Reviews for Slave to the Song
ihaznoideawuttowrite chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
which song are you talking about? the one in DMC or AWE? i'm betting on the first one... this is such a sad ficlet... *sniffle*
Terribly Sorry To Interrupt chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
PhantomPenguin chapter 1 . 6/7/2009
Excellent contrasts in this one. Jones both loves and despises Calypso, just as he manages to be both monstrous and human.

I like the theme of retribution that Jones uses-Calypso hurt him, and therefore he imagines that he was justified in hurting her. I also love how you based the entire drabble around the song. Blame my inner band geek, but when one of the predominant themes in a piece is music, or a reference to it, it makes me like it all the more. Great job!
Amanda Howlett chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Oh my, I loved this! The song Davy plays in the movie is one of my favorite songs. Your fic was so well written, filled with emotions, and accurate. Awesome job!
Flygon Pirate chapter 1 . 2/20/2009
That is amazing!

So much feeling and anger! It's really good! :D

Awesome job!
Nytd chapter 1 . 2/19/2009
More realistic angst and vivid bitterness here. Love and hate are two sides of the same coin, and with such intense feeling, it's easy to see why the hate became so great.

She kept herself, the one thing he loved most, from him, and he kept her from her beloved sea. Ovious they lash out the fiercest at the ones they each loved the most, and were hurt by the most.

Nice job peaking into the thoughts of Davy Jones as he reflects on Calypso.

"Now the song was all he had. So he played every night without fail, wanting her, despising her.

The music thundered on."