Reviews for Something Good
AsmaahHaqq chapter 11 . 9/4
Ughhhhhhh Elsa
AsmaahHaqq chapter 8 . 9/4
Can someone run over elsa already
MidnightDew chapter 15 . 8/2
I love this story! Your characterisation of Georg is spot on and totally awesome. It's like reading scenes that have been cut off from the original movie itself! Please continue writing. This story is a gem. I love how Georg was attracted to Maria despite telling himself he'll keep the relationship professional.. And i really hated him when he sounded so indifferent when Maria left but your writing managed to portray his inner struggle and every nuance of his emotions. Great job!
alaskasieg1 chapter 1 . 6/30
Please update soon! Such a wonderful read!
jennifer.willing chapter 15 . 6/4
A wonderful story. I really like reading into the depths behind the familiar scenes which the film can't go into (without ending up being about 6 hours long!). Many moments reduced me to tears. I think you write really well and I'm looking forward to the next instalment(s)...
Scot chapter 5 . 5/29
I like Kurt -he's such a sunny - natured lad!
The Dark One Rising chapter 15 . 3/14
So, what exactly happened to this? Did your muse leave? You are still active of the site. It is not that you left entirely. You just left this fic. Well, I would assume so. Might I recommend rewatching the movie? The 50th anniversary was last year.
The Dark One Rising chapter 14 . 3/14
It's so very happy. Delightful, really. I don't suppose we will actually see the wedding, will we? You don't really seem the type to timeskip right to it. Unfortunately, there is only one chapter left. Well, I had a nice time reading this, while it lasted.
The Dark One Rising chapter 13 . 3/14
I'm not sure whether I would like to say this would have been a good place to end. This was a story about the children and the Von Traop family, yes. However, it was much more about the romance of Georg and Maria. That has finall been acknowledge, when the title song was sung, no less. We know they get married, then flee. We have known all of this was coming, I supose. If you do not stop here, though, then where? The wedding? The honeymoon? Switzerland? America? Georg's death?
The Dark One Rising chapter 12 . 3/14
Finally. Yes, we have all been waiting for this. The other gaiters were still quite enjoyable. This, however, will likely become the most memorable.

As an aside, I do think you portrayed Elsa with fairness and understanding. There may be some who would quickly write her off as a mere conceited gold digger. You did not. You attempted to find her motivations. I think you succeeded.
The Dark One Rising chapter 11 . 3/13
That scene where Georg announced his engagement? Odd? Yes, I suppose. I saw it more as him trying and failing not to be hurt and angry at Maria's disappearance. Any mention of her was brushed off with forced casualness. I thought he was more angry than dejected, though he was feeling that, too. Angry that she had left and hurt the children, as well as himself. The forced cheeriness was uncomfortable. He may have been trying to drown himself in Elsa to forget about Maria.
The Dark One Rising chapter 10 . 3/13
This is even worse than I thought it would be. The movie gave them three days to get used to the idea of Maria not being there. Here, the raw pain of the children (and the Captain) is very evident. Hello, angst. I'm not even sure why I was looking forward to this. It's out me in a sour mood. Now, I can't wait for it to be over.
The Dark One Rising chapter 9 . 3/13
Watching for a second time, once older, I saw how much the political climate of the time affected the movie. When I first watched it, as a young child, I never really noticed. I was too engrossed by the lovely music, idyllic family life and beautiful Julie Andrews to notice much. I was, thus, unprepared for the political side of things in a children's movie.
The Dark One Rising chapter 8 . 3/13
There we go. That's better. He's hasn't actually known her for all that long. Barring the first day, he was in Vienna, for most of the time Maria was governess. Has he really fallen in love with her, despite only having truly known her for a week or two? Honestly, I don't think it's even been a week. He hadn't been home that long, before the party.

And he thinks those dances with his children will be the highlight of his night. Not even close. I have been much looking forward to the dance between Georg and Maria, as well as its aftermath. This should be...fun.
The Dark One Rising chapter 7 . 3/13
This is so wonderfully, agonizingly long. Georg has realized it, and yet, he hasn't. The impending engagement is still preventing him from truly acknowledging that Maria is the one he should be marrying.