Reviews for Fullmetal Legacy
BROOD WARRIOR chapter 39 . 3/24/2011
WHAT CAN I SAY,THIS WAS A GREAT STORY THE PLOT WELL LAID OUT AND A GREAT ENDING.I GOT MISTY EYED AT THE END THE BROOD WARRIOR IS FOREVER A FAN OF THE MUSICIAN'S STORYS.
NitenGale chapter 39 . 4/11/2010
Eh . . . how do I say this? There were parts of this that I liked and parts that I didn't.

First and foremost, it bugged me, I mean REALLY bugged me, that it was so disjointed. It was like there were large chapters missing. You inserted filler chapters just when things were beginning to get interesting and explained the resolutions to tense situations in a few short sentences. Characters talked about discoveries and conversations that were crucial to the plotline, but NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPENED IN YOUR STORY. It would be one thing if it had happened once or twice, but the characters were constantly talking about significant events (i.e. life-and-death battles with Hunter and homunculi) that were completely skipped in the actual story. You killed half your villains off camera with a simple "they were dealt with" to explain their sudden absence. There were large, unspecific timeline gaps that made it very difficult to gauge exactly how much time had passed. I was really surprised when you said that Nick had vanished for a good 18 months, since the last we had heard he had been gone for two. And what happened to Hunter? Did you forget about him?

I accept that this is an AU, so I can pretty much ignore the fact that Hughes and Hohenheim are alive, but making human transmutation possible, while romantic and convenient, is going too far, even for an AU. The message portrayed in the majority of the Fullmetal Alchemist series, whether anime or manga, is that it is impossible to bring back the dead the way they were before, no matter the sacrifice, and that those who play God bring tragedy on themselves. So I don't think Kaori's stunt fits with the rules of the world you've placed her in.

With all the times you said that Nick was exactly like Ed, I wonder if that really sank in for you? Nick was EXACTLY like Ed. As in NO differences WHATSOEVER. Not in appearance, not in personality, not in abilities. And frankly, as much as I love Ed, I did not want to be reading a story in which his clone goes through the exact same spiritual growth process as he does. I wanted to see at least SOME of Winry in Nick, somewhere. She is his mother and all.

Okay, I think I'm done being mean. I DO like your writing style. Content aside, you write very well and I found myself wanting to finish the story for that reason alone. I liked your portrayals of Ed, Mustang, and Havoc. They gave me a lot of laughs. Kaori herself was a good original character, kept safely out of the realm of Mary-Sueness with her Mustang aspects. The original concept for the story was a good one and with some help, maybe someone to bounce ideas off of, I think that if you wanted to and had the time, you could edit this into a very good, well-told story.

Eh. Hate me if you want, I tried to be honest and not mean at the same time. Bottom line, I liked your story, but I didn't LOVE it and because I can see clearly which parts held it back, I find myself disappointed. That's not to say I don't LOVE your other work. This particular one just didn't do it for me.

Don't give up! Keep writing! I await the next installments of your current -Man projects! You're doing very well there!
Flameses chapter 39 . 11/2/2009
I really did enjoy this story- thank you so much for it! A very nice job, really, and a very sweet ending. It made me feel all warm inside...
Flameses chapter 37 . 11/2/2009
Heh heh heh... The proposal was sweet, but Ed and Mustang's reactions were even sweeter :D
Flameses chapter 33 . 10/12/2009
Awesome chapter- and an interesting theory on the secret to human transmutation Sorry that I'm behind on chapters, been kinda busy lately and I'm trying to catch up when I can.. I'll try to continue later, now I gotta go to school But I can't wait to continue!

-Flames :D
iTorchic chapter 31 . 9/21/2009
poor nick! XD i feel bad for him! XD Also: It'd be extremely hilarious to see Nick getting Havoc's job XD
truegenius13 chapter 27 . 9/15/2009
There's another one? Nick's lucky he didn't have a stroke.
truegenius13 chapter 22 . 9/15/2009
Al's a stalker! haha. this chapter was funny even though the flashback was depressing.
truegenius13 chapter 14 . 9/15/2009
LOL! this chapter was hilarious. poor Nick.
iTorchic chapter 29 . 9/14/2009
I can't wait to see how Edward and Winry will react to Nick coming back! Please include it in the next chapter or sometime soon! RIP Breda! Say hi to Hughes for me! I bet there isn't any dogs up there!
Flameses chapter 27 . 9/9/2009
Nice to meet the other Mustang Don't worry, I'm still reading this, I've just been busy lately and just got the chance!

Thanks for the chapter!

-Flameses
iTorchic chapter 27 . 9/8/2009
i've been reading this story, but never really got to reviewing. I'd like to say that I really enjoy this fic and I squeal with joy when I see that it's been updated.

I usually don't pay attention to post-generation fics but this one is unique. It's what keeps me hooked. I like how Nick ended up making the same mistake his father made, but in a different circumstance since it's his sister.

The 'stalker' Uncle Al cracked me up! XD I also like Nick's friendship with Mustang's daughter. If they end up together, I would be happy plus I would love to see both dads' reactions! Ed and Roy would be related! XD

This last chapter made me laugh out histerically though. It's not because of your writing, but it's the irony of the location for me. On the 29th, my parents are going to Hawaii for a week and my mom won't shut up about it! XD Plus, I found out that the theme of my school's homecoming dance is 'Hawaian'. The irony just made me laugh.

So Nick and Alter!Mustang are friends? I like it! Poor Ed and Winry though! It's been months and Nick is still missing! They must think he's dead by now!

So, please keep writing this story and I'll keep writing mine! If you have a chance, please read them! They are: 'Falling into Myself' and 'Binding of Truth'. Wow, this is long review! XD So, please update soon but don't rush too much!
Flameses chapter 23 . 8/24/2009
Ahh, so Nick's in Germany now? That's gonna be interesting to get out of.. I look forward to the next chapter!

-Flames
criminalsmythe chapter 17 . 8/1/2009
What is it with me and post-gen fics? I have no idea but I still, love it. Update soon please.
Wickedwitch96 chapter 17 . 8/1/2009
Lol! I had to keep myself from laughing because everybody in my house is asleep! God it brought tears to my eyes. So awesome! Can't wait for the next!