Reviews for Tainted Heart
Tigirl chapter 18 . 3/19
Vaati...
PleaseohpleaseohpleaseohpleaseohPLEASE let this follow the manga and Vaati turns out to be fine!
Actually, no. I feel like that would cheapen this. Well, whatever you decided is good by me.
Tigirl chapter 12 . 3/19
I was WRONG? Wooo But sweet Nayru, Vaati is in for a heap of trouble. The best thing to do is tell him IMMEDIATELY after he's better.
Tigirl chapter 11 . 3/19
I'm going to take a shot in the dark here... Delta no longer wants to hang out with Vaati, causing Vaati to become angry at Ezlo. Just a guess
Tigirl chapter 10 . 3/19
How did I know where this was going? I can't believe I let myself forget how snappy Ezlo was... I was just hoping that Vaati could be happy!
Tigirl chapter 3 . 3/19
Yay Vaati! Be strong for me... (I'm gonna pretend that the outcome isn't inevitable.)
Isodrink chapter 1 . 3/1
You really dig Vaati. I really dig your storys. I think we've got something going there ;)
Ok, it has been a few weeks since I finished Tainted Heart. Actually, it was the first fic I read, written by you, therefor: yeah, has been a few weeks. But since I finally have time at my hands I think I can finally wrap myself around a review.

Ok, you managed to make a full fledged character out of Vaati, created from...nothing except hints in the game. That's nothing but impressive (boy do I hope I just used that figure of speech correctly, should be a praise If i got it right , I'm not a native speaker therefor only 99% of the time sure of what I'm writing)
Your Vaati is a really good character. He is not just someone plain evil or other rather boring stuff like that, but he's the creation of a lot of small things that summed up and got out of hand. I like that approach. Really much. Reminds me of lambda in Tales of Graces...but I digress. The way you managed to put the different relationships in place was very well done. I also liked, no I loved the way you made the relationship between Vaati and Delta. I read their first coming on friendly terms and just thought "awwwww heartwarming!".

There are quite a lot of other things that are quite well done, for example that the thing that started Vaati becoming the villain was something so trivial for Vaati himself: A girl and relationships.

For criticizing I've only got one thing. The ending was well done, but the speed that it came with was a bit too much for me. For me, the shift of Vaati from a normal, confident kid to an arrogant prick was well done. The shift from arrogant prick to a villain that slaughters a whole village however went a bit too abrupt for me. I was still getting around the fact that Vaati was an asshole and suddenly he becomes the very villain he always is. You can explain everything, it's always dependend on the readers view, I just wanted to voice my opinion about that.

I think you very much earned that review, I'm really looking forward to the rest of the unresolved, since I've finally got time to read again ;)
Best of wishes from me to you again :)
hilzel chapter 18 . 7/11/2012
AAAAH oh man i never noticed that loooooooong review i posted on this chapter sent as a guest, i thought i was still logged in...hmm...typing until 2am makes me a little woozy

yeah i thought i'd just mention that because it was quite a long review dfgfhgjhgj
Guest chapter 18 . 7/11/2012
aaaaah this fic makes me really sad for so many reasons...i just reread the entire thing today gfhghjkjlljh. it's really great seeing someone else agree that his flaws/actions mostly stem from being too proud and willful rather than just flat-out craziness or psychopathy or something, which is something i see a lot on here and it bothers me a whole lot because it's not just not believable to me.

actually i've always liked your interpretations of vaati, not just because they're one of the most well-thought out ones i've seen on here, but because i'm at the same time fascinated and repulsed by his character? It's kinda hard to explain what I mean exactly but somehow he seems the complete opposite of me/a person i'd really hate if actually confronted with, but also someone i can also relate a LOT to. even though that probably doesn't make much sense, it's definitely a big reason why i love your fics so much, because i just have a really big fascination with characters who end up becoming the sort of person they started out despising. because i can see myself going the same way, sometimes, and it's kinda cathartic to read about i guess haha

i came across a quote that reminded me a lot of your version of vaati, actually...maybe i'm a little biased because i'm a scorpio myself and he's my favourite character, but everything about them always seems to fit a lot of interpretations of him? but yeah something about this just clicked, especially about the lack of self-acceptance.

"Scorpio- Dark side? Bah humbug. You are a smouldering gothic creature and proud of it. If you are in denial about this you are in big trouble. Being awake for a thousand years gives you the edge over everybody else. Nobody nurses a grudge like you do, because you know revenge is a dish best served icy cold. Your poisonous sting is fatal, but lack of self-acceptance means you will use it on yourself one day and then the sky will darken, the mirror will crack, and your bones will turn to dust in a heartbeat.."

(GOD SORRY I WROTE SO MUCH i am just really passionate about fanfiction dfgfhcgjfhj)
Pays de Merveilles chapter 20 . 2/11/2012
While I was reading this, it dawned upon me that Vaati is almost exactly like me.

It's an excellent story BTW! I loved it so much!
SilverEyeShinobi chapter 19 . 3/20/2011
I LOVE THAT SOOOONG! From the Inside - Linkin Park. Defenitely one of my favorite bands!

Vaati I want to violently shake you until you get a taste if reality. Shame that will only cause my untimely death. You did a great job with thus story! I loved it! Devoured it all in one sitting! Now, I shall go to bed so I can wake up and go to school tomorrow unlike Vaati who totally skipped. Unlike Vaati I see the value in taking things slowly, though I too get things very quickly. Well, thanks again for another truly entertaining story! Loved it!
SilverEyeShinobi chapter 18 . 3/20/2011
Ohhhh Vaati D: I found it really easy to sympathize with him before, but now I feel like he just killed me along with those Minish! I think I stopped feeling for him when Ezlo moved back to square one. Delta was totally right. Vaati got so caught up in his hatred for others, he missed all of the mistakes he made.
SilverEyeShinobi chapter 14 . 3/20/2011
Vaati hasn't snapped yet. He's just beginning to stretch thin, or coil like a spring. Either way, tension is building.
SilverEyeShinobi chapter 12 . 3/20/2011
Oh boy. Womanizer Vaati. I'm just devouring this story. I have school tomorrow, but I can't stop reading!
SilverEyeShinobi chapter 9 . 3/20/2011
BAHHAHAHAHAHA! a broken tip is pointless! I laughed so hard at that one! Ah it makes me think of the time when my drama group did a skit with a prop axe and we were cracking axe puns for the next ten minutes. Such as "Let's cut to the chase" and "Mind if I axe you a few questions?" rofl I love puns. I must be one of the few people who do XD.
SilverEyeShinobi chapter 8 . 3/20/2011
Stop with the puns huh? That's some sage advice *nudge nudge* I adore puns.