Reviews for Dear Mr President
Leafpool chapter 1 . 10/28
Me again. I did a quick google search on how Zachary Taylor died and here’s what I found. Apparently, he had overheated and drank a lot of milk and ate cherries after the party, and that didn’t go over well with his digestive system (?). A quote I found said: “The bacteria were mostly likely present in the water or iced milk Taylor drank, though other sources have claimed that Taylor died of gastroenteritis caused by the highly acidic cherries combined with fresh milk. Others suspected food poisoning or typhoid fever.”
Leafpool chapter 1 . 10/28
I remember I once did a project on the twelfth president in third grade. If I remember correctly, he died of typhoid fever, but I may be wrong. It is 12:30 am where I am. Also, I just went on a class trip to Springfield, Illinois, and the Lincoln one kinda hits close to home (literally, I actually live near Springfield. Yay puns and unfunny jokes!)
Champion of Justice chapter 1 . 7/1/2016
Great job! I really enjoyed reading this story. I can't wait to read more, so please update soon.
MarukaiteWeeaboo chapter 1 . 4/18/2016
okay so this story is wonderful but that tiny mistake where instead if days you put dads I was like one dad two dad three dad fo-whoops he's dead.
NyleveLlama chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
I love your story and your writing! Very direct but deep in content. Plus, I love history! And, being American, I love American History! I enjoy reading Alfred's interactions with his leaders, it really is inspiring when he's side by side working amazing feats with an amazing person. And I cried at the end. Lincoln is
my hero and I'm sure he's Alfred's too.
BringingBackSocksWithSandals chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
Oh man, I'm loving this story so freaking much. I love history and I'm currently studying US History so it's so enjoyable just reading a fanfiction like this. I love how you portray America and I really really hope you continue this! I love America and his interactions with the presidents. It might just be my favorite Hetalia fanfiction plot.
Sparks101 chapter 1 . 1/4/2012
This was great! I hope for a part 2. I love little facts.
FifthDayOfMay chapter 1 . 4/22/2011
I've really consdered writing something like this and I'm glad I'm not the only one who was untreated in these things. It's really interesting and I LOVE Abraham so much! Abraham and George are my fVoeite presidents without a doubt!
Girlygeek43 chapter 1 . 3/22/2011
Very nice and historically accurate.
Niki-the-awesome chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
wwwoooowww. I always love it when people really do their research on history and put it into Hetalia...this was really gooood!
Agatsuma Ritsuka chapter 1 . 3/15/2010
"I know nothing."

"Excuse me?"

"That's it."

"That's what?"

"That's what I'm going to call it."

"…What?"

That little segment was win . The know-nothing's crack me up... if only because they are the know nothings
AnonFirefly chapter 1 . 12/20/2009
You have no idea how happy this story makes me. Basically my entire first semester of US presidential history condensed into one epic piece of fanfiction. That's amazing, and I may have to tell my history teacher about this. XD I caught all the historical references and I really liked how you included Jefferson's indecision about the Louisiana Purchase, Andrew Jackson's Indian Removal Act, Harrison and Tyler's presidencies... Really, it was all very well done and this whole this is just amazing!

"Martin Van Ruin..." How cruel, yet partially, historically correct.
the Kage Tenshi chapter 1 . 9/4/2009
"Jackson was a Racist"...You *do* know that he adopted a Creek Indian boy after he had been orphaned by war, right? And raised him alongside his other adopted son.

It is true that he held a dim view of Native Americans, however, he was known to be kind to them individually.

The idea of Indian Removal was actually Thomas Jefferson's idea which Jackson shared:

"Jackson also espoused removing Indian tribes in the United States to the west of the Mississippi River as one of his reforms. Jackson argued that the United States policy of attempting to assimilate Indian tribes into white society had failed and moreover, it would destroy the Indians’ way of life. Furthermore, Jackson recognized that whites desired Indian lands and he feared that if they remained in those areas that they would eventually be exterminated."

also the Hermitage offers this "Although the slaves had some material possessions and lived in what would be considered larger than average slave dwellings, they were none-the-less unfree. While Jackson cared for his slaves as evidenced by adequate food, housing, and the ability of the slave women to reproduce, slavery was a brutal and cruel system."

The only people Jackson was known to abhor, were the British, he blamed them for the death of his mother and brothers (who died during the Revolution), leaving him orphaned at 14 years old.

Other then that I enjoyed your concept and look forward to seeing what you write for other Presidents should you continue. :D
Alana-kittychan chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
wow you guys had to go throught alot Poor USA *pets*
Yoly chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
WOW! I want you to continue with the rest of the President! I loved it.