Reviews for Chosen
j.sciye.schmidt chapter 1 . 8/31/2020
I read this years ago and loved it Thanks for your great work author! Now that COVID is here I was reminded of it
movieholic chapter 6 . 10/30/2015
My favorite character is Gawain, and I thought your one line of him was hilariously dead on ("Trust him to get landed with a Samartian convict who looked more likely to write serving girls poetry than rip the heads off Saxons.") I can easily see people looking at his face when he smiles, and thinking how sweet a boy he must be, but we all know how fierce our Gawain truly is, lol.
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 32 . 9/2/2014
Well two days worth of reading and I'm done! That was quite the ride. It was very different, well it being an AU that would make sense right?...Reading this has given me a little better idea of how to write a AU KA fic, should I ever try my hand at it...I now have the time to go check out the banners that Symphona-Angel-Luna made :) If I see what I like maybe I can convince her to make something for my stories!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 18 . 9/2/2014
So Isolde was his wife! Well I like the idea that she and Tristian were married, and that she is able to make her way into the story. I wonder what happened to her?
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 15 . 9/1/2014
hmmm Kate seemed to get off a little easy...I was expecting there to be more confrontation...That's nice that Burgess came up with that excuse for her though :)
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 14 . 9/1/2014
Good the Bishop errr General is dead! No one will even miss him...Poor Kate, majorly in trouble for defending herself, but Arthur or Tristian will make it right. They usually do :)
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 13 . 9/1/2014
Wait, what? Isolde, oh this just got even more interesting!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 11 . 9/1/2014
Well that's not good! Love the fact that Guinevere doesn't miss a beat when talking about the weapons was classic. Well whoever hit the convey is in for a rude awakening when Arthur is able to stand on his feet!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 7 . 9/1/2014
Ok if I don't stop reading this story, all the chapters will end up on my favorite quotes page! I can't tell you how many times i've snorted at a particular sentence or actually laughed out loud at. I can't tell who I like more in this story so far, all the knights have got sass!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 6 . 9/1/2014
Lol I love the line "Trust him to get landed with a Samatian convict who looked more likely to write serving girls poetry than rip the heads off Saxons." Brilliant I say! Well we've now met Kate, who if I remember reading some where, she and Tristian will get together...We will see how many chapters I can get through tonight ;)
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 5 . 9/1/2014
Ok I'm starting to get into the story...Glad that everyone seems to still have the same traits about them :) I wonder who this Alice is and how well she will be able to keep up with the knights!
FFAMasquerade2005 chapter 1 . 9/1/2014
I think this is only the second AU story I have ever read of KA...It's a little hard right now to wrap my head around all of it, but it's only chapter one :)
Reincarnated Poet chapter 32 . 2/19/2014
I've just read this all in one go, and I must say that while I only picked it up with the intent of putting it down, it was fantastic. I don't go for AU, not usually, especially something as far removed as this piece, but I think that was what worked for this.

There were a few places where I felt cheated a bit, especially with the characterization changes that were necessary. I'd have liked to have gotten more of a settling between your two brothers, but what you did worked very well. I adored the spin on why Tris is the way he is, and I can't say enough about how you kept Dagonet's sacrifice whole in this AU. Fantastic job.
xbittersweetx chapter 21 . 12/16/2012
Jo, I've just read up to your A/N and I know this fic has been long finished but just to let you know- it's pretty phenomenal. The characters still somehow manage to have their distinct voices, even in a totally different world and the OCs are equally as strong (difficult to do but unsurprising given your King Arthur OC prowress!). I've also noticed that you're a Person of Interest fan (I'll be reading those fics next). Therefore, to conclude, you are now my favourite person in the universe :)
Scribbles-Dementia chapter 32 . 9/23/2012
I just finished reading this and I have to say that "Chosen" has been all kinds of awesome. I love the alternate universe you've created here and despite the fact that it doesn't really follow the events of the movie all that closely, the story is actually a lot better for it. I love your OCs. You can relate to them, empathise with them and the quiet strength that both Kate and Alice have make them anything but Mary-Sues. I have to say that Burgess is probably my favourite OC though. And big points for not killing off any of the knights! Yay! Huzzah!
I don't often leave reviews but this story definitely deserves one. Actually it deserves a whole lot more.
Thank you for writing such an amazing story!

PS: The cover photo of Mal - I mean Nathan Fillion - is made of win. Why do they always cancel the best shows?