Reviews for A Tale Of Communication
The Master Warlord chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Oh wow, that Burn my Bread joke is so lame, yet I laughed anyway. Great job.
Fire'CxO'Ice chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
BURN MY BREAD!

LMAO!

*rolls on floor laughing*

Oh my goodness. That one line KILLED ME! :P I actually LOVE this little shot! So funny! Haha, poor silent protagonists, they've got such a burden XD

Love it!

FnI
Ganheim chapter 1 . 11/2/2010
Sometimes being the silent protagonist really sucked,

[I feel the need to complain immediately: the “silent protagonist” is a cheap way that the game avoids portraying his personality, ostensibly to “let the player be the character”. Steambot Chronicles did that exact thing while giving Vanilla an actual voice and made him sound like a believable personality no matter which choice the player made. Either way, it doesn’t mean he was literally mute (and those that are take up things like sign language or notepads to write on). Look at the first 30 seconds of gameplay, Minato is given several options of dialog when first meeting Yukari, and while there aren’t voiced lines the response is clear that he normally asked]

"Ha, see! He was looking at me, that means I'm right!"

Minato's head hit the table with a loud 'thunk'.

[I would too with such an inane argument. Of course, I would’ve told both of them to knock it off]

We need to find him a different way to communicate. That hurt."

[I don’t see how a normal ‘headbutt to the shoulder’ would hurt. It’s pretty much a tap, right? Unless it’s a power-attack ala Sengoku Basara’s Ieyasu Tokugawa]

"Buuurn my breeeaaaad

[This makes no sense whatsoever]

can't you imagine Minato standing in front of a toaster happily singing "Buuuurn my breeeead~" as Fuuka looked on in horror?

[No. I know that Fuuka (not Arisato) made terrible food a few times, but what would singing a pop song have to do with anything culinarily threatening?]

Despite the fact that I disagree with the base premise (and the silly folk who think that silent protagonists were as silent as Lassie), my real objection was the sudden injection of the singing. What happened to strict adherence to “silent protagonist”?
Sylanc chapter 1 . 8/19/2010
This, THIS is just plain funny. I mean really? Doing what Koromaru does just to get some food, albeit Koromaru has to be smart. Imitating a the actions of a dog to get something is just new and thank you for the awsome little mental movie I have in my head of Minato doing so. XD
Patcheresu chapter 1 . 3/18/2010
I like the misunderstanding.
Hareru1995 chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
HAHAHAHAHA LOL AIGIS! xDD *adds to fav*
Syek chapter 1 . 1/19/2010
Cracked me up for sure~
chibi washu1 chapter 1 . 9/16/2009
what's funny is my dog does that when he's hungry!
rion chapter 1 . 8/30/2009
that was brilliant! tahaha it's short but so immensely hilarious to meXD you are friggin' awesome!
Cupcake Heart chapter 1 . 8/10/2009
Burn my bread~

I'd never heard it as that before, but I will from now on XD

Very funny.. I can imagine similar situations with other silent protagonists. They must learn to pantomime pretty well.
Patty Hillard chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
That was great. You had me laughing at the headbutting thing and even more so at the burn my bread line.
blacksakura13 chapter 1 . 3/14/2009
lol

i like this

and your friend stayed in character for that long?

i mean, i cosplayed zexion from KH(if ya know him.I'm not a really good cosplayer though)and attempted to stay in character but...

i ended up being his exact opposite TTATT

i can only do his silent and cool character when im not with friends TTATT
thesavorofpan chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
It really really really funny in my opinion how Fuuka compares him to a dog
WithoutMorals-Revived chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
I wouldn't say this story is bad, horrid or unfunny. Quite the opposite, really. Since even in game people comment it's hard to tell what Minato is thinking because of his poker face, it's easy to imagine people arguing about what he wants. I can also imagine the stunned looks on the team's face if he actually did this. It's a nice image.

I also find the thought of Minato happily singing to himself while Fuuka looks horrified quite amusing.

Just one little thing: Fuuka refers to Koromaru as Koro-chan.
FenixPhoenix chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I am surprised. Though this was odd and short, I actually enjoyed it. I was laughing so much when he got the idea by watching the dog. Good job!