Reviews for The Knight and the Prince
Crystaline-Crimson chapter 13 . 3/11/2009
I don't know the song. D:

But I tried to sing it anyway.

And ended up singing So this is Christmas.

Awesome writing skills, as per bloody usual.
MK08 chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
Way to go, Joker. He just totally gave Batsy some new ammunition to use against him. And I won't lie, he kind of deserves it after this one. I mean, how many times did he bring up Rachel? What a jerk.

I also had to giggle at Jonny oh-so-calmly listening in from the next cell.

I love the craziness.
Basia Orci chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
That was an interesting little twist there at the end. (I still want more Jonathan, by the way.)
sapzberry chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
Whut? The Joker DYES his hair green? The carpet doesn't match the drapes. . ? Well, I am disappointed. Her I thought it was natural.

It's like learning there isn't a Santa all over again.

Batman might not like the Joker in a dress. . .but methinks I know who does (asides from myself).

You definitly lived up to my expectations, for this chapter (of course). I am still giggling. Bats and Joker bitching back is hours of enjoyment.

Comparing taking off Mr J's make up with molestation is the damned cherry on top.

And, well, Jon's just out of the loop. He should consider sneaking out to join the fun.

That Body Worlds thing sound fucking fantastic. I wish things like that came around up here. We just get dead polar bears and shit.

Surpringly, The Watchmen is in town, here. So I will hopefully take your advice to see it too.
4ofCups chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
I loved the Joker's response of "Nngh"! LOL A perfect response from someone so exhausted from *that* type of a recreational exercise. And holy cow... when the Joker pushes the envelope, he goes all out. I found myself on the verge of gasping when he began to ask the Batman whether he was prettier than Rachel was. Holy cow. That is SO Joker, and a fantastic way to get your teeth broken. Which, of course, would completely turn him on.

I like how you reasserted the Batman as the wild card in Jonny's mind. It underscores just how frightening the man still is, even when compared to the Joker. Like Scarecrow, I wouldn't want to intervene, but just eavesdrop to hear what went on... and to see who won. I forgot to mention in a prior review that it was really well thought out when you pointed out that most people getting their heads slammed into a 2-way mirror in an interrogation room would end up severely injured or dead; yet the Joker seemed to endure it as if it were merely a glancing blow.

Wow, that was a *great* surprise revelation that the Joker fears the Batman seeing him sans make up. A very apt explanation for what he likens it to, also. It's a great element of vulnerability you've added. I definitely want to see where this will go.

As usual, another stellar chapter! :)
Elizabeth Tudor chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
Gong to see Watchmen AGAIN? Lucky. Body Worlds too, hmm, I went a couple of years ago and it creeped me out. It was kind of cool, but terrifying at the same time. You'll have to let me know what you think of it.

He still dyes his hair green? That threw me (and Jonny) for a loop the first time, I imagine Batboy would take it even worse.

The Bat-voice must be hell on vocal cords. Looks like having a British butler might be a very good thing, no one can make tea quite like the Brits.

Ooh, ouch. His Rachel comments were more than a little below the belt. Literally.

I'm so OCD, Batman throws the clothes at him, and all I can think is 'how's he going to get them on when he's chained up?'

Slight error: you have Batman taking the chains off his wrists twice, instead of his ankles the first time. Nothing too major.

Cheers, and still jealous (I need my Rorschach fix!),

~Liz
anon chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
Well done again! i love the turn of events here, Joker actually having a weakness. This fair your going to sounds interesting... human body parts? ew! please update soon you've got me hooked!
4ofCups chapter 12 . 3/10/2009
Wow, that was HOT! The Joker's rationale for wearing boy shorts for undies fit perfectly, as did the smiley faces. Ha! LOL

And you've got Alfred nailed down to a T. His understated expressions, his droll humor, and his remark about Rachel pulling off the look far better were all spot-on.

Wow - what the Joker did was low. Really, really twisted and awful. It was perfect. Talk about hitting a guy below the belt! I could completely understand the Batman being pushed to the edge and wanting to kill the Joker for the defilement of Rachel's memory.

And Jonny! Considering choking on his own vomit to escape listening to clown sex. Excellent choice for a distraction, so that his mind didn't end up as the jigsaw puzzle you wonderfully described.

Again, a great teaser of an ending! Must read what comes next! :)
Melvisik chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
*applause*

Bravo! Bravo! Such a delicious beating (yes, had to say it) and you gave Joker a weakness! And a very plausible one at that, so great!

This is also a good way to show how special Bats is to Joker.

Now I wonder if Jon heard that? Oh man, Scarecrow would be amused, I'm sure.

Guess the Joker will do as he's told now...won't he? Can't wait to see!
4ofCups chapter 11 . 3/10/2009
LOL! Tent in the gown. Classic. :) Your phrasing was perfect for a great comedic impact, as was likening it to an elephant in the room. Ha ha!

The Joker is doing an excellent job of presenting a case for the Batman's having imbued the villainy in the city with a sense of theatricality, and the humor with which he does so is hysterical. "Sexy pointed ears."

You point out very well that the Batman's quick answer as to Crane's questionable sanity could very well be a knee-jerk reaction to his own self-reproach. Great point with that. The Joker's logic that the Batman knowingly deprived Crane of the antidote to the poison is a salient strike for the Joker.

You laid the foundation really well for the Joker's sexual angst. The cliffhanger regarding his wanting to put on a show was great! I can't wait to read what comes next! I wish I'd had the time to read all this last night!
Deus3xMachina chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
Ooh... things are getting really interesting, now...

"Body Works" is going on near you? There's a Body Works exhibit not twenty minutes from where I live. That's a funny coincidence.
GreyLiliy chapter 13 . 3/10/2009
*dead*

I...there's too many things to like. Joker enjoying getting beat up; Batman beating up the Joker and of course Johnny listening from the other side.

There's just too much good going on to really catch it all. XD

So we'll just stick with the Joker-like smile on my face dedicated to that last bit. Oh, Joker. You just gave the Batman a beautiful idea. XD
anon chapter 12 . 3/10/2009
funniest chapter so far! love how alfred was just sitting there frozen in disgust XD
OceanFae chapter 12 . 3/10/2009
You know, if I had Bat!smex images I would want to gouge out my eyes, too.
hedwigs-pet-dalek chapter 12 . 3/10/2009
Agh! The Batman Begins novelization thing would have been helpful three days ago. I bought it at the weekend and only flicked through it when I got home. The only novelization I've ever read was Revenge of the Sith, which was amazing, so I was sorely disappointed when this one was basically the script. Only with less detail. Haven't finished it yet.

But I also bought The Killing Joke, which I loved, so all was well.

A disturbing chapter. But then, the Joker managed to make painting his friend a lovely picture disturbing, so that's hardly surprising. Alfred's reaction was priceless XD
830 | « Prev Page 1 .. 36 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 .. Last Next »