Reviews for End of the Innocence
7kstar chapter 6 . 5/31/2009
Yes after a performance the applause is such a wonderful sound.

So here is your applause, I really enjoyed it. The fact that you tied the dead deer from the beginning to the end is a nice bridge.

LittleLurker chapter 6 . 5/11/2009
I liked the entire story, however, I have to say that the last chapter is what really, really got me. You had both of them down to perfection! Well, I guess it's probably also harder to write from the perspective of young Dean, but sometimes I had the impression that - even considering Winchester conditions - he acted to mature to soldier-like for a ten-year old. Anyhow, as I said, I liked it and I will be looking for more of your stories.

Thanks!
RoseMariePaige chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
Okay, all of your chapters are absolutely amazing! I read them all and I loved them, you really got into the character of Dean, and chapter six was funny with all of the conversations between Sammy and Dean at the beginning of the chapter. Loved it!, Rose
Jamiez001 chapter 6 . 5/2/2009
:D I love your story. I'm totally into the Dean POV stuff.

Jamie
Yammy1983 chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
great update and great ending!
jessabel chapter 6 . 4/20/2009
I loved this - Normaly I only like Weechester and Teenchester but truth be told I really liked the last chapter with the guys in their 20s - I like to think of them like that in happier times - Yeah I know they weren't exactly jumping for joy here but compared where they are with each other in season 4 - Enough said - I was really feeling the Love and I liked it - Thanks
pandora jazz chapter 6 . 4/19/2009
I loved how you finished this story with the brothers as adults.

I could just imagine Sam's face as he tried to get Dean to tell him what happen all those years ago. Of course Dean would never want to share an emotional moment.

You always do such a great job giving us the insight into Dean and with his voice, but I think in this chapter you really captured both the brothers. I could just see this scene being played out.

It makes sense that Dean kept the secret, he would have done anything to keep Sam from hating him for killing the deer.

We all know Dean is telling the truth about not killing the man, but I bet Sam will spend some time on the computer checking into police reports from that time.

I hope you keep sharing your stories with us. Wow, 41 of them now. I've read them all except one.

Until next time, hope all is well and take care.
Linnie McCary chapter 6 . 4/18/2009
I've enjoyed your writing through each chapter, B.J., so it's time to point out a few particularly nice lines in this one:

-"...rough, on the brittle edge of something fierce."

-"...immersed in the test like it would decipher the mysteries of the unknown."

-"...Dean, shaped in the image of Dad."

I really appreciated what they evoked.

Loved Sam asking Dean his best childhood memory, and that Dean responded genuinely. Also liked that at first Sam thought he was teasing, and his subsequent insight: "Why can't I remember? Why don't I want to remember?"

Dean's "Doesn't matter, the fact is it did suffer and I was the cause" so perfectly captures his S4 sentiments, too. Interesting connections to S4 Sam, too.

Nice work!
Linnie McCary chapter 5 . 4/18/2009
You've been breaking my heart with this-no child should be exposed to what John has required of Dean. (Not a big John-fan here...)
Linnie McCary chapter 2 . 4/18/2009
Excellent writing, B.J., as you must know. Such a sad, weighty tone for such a little boy...

(And Sam's adorable.)
irismay42 chapter 6 . 4/18/2009
Aww I wish the boys could have a heart to heart like that on the show! But I guess it would take the whole show!

I really liked the flash-forward you finished the story with, explaining what had happened with Dean and the Bambi-killer from a grown-up Dean's perspective. And I'm not surprised Sam wasn't entirely convinced Dean hadn't killed the guy!

This was a really great story - a nice glimpse into what made Dean (and Sam for that matter!) the men we know and love today!
JenF chapter 6 . 4/18/2009
Read this through from start to finish in one go. Can't really add anything to what's already been said other than I've got a ten year old of my own and boy, have you got little Dean spot on or what!

I love the way Dean tried to keep it all from Sam for so many years. Really enjoyed this story, I can't write weechester for toffee but I do like reading good ones like this.
adder574 chapter 6 . 4/18/2009
I loved this story from start to finish. I can imagine Dean thinking that Sam would hate him if he knew the full story. I'm glad that Sam got Dean to finally talk about what happened. Its also good to know that Dean didn't kill the man.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 6 . 4/18/2009
great
J-09 chapter 5 . 4/10/2009
Whoa! He shot that guy?

Great job on this fic. I'm looking forward to reading more.
67 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »