Reviews for How Could You Use A Poor Maiden So?
elianrot chapter 7 . 9/17/2014
Its commonly said that characters can never be all good or all bad, and that is where i always thought thats Thomas Hardy failed. Alec has very little development in the story, but you re-creation is very good and certainly much more realistic. Alec always seemed so inhuman, which is why i think everyone ended up rooting for him anyway, because the evil of his character is sort of unbelievable. Amazing work! x
fanfiction-fan2012 chapter 16 . 8/16/2013
Hi taniaSLC,

Read your story and loved it. Sometimes it was difficult because of the woords you used but I like your end alot beter that of the original author (Thomas Hardy?).

The words were elequant but as I said difficult to follow at times.

Good luck in the futurt
Light Farron chapter 9 . 11/6/2010
""You addlepated daughter of Rahab! You, a simple-minded cur whose face eagerly shows the Curse of Lot's Daughters, presume to judge a woman whose only misdeed was being born so beautiful that her face burns with the same truth as the Ark of old?"

I dragged him quickly and unceremoniously from the store, hoping that the girl would never put two and two together and realize that Alec had called her a whore and the result of incestuous inbreeding. Hopefully, she'd never get there on her own."

ROFL! OMG, so funny! I can just imagine Tess face palming and dragging Alec out of the store by his ear. So funny! I love how you added small funny scenes, so that the story's not total angst.

Light Farron chapter 2 . 11/5/2010
Aww your Alec is so cute and funny. I love the character developements and the way you portrayed them. Sigh. Your story is so good that I'm loosing sleep over it.

Light Farron chapter 1 . 11/5/2010
This is beautifully written. I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who thought that Tess and Alec should have been together. Angel was way too much of an ass; I seriously wanted to punch him while reading the book. Meanwhile alec was so devoted to her and he cared despite everything. I'm really glad that there is a fanfic for Tess and Alec. Thank you.

RejaNuha chapter 15 . 10/28/2010
Really another great chapter, I love the playful interaction between Alec and Tess. There was one little hiccup though, not sure if you caught it but there is a moment before Alec enters the room and Tess says, "Alec, how did you find me here?" when he is addressing Angel. Other than that, wonderful job. I love you for this fic!

-RejaNuha
RejaNuha chapter 5 . 10/27/2010
Thank you GOD for this story! I've wanted to find a good Tess/Alec story and couldn't find any at all! This is truly wonderful and what a wonderful chapter, you give them dialogue that fits their character's so well. I wish that Alec had changed for the better. On to read more.

-RejaNuha
sophichka chapter 16 . 8/19/2010
I always thought that Tess should end up with Alec :) You have done such an amazing job of turning the story on it's head (in a good way!) I would say you've also done a brilliant job of changing Alec's personality, but I like to think that he was always good deep down :)
franks-not-dead chapter 15 . 4/21/2010
Ah, I love this story! I always thought Tess should have ended up with Alec- he did wrong, but at least he tried to make up for it in his own warped and misguided way. Angel was just a... well twit is the nicest way of putting it lol.

When I read your story, I imagine the BBC adaptation with Gemma Arterton and Hans Matheson, probably because that's my favourite version, and also because your Tess and Alec seem to take on their, I can't think of the word, presence? Anyway, I mean it as a compliment :)

Looking forward to finding out what happens next!
MusicalMaryann chapter 16 . 3/4/2010
Bravo! You have done such a great job with this story. I commend you very highly for your commitment, but also the great quality of your work!

Well done, and all the best for the future, I have really enjoyed reading this story, and you have most certainly done the characters the greatest of justices.

Maryann
specialkcantgetenough chapter 16 . 3/3/2010
I'm not even sure how to express how much I enjoyed your fanfic! I enjoyed the Masterpiece Theatre version of this story, so I picked up the book a few days later. After finishing it I couldn't get over how none of the characters really grew. Alec remained evil, Angel remained free from blame, and Tess always saw herself as worthless. Even when she kills him in the end, it doesn't leave you feeling vindicated.

Maybe it's cheesy, but I like a story that gives it's characters a chance for redemption.

Anyways, thanks so much for writing this!
MlleMary chapter 15 . 2/26/2010
Absolutely wonderful writing. I really enjoyed reading your work! :)
MusicalMaryann chapter 15 . 2/9/2010
Wonderful again. You really do have a talent for writing; particularly conversation. As always, looking forward to the next chapter. :)
MusicalMaryann chapter 14 . 1/29/2010
Well done. You have done a great job of making everything that happens, and is said, seem completely natural; and in my head I can even hear the accent! I think you have tapped into Tess' thoughts so well, congrats.

Looking forward to future chapters.
Wolfgirl82 chapter 1 . 1/22/2010
I really like this story!