Reviews for A Father's Heart
nandamesser chapter 11 . 9/17/2014
Any chance of a new chapter coming up?

Great fic, such a unique plot :)
RainyNightsAreTheBest chapter 11 . 3/26/2012
Wow... Amazing story! Now I only wish you would continue this story!
ObsessiveReader1411 chapter 11 . 4/24/2010
i love this i wish it would be finished
rhymenocerous chapter 11 . 3/17/2010
So, I just finished Chapter 11, and I'm really really hoping that you are going to continue this story. I'm truly fascinated with where this is going, and I can't wait to find out more. Please don't leave us hanging for too long! You have a great sense of the characters you're working with, and you are true to the show (up to a point - you can't be all that creative if you just stick to exactly what happened on the show!) and I have really enjoyed reading this story. Please hurry up and update!
rhymenocerous chapter 3 . 3/17/2010
Eyeball daggers? That was so awesome. I agree completely that sometimes in the middle of an argument or some other unpleasant or horrible situation, our minds drift off to something lighter. Thank you for adding that little tidbit into this story - it really made me laugh out loud.

And by the way, your story is truly excellent so far! I can't wait to keep going.
sjwht chapter 1 . 1/28/2010
Interesting plot line. Please continue updating!
afrozenheart412 chapter 11 . 10/5/2009
Seeing Mac’s concern for Lindsay and Danny is wonderful. But to see his view (your POV) on how they fell in love is freaking amazing! Not to mention his feelings on losing Lindsay from the team and his life, if they hadn’t worked out. That he really likes her as a person not just a co-worker is great. :) Nothing in this world gets me to smile more than when authors slip in references to the show; and the way you did that with Stuck On You and One Wedding And A Funeral…was spectacular. But the one that made me LMAO was the one on Adam and what had happen between him and Stella. God, I am dreading/anticipating that being brought up again.

You captured his bounciness and nervousness well. This case really puzzles me, on the disrespect shown toward her body. I hope to heck that she wasn’t raped, but from the way trace on her body and how some of her nails are broken it is looking more and more likely. “Mac had never noticed if Adam drank coffee, but the man acted like he mainlined the stuff.” LOL. The part with Sid, was thought provoking. I can understand that Tanglewood is after Danny and think that Melinda’s son was his, but why would they abuse her body in such a manner? Burns? Will that mean something to Danny? I see that the rumors of Danny’s past have made it to the morgue. :) Anyway, I can’t wait for more, you still have me hooked!

Favorite lines “But Mac noticed a subtle change in Danny not long after Lindsay came on board” and “Love had happened to Danny Messer.”
laurzz chapter 11 . 10/4/2009
See, with the snippets of the case you've given us, it felt to me that you'd been covering it the whole time, but with this chapter, I'm all, "Actully this case is REALLY interesting." - which doesn't happen that often i've found!

I mean, I absolutely ADORE the relationship/fluff/angst aspect of the story, but the case is pretty awesome too.

I feel bad for Melinda (and Danny) with this case. Whether I should be feeling bad for Danny or not is a different story, but ya'know she was his friend back in the day, so I guess.

Loved how you worked Adam's.. Adam-ness in. Especially with the scene in Epilogue. I think how you're adjusting to the storylines started in Epilogue is really admirable, because you could have kept it as your own and not made it something in line to the show - but with linking their stories in with yours, it makes it a whole new story - which is fab! (If that makes any sense?)

Great job, yet again! Loved it :) x
laurzz chapter 10 . 9/29/2009
Aww, I always get dead giddy when I see my name in A/N - thank you for the special mention! I'm just glad you're back writing this story in particular- if me sharing my thoughts with you keeps you going i'm all for it.

Once again - sorry this review is so late. Apparently there's an unwritten rule somewhere that you have to be sociable when you come to college :P

This chapter was fab!

I gotta say - how Danny greeted Lindsay - "Mornin' beautiful." - my heartstrings were tugging in excitment and squees at that one. Like, it's a totally normal thing, you know, him greeting her in the morning, but just... calling her beautiful. God, it kills me. The day that happens on the show, I think we'll all be happy dancing in a big circle.

How dd I just write 6 lines about two words? How? haha.

It made me giggle that they astounded between the two of them that neither of them woke for Lucy or to feed her - and even after it was confirmed she'd slept through with no bottles being used, they still refused to believe it. Haha. Poor Mommy and Daddy.

Dan the Man needs to make a reappearence - regulary. I died laughing. Tht was amazing! hahaha. Genius - pleas makeit catch on Montana... Think of all those years of torture you endured with Montana - make Dan the Man work! Do it Momma Linds!

I'm sorry, I can't form words regarding Danny and the scene where he was bathing Lucy. I may die... again. hahahahahah

Flack and Danny? LOVED IT! How Flack was all, "Dude, there is no way you went THAT long with no somethin' somethin'" and he was all, "Dude, yeah I did." and he was all "Dude, no you didn't." And he was all "Dude, yeah I did." - okay, well actually I just made them into college students, but you get the picture. I love that Danny had 'waited' for Lindsay so to speak. God love our Danny

Now, as an end to an epic recap of your chapter, I loved it. Great job, and i'm totally looking forward to the next chapter!
afrozenheart412 chapter 10 . 9/28/2009
Thank you very much FoxPhile! This is like dessert for me too, like eating a fine chocolate cake. :D What a amazing way to start this with Danny still a bit sleepy hugging and kissing his wife...I love saying that! His wife. :) Cool, Lucy is starting to sleep through the nights, awesome! Will she be a morning baby like Lindsay or a sleep in one like her dad? But you are to be commended on thinking up the zoo animal mobile, that was very thoughtful and just plain outstanding of Don to think of that. :D I think we are all amazed on how deeply he wanted both his girls in his life. He is now a husband and father, and he will do anything to keep both of them safe. "If you woke up and don’t remember, you also didn’t feed her. That is, unless you’ve suddenly developed capabilities beyond the typical adult human male." LMAO! Yes, that would be a sight to see. "Dan The Man" a perfect comparison to Montana, but that one became loving, like Cowboy. I hope she only does the other one to irritate him. :D "Although Danny was leaning to sticking with the Catholic church, if only because it meant they could send Lucy to a nice, girls only convent school." I KNEW IT! I knew somewhere, someone would bring up an all girls school! I can see Lindsay and Lucy fighting it, but still it would be cool to see their faces when Danny brings it up.

Now I think it is great that Danny has a sharing mentality toward office supplies in the Morgue and Lab, but what is wrong with bathing his daughter in his boxers? The upside is a wet Danny, and who can object to that image? Or Lindsay in her underwear bathing Lucy, that is a plus for daddy. ;) It is that funny, Danny. It is so nice to see Don laugh, even in a fanfiction. That man has a long and hard road in store for him. "The old Flack was still there, and with time, maybe he would learn to live again." I hope so, I would miss his smile if we never got to see it again. I know it is wrong of me to take so much pleasure in Danny telling everyone he was celibate for Lindsay, but...it warms my heart so much. That he was so in love with her and the only person who didn't know it at the time was himself. And I am glad that Don was there to defend Lindsay should she need the help in kicking Danny's butt. He is such a good friend.

I adore the way guys talk "You even told me once I should just jump her and get her outta my system." So romantic, Don! "I…don’t…I…can’t…Messer?” Flack squinted at the man sitting across from him, wondering if maybe this was some duplicate Danny Messer sent to mess with his mind." Extremely funny. And the use of "riddle me this" was marvelous! Another wonderful Batman fan. :D I adore this and can't wait to see how this all plays out.
uscrocks chapter 10 . 9/27/2009
This is great. Flack is a great friend yet too funny about Danny's celebate phase.
laurzz chapter 9 . 9/24/2009
Dart to college, it's delaying me reading, enjoying and reviewing all my stories. But, alas. T'is life. And I've had this to look forward to for days ;)

This was fantastic, FoxPhile! I absolutely LOVED Lindsay's reaction, yet again - how she was absolutely ADAMANT that nothing and no-one would harm her baby girl. And that she felt so strongly about it that she was physically sick that she'd got so worked up. Poor mommy!Linds.

I love Lindsay's determination to try and get something from Mac. I mean, granted it was fruitless, but you gotta give it to her for trying, and trying damn hard.

I must say, I did squee a little, (read, alot) when Danny considered that she was pregnant. And then also, their conversation at the end of the chapter. It was heartwarming and a perfect ending to the chapter.

I've really missed this story - so i'm definitely glad you're back with it. I'm very much enjoying it and always get so excited when I see your updates :D x
afrozenheart412 chapter 9 . 9/21/2009
Everything about your chapters makes me laugh, cry, and cackle. I usually don't cackle but when you brought in Danny's thoughts on Blake...man was that hilarious! I REALLY love how we see Danny's thoughts on Lindsay's 'illness.' I'm glad that he had thought she had been really sick. But her being pregnant sent waves of love and terror through him. Those waves are his for the rest of his life. But I do have to object to this line "He was also happier than he ever believed he deserved to be." He so deserves to be happy, everyone does, but especially him for being dealt such a hard life. First with his parents, then the choices he had to make while growing up.

The fact that he freaked out because she might be pregnant again was funny! I think there next kid, will be more planned this time or at least the "surprise" will happen a bit later. Lucy was meant to make them work their problems out. My favorite part has to be Lindsay on the phone with Mac and Danny worried about dealing with her temper. You had me on the floor laughing at that image. "Danny was starting to feel a headache coming on. He pinched the bridge of his nose and sat down on the edge of the bed. There was no sense in arguing with her." See he is already a great husband in just admitting that.

I hope that if Tanglewood ever does come after the family it is Lindsay they want. I would love to see her fight tooth and nail to protect Lucy, and plus a mother's right to defend her loved ones is a universal get out of jail free card. I knew it, I knew she would want more children. I think it was the pain talking when she was in the hospital. "I know you couldn’t possibly love Lucy anymore than you do, but I also heard about how you terrorized the lab trying to pick out boy’s names." LMAO! I think we can thank Stella for that information, right? :D Excellent chapter, this had everything!
laurzz chapter 8 . 9/7/2009
It's fantastic to see this story again! I absolutely love what you do with it - and actually, I was thinking of it the other day, and thought that I missed it. It's like you read my mind.

What can I say about this? I absolutely loved it. You'd never tell you'd taken a break from it - you've slipped right back in from where I'm standing - and you did a fantastic job at that!

Loved, loved, loved that you've added in parts of the season 5 finale to fit with things.I thought the 'scene' with Danny and Flack in the bar when Lindsay was in Montana was awesome. I loved reading it - how the two bacholers were quickly being snapped up by the whole nine.

I love the continuity of it aswell - like the mention of the shower scene that I'm sure EVERYONE remembers, because - wow!

I also loved Lindsay's reaction to Danny's confession - and actually, her reaction when he walked through the door. I just loved Lindsay's role in the whole chapter. As with Danny.

I hope to see more soon, I absolutely adore this story. Great update!
afrozenheart412 chapter 8 . 9/7/2009
This has been an insightful, funny, and loving chapter. I'm so glad that we get to see Danny thinking about how his life was before and how he wouldn't change it for the world. But you also made me so sad for Don and what he has lost. That flashback to the bar was so funny! "I think I’ve found my Lindsay, Danno.” Flack waved a hand in the air, attracting the attention of the waitress to bring them another round." I can see Don telling Danny, I bet he was so proud to have Lindsay's name mean love of your life. :) And the waitress's thoughts...LMAO! So very true. I always thought that Don would be the first one to be hitched, not Danny. I hope in her fictional mind that she got her thrill for the night. ;)

Don isn't the same, he is in pain. Hopefully when he starts to heal we will see him again. "In point of fact, the kiss wasn’t discriminating. It was pushing pretty much * all * thought out of his mind and down into his pants." You have really captured the essence of Danny in this line when it comes to a loving Lindsay. After seeing so many stories on how his parents love Lindsay it is refreshing to find that there are ones that her in-laws don't care for her. I wonder why though, besides her not being a New Yorker. That you brought back what they did in the shower, was priceless. Other than having Lindsay die laughing at Danny and his 'experiments.' I really hope that Tanglewood doesn't go after Lucy.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »