Reviews for It's Only Life
Jae B chapter 7 . 1/10/2010
I think the ending you inserted in this chapter is just fine. I actually think I'd probably have liked it better had you included the other ending in. This ending leaves the reader free to imagine what happens with Helga and her parents in the future. Keep up the great work.

As far as the movies go, unfortunately, I haven't viewed either, though I've heard Avatar was a really good movie. My brother-in-law went to see it and he hates sci-fi, but he liked it because it had a great story line. Ah well...

Jae B chapter 6 . 1/10/2010
The lost pig added a humorous touch to an otherwise serious chapter. I see you managed to depict Arnold as still having a positive outlook. Keep it up.

BunniGirl chapter 7 . 1/8/2010
Good story, PO. :) very good. you should've totally done the wedding ending. would've been perfect and absolutely poetic... but even still, good ending anyways.
Doily chapter 7 . 1/3/2010
I'm a fan. I love how unpretentious your writing is. And the pacing, and characterization. I love that I can read the Helga/Arnold relationship without having to cringe, because even the most awkward moments are handled delicately. And, the plot for this... Initially it came across as a bit far-fetched (you know, including the precursor to this fic), but you totally pulled it off in a very non-far-fetched, believable kind of way.

Also, you quoted Flight of the Conchords. Win. ...'Hey. Ho.'

Haha, anyway, keep on keeping on, you're awesome!

Doily
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 7 . 1/1/2010
I didn't see Avatar; I want to see the real Avatar movie, The Last Airbender.

Keep the good writing and Happy New Year.
Shahrezad1 chapter 6 . 12/21/2009
A very sweet chapter, filled with communication I can't help but be happy with. Although Helga really should have taken those truffles home, or at least given them to Arnold's grandma to cook. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the final chapter. And good luck with the snow, by the way! It's wierd to think that the East Coast has received so much of it while us on the West haven't really been receiving any. In any case, be safe!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 6 . 12/20/2009
Very good scenes, as usual.

Keep the good writing.
oOo Endless Rain oOo chapter 5 . 12/17/2009
Oh god, the intense awkwardness, the stilted air, between Bob and Helga was just spot-on. As someone who feels very similarly towards my father (maybe not the same degree of anger or for the same reasons, of course), you really captured the essence of having to sit and stew in that kind of atmosphere where the pressure of having to make conversation with someone you're not comfortable with (and, indeed, feel very bitter towards in many ways) bears down hard on you.

I love that Helga is making progress. And personally, I don't particularly care if Bob or Miriam get anything out of this, but what I'm looking forward to most is seeing Helga letting go of all of the issues they've caused in her that she's bottled up over the years. I really want to see what that does to her and how she'll open up as a result - particularly with Arnold and, to a lesser degree, Olga. I'm also somewhat hoping to see Dr. Phelps (haha, I still haven't gotten used to not calling her Dr. Bliss) again. Because she's just cool like that. x)

Anyway, I just really wanted to tell you that I adore this story, and I'm looking forward eagerly to seeing what comes of it in the future.

Great job!

- Endless
Jae B chapter 5 . 5/16/2009
I think the Helga/Bob conversation worked perfectly. Helga didn't lash out, but she wasn't a forgiving fool either. She needs time to sort out her feelings. Keep up the great work. I'll be looking forward to whatever's posted next.

-Jae-

P.S. Thanks for the DP plug, but it wasn't necessary.
Jae B chapter 4 . 5/12/2009
I'm not used to this short of a chapter written from you, but I enjoyed the cliffhanger. Keep up the great work. Let's hear what Bob has to say.

Sapphyre Snow chapter 5 . 5/2/2009
Aw, and so it begins. How nice that he was sad about her. So often these fanfics turn him into an abusive, alcoholic maniac or something. I like this. I think you did very well with their scene together.
Lunar Kasumi chapter 5 . 4/15/2009
not only do i LOVE all of your works but i LOVE the songs tht you have pcked for this story!

i cant understand though how someonr can write as elegantly as you chapter i read i fee like i just sare in awe at how the words seem to just click and glide..wonnderfull job! wo
oneangredwarf chapter 5 . 4/11/2009
i am so happy that you updated, seriously this whole week there have been like no updates on fanfictions and i was getting pissed. this chapter just made my day...and i need a life apparently lol anyway it was really awesome, you got helga and bob like just right!

please update soon!

-liz
Pyrex Shards chapter 5 . 4/11/2009
I noticed that you said in your notes that you worked hard to get Helga and Bob's conversation just right. I think you did a fine job! I've never felt such sympathy towards Bob's character, even when he shouldn't really deserve it, he comes across as truly repentant and regretful about what he did. Helga's responses worked, and the understanding that they reached at the end made sense. I could feel the heartbreak, and some of the heartwarming attempts that the two are undertaking to repair whatever relationship they have left as father and daughter.

Good job, as always!
acosta perez jose ramiro chapter 5 . 4/11/2009
Very good chapter, and very nice conversation between Bob and Helga; very fitting with their personalities.

Keep the good writing.