Reviews for Chuck vs the Future REDUX
s-david-m chapter 8 . 11/15/2012
Interesting premise for a story. A few technical notes: there is no way they would retrofit a shuttle for interplanetary travel. Shuttles are not properly radiation shielded, not to mention their materials and pressurization systems are incredibly primitive. If they were truly being given anything they needed as he general said, the Alliance would have given them a modern shuttle and a small crew to help pilot it and help them in any way needed.

Also, Chuck seems to be entirely too ok with having lost everyone in his past. If its because he believes he'll find his way back, then he seems entirely too ok with hooking up with Kayley.
Leona Esperanza chapter 18 . 1/29/2012
This was very good, a good crossing of the two universes. I was a little hesitant about the Chuck/Kaylee relationship, but you made it believable. Jayne's disappointment over his great-etc. grandfather being NSA was a nice touch - we can't all be proud of our ancestors, although the scene where he and Casey are singing together at the end was fun. The final scene between Chuck and Sarah was beautifully romantic. Overall, a very good story.

There was one scene that bothered me, though. Making Sarah's growl-y behavior a result of hormones is one thing, but the "overproducing estrogen because she's surrounded by only men" thing was annoying. If you wanted her behavior in that scene to honestly be aggravated by PMS as a way of showing just how long this rescue is taking them, that would have worked. But this had undertones of "women can't work just with men without their hormones making them irrational," and that I have to object to. (Although to be fair, it has been documented that women who are together a lot end up with synchronized cycles, and no one's figured out how that works yet. So if you can point me to a reputable medical site that documents the phenomenon you're describing, I'm willing to consider the point.)

Aside from that, however, I really enjoyed the story. And I agree with you about whoever complained about the supposed "Bush-bashing," but then, I'm also a diehard liberal. :)
apocalyps24 chapter 18 . 5/12/2010
i realy loved this story... it is one of the few on that has truly touched me, and for that i am truly gratefull

thanks for writting it

apocalyps24
irezel chapter 18 . 4/11/2010
that was nice...i enjoyed reading it! great job!
PhoenixRe chapter 18 . 1/18/2010
Well, that was a nice story.

BUT I loved the final chapter. It was beautiful.

Really moved me.
PhoenixRe chapter 5 . 1/18/2010
Quite good. About Kaylee, towards the end. I think that her character is something like that but that she would exactly behave the way she did... I know, I can't quite express it.

Also I am a fan of River/Kaylee and Chuck/Sarah
PhoenixRe chapter 4 . 1/18/2010
Good story so far. I am enjoying more than it's prequel.

BTW, from what I know there weren't details for the Alliance history in the series so if you came up with all that on your own then my congratulations to you. It was amazing.
fullhans1 chapter 18 . 1/11/2010
Great story.
Antioch XX chapter 18 . 11/20/2009
Great story, bittersweet ending.
Madje Knotts chapter 18 . 7/4/2009
AWESOME! Finished all the regular stories and decided to read the crossovers, just recently watched Firefly and decided to read this fic, it was AWESOME to say the least, loved it, especialyl glad that Chuck and Sarah got together in the end!
Baylink chapter 18 . 6/16/2009
Ok, as soon as I can breathe again now...

nice.

...

A couple of notes:

Sarah had thought that he was in the Herder when it blew. Chuck got slapped for that one.

I've never been entirely happy with that scene; I expected a little more... well, at least conflictedness on Sarah's face; it's one of the few times that Yvonne's blown it, by my lights.

Also, we generally call them "SD cards", and according to the KJ Pro online database lookup page, no one's ever tracked the Denis Leary song. Which is a real shame; it's one of my favorites.

So overall... not bad. Better than I thought it was a few chapters in.

I'm pretty sure I still like the original better, but that may be because of the order in which I read them; you'd have to do stats on the opinions of people who read them in each order...
Baylink chapter 17 . 6/16/2009
And again in this chapter: I liked it better when Chuck just figured out Kaylee's destination, instead of using Casey's Blackberry... which should have had dead batteries by then anyway. :-)
Baylink chapter 16 . 6/16/2009
“Okay, so if it were REALLY the bright side, I’d be married to Chuck, and we’d have three kids and live in Studio City –“

Haw!

Love that stuff. Keep it up.

Now, on this "Beckman gives Chuck a speech" thing... I'm not sure I'm all that happy that she gave him that much pitch; I think his gesture was purer when it came mostly from within him, and it doesn't seem like that, put this way.

It's kinda like at the end of Shrek: his gesture loses all its meaning when she turns *back* into a beautiful princess; it would mean a lot more if she'd stayed dumpy...
Baylink chapter 15 . 6/16/2009
This was nice; this was one of the things the story was missing the first time around: Chuck and Kaylee coming to terms over Sarah. It could have stood to be even a few grafs longer, I think, but it will certainly do. :-)
Baylink chapter 14 . 6/16/2009
“Right,” Chuck replied. “But I’m not a woman.”

Kaylee laughed. “Clearly,” she said, moving back toward him. “My turn.”

I think I would have had her say "thank God", myself, but what can you do.

And shouldn't the underwear be *green*?