Reviews for It's Not All Bad Out There
LadyAnalyn chapter 1 . 4/30/2013
This should have been an episode!
Leafs of Holly chapter 1 . 9/6/2012
Found it! I've spent the last hour and a half looking for this fic! I read it last year and thought it was great but I read it on my phone, which won't let me favorite or review. Today I remembered that great fic I read and went on a hunt to find it and I did. Clearly. Anyway. Really great premise, characterization is spot on, lengthy enough to be satisfying without dragging on(Not that anything you write drags on.). So glad I found it again!
LilFerret79 chapter 1 . 11/4/2011
This was sweet. I love that Jack wanted to show them all the good side of things.
Teleenflinx chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Lovely, :). Thanks for writing!
Lady Emma Wentworth chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
OH MY HOLY GOD IN HEAVEN!

This is hands-down the BEST story I've ever read (& I've read close to 1000 now). I wasn't sure at first if I was going to finish - it was a slow start, but when Jack started acting mysteriously over an alert, and then squirrelling away the pencils & paperclips, I was quite intrigued. After all, Jack is never boring.

But when they landed on the arrival deck of Dolly's Place, I was hooked! I adore Dolly - I wish someone would do an original artwork for you of him! I'm telling you, this would be the most incredible TW episode ever made! I am just blown away by the concept alone, never mind the wonderful storyline. I love the way you stuck so closely to the character's personalities and quirks - Owen and Ianto are so spot-on!

I do wish you'd been more descriptive of the aliens they were seeing - maybe while the girls were waiting for everyone else to arrive, describe some of the horny aliens trying to 'hire' them, or while they were sitting there, waiting for Owen to embarrass Jack as he did!

But my most favourite part was the viewing deck. Watching TV shows that feature all the 3-D models of the stars & planets is the only way I'll ever get out there, and that breaks my heart, but being able to see then through Jack's eyes, and to experience them through Ianto's, was breath-taking. Thank you.

You should consider writing a sequel to this, either Dolly returns and they are all move confident and excited, or about Dolly himself, who he is, how he came to be the owner of Dolly's Place, and some of the planets he's traded with. Doesn't matter, it would still be great!

So, this has a place of pride in my personal Archives. It is absolutely brilliant, and I know it's one I'll be reading again and again. I think I'll even rec it on LiveJournal! It deserves new eyes and one heck of a lot more reviews!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
JIngram chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
That's so inventive! Paperclips and pencils as money. XD Love it!
Orion Lyonesse chapter 1 . 4/13/2010
That was a very good and fun story, with a lot of innovative touches. The scene setting at the beginning was so somber. I enjoyed the different reactions of the gang to everything. Sad when Jack found that medal and sweet that Ianto had to have it. Nice going!

Keep writing!
sidhart chapter 1 . 12/21/2009
Thank you again for a wonderful story. Youre style of writing is very fluid and visual.
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Am wondering about the policy of "harmless alien Jewlery" being out there and Gwen's top which could raise questions, but overall liked the story and thought it was a good "missing story" fit.
thecolouryes chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
This was really good.

As usual with shows that have good, suspenseful plots to the episodes, there's rarely any in-between time. I really like seeing how they relax. Also, the paperclips and pencils as currency and bribes - well, delicacies - was a brilliant move.

And Ianto being obsessive over the duct tape was funny but oh-so-close-to-canon.

So, basically, good job. I've been reading through your stuff, slowly, and it's all quite good. I haven't really been able to pinpoint stuff to review before now, but look, I finally reviewed this!

In conclusion, good idea, good job pulling it off, love it.

Lucy
DarqueQueen7 chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Two word review: Wonderfully Awesome!

Darque
HuckingHarkness chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
This was amazing-awesome. I loved it & defo wouldn't mind reading more from you & more similar stories. This, to me, was a typical Jack thing to do & the stationary as currency was just genius lol What would Ianto say? tehe

Seriously, I couldn't give this higher praise- I've even had to wait over a week to write this 'coz Fanfic was down- I read it a while ago, but couldn't review. So now I have.

Here's hoping they'll be more awesome stories soon...

; )

Carrie
musingwoman chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
This was great story for a saturday morning. Light hearted and witty. Characterisation is good and the way they behave is very credible.
WickedWitchoftheSE chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
this was so good and so unique. I just loved it! and ironically I was watching Sleeper while I read it. Great job it was a fantastic and interesting read! I had to go back and revisit the bit with Jack's pilgrim badge and Ianto buying it...so cute!
gaia-x-goddess chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Haha, poor Gwen! It was fantastic, I loved it all, Ianto buying the bleach and everything! Thankyouu. xx