Reviews for End of the Innocence
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 3/5/2009
How sad.

Dean believing he needs to be a warrior, someone to fight beside his dad.

I like how Jim treated the brothers.

It seems that John just didn't see his kids alot, even if they were in front of him, just focused on the hunts.

Thanks for the update.
irismay42 chapter 3 . 3/5/2009
Aw... poor Dean. Not only does he miss his mom, but he misses his 'old' dad too I think - the bit in the diner where he was watching the mother and her kids, and then when he's being hugged by Pastor Jim were so sad - like Sam's the only person who ever hugs him. *sniffle* Wait till you're a bit older Dean, then there will be LOTS of people who will want to hug you...!
Yammy1983 chapter 3 . 3/5/2009
great update!
SamDeanLover28 chapter 3 . 3/5/2009
awesome
adder574 chapter 2 . 2/27/2009
Loved this update. I'm glad that Dean finally admitted to his father that he hurt his wrist. It was nice to see John take his boys out and him showing concern that Sam wanted Bambi read to him.

I can't wait to read the next update.
Miyo86 chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
;_; I feel so bad for young Dean, and the stuff about his mom...Seriously, this almost made me cry irl. So much pain, and yet still such an awesome big brother. Can't wait to see what happens next!
sylia91 chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
Lovely as always. Dean just breaks my heart. He alternates between being just a kid but cynical and wiser than most adults I know and so determined to take care of everyone around him but himself. His love for Sammy is much more paternal and nurturing than the usual sibling relationship. It isn't fair but it is beautiful. Yeahh! Supernatural got renewed and we have a 5th season to see it through to the end!
KatieLB chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
oh i would have paid good money to watch john winchester sit through a meal at chuck e cheese or as we call it upchuck please LOL another great chapter... wee dean is ripping my heart out thought by thought! Scrubbing his mom's freckles off! Kill me now boys! Great job and Im so glad the site is back up! ttyl m
annie200 chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
"So easy, so natural. Just love and hugs and kisses, and off to bed or not. John wondered how they ever became so close, really just two parts of one whole. His sons. Together they could conquer anything and would, John knew."

This bit made me cry! You have captured the total devotion od Sam and Dean for each other to a tee, and also somehow reflected Sam's slightly selfish, younger brother, attitude.

And poor Dean, struggling to come to terms with everything that has happened to him ans scrubbing off his freckles, that was heart-breaking.

Worst of all I felt for John who loves his boys in such an inarticulate gruff way. Great writing, as always.
irismay42 chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
I love how you wrote Sammy in this chapter - absolutely adorable the way he looks up to Dean. I know this was written a long time before Sex and Violence aired, but I think that's the Sam Dean misses.

Oh and *guh* Dean trying to erase Mom's freckles. *sniffle*

Loved this line too:

"The two of them together, united and invincible. Dad said so."

Hope Lilith's listening!
lostatc chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
So many times when I read fanfic and there are direct references to the show, such as "So he thought about her every day and tried to be brave," I roll my eyes and think to myself that there had to be a way to reference it without saying it directly. With your writing, though, you add so much debth and meaning around the direct reference that it works. It works so well that you can see where the character developed the thoughts and feelings that went into the statement made in the show. So, in your stories it's almost as if the show is referencing back to you rather than you referencing the show. Does that make sense?

I also love the feel of this story. It brings about the emotion of melabcholy that Dean is obviously feeling. I read it slow, much the way I think Dean is probably reading "Bambi" to Sam, because to read it any faster would be a disservice to the overall mood.

I hope, but think it may not happen, that John will finally acknowledge Dean's true problem and address it. (Hints are here but can John really move past his own pain to deal with his son's pain?)

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am looking forward to the rest of the story.
SamDeanLover28 chapter 2 . 2/26/2009
great
pandora jazz chapter 2 . 2/25/2009
Love the note at the beginning. I could picture you at lunch with Jensen, but unsure if you would be able to eat anything as he directed his smile at you. If you weren't speechless, you would be going down your list of questions that you have always wanted to ask. :)

Well, back to the story.

You did such a good job with John. I'm glad that you wrote him as a caring father. He may not always make the right move or say the right thing, but he cares about his sons.

Sammy is so cute. I could picture him at Chuck E Cheese and I would hope the mouse stayed away.

Once again you captured Dean's thoughts, loved the last paragraph.

Thanks for the update.

Will talk later.
irismay42 chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Aww ta for the dedication! Can you see me blushing?

I remember this story well, and I still think you made a better job of Dean's early hunting than the comic books did! You really understand what makes him tick - both then as a little dude and now as a slightly bigger (sigh) dude - namely looking after Sam and hunting with Dad. They've always been the two things that give Dean's life purpose, and you've definitely demonstrated that here. I thought it was really clever how you started out making us think Dean was hunting a supernatural creature of some kind, while what he was really hunting was Bambi. (Or Bambi's mom, which is probably worse looking at Dean's relationship with Mary.)

I liked how you related this back to the Shtriga too, and to Dean wanting to make his dad proud and make him smile. Aww. Poor broken boy...
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
Thanks for the lovely words in your note.

It is a wonderful treat to read this story again.

Though I know what Dean is hunting, the way you build up to the moment of the kill is still so suspenseful. We believe the creature is supernatural, evil and instead the animal is innocent and has soft brown eyes.

Dean's thought afterwards, to make sure next time that the first shot counts, that always makes me think of how good Dean is with a gun, an example is when he does finally get the Shtrga and saves Sam.

Nice moment as John checked on Dean after he was sick. Dean knows his dad loves him, just nice to feel it sometimes.

You do such a wonderful job of getting inside Dean's head.

Until next time, thanks and take care.
67 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »