Reviews for At Any Cost
koolio19 chapter 20 . 11/11
I found this story again after reading it forever ago, and it was just as brilliant the second time around. Your characterization is perfectly true to the show and the scenario (while horrible) was very well written. Great job!
SerenLyall chapter 1 . 8/5
My first instinct was to write a long, novella-length review of this work. There's just so much beauty, so much emotion, so much...well, of everything that I search for in a good piece of writing, that I wanted to sing its praises for hours to come. But then I realized...I'm not sure I'm capable of expressing myself adequately.

So I will simply say this: I read the entirety of this piece in less than a day, pausing only to sleep and make myself toaster waffles. This is one of the best pieces of fanfiction I have probably ever read. This was the Voyager fic I have been searching for, yearning to read, since I started watching the show.

I just...well done. Incredibly, incredibly well done.
Ailton chapter 1 . 6/3/2015
Incrível, passei a noite em claro mas não consegui parar de ler, quem precisa dormir, com essa maravilha a ser apreciada?

Muito obrigado!
ArgyleTrekkie chapter 20 . 12/4/2014
I very much enjoyed this one. I love when an author takes the time to really build the story. Loved how it took the reader a while to even get a snip of J/C (I so enjoy the angst of it all) I very much enjoyed the storyline back on the ship. I could have just kept reading if you would have continued the story, it was just that enjoyable. Thank you for sharing and posting.
Momanda87 chapter 20 . 11/5/2014
*slow clap* This is one of the best pieces of writing I've ever seen.
Guest chapter 20 . 9/14/2014
Loved it! Two thumbs up
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 20 . 7/29/2014
Wow. Just . . . just wow.

-Q
Queen of the Red Skittle chapter 4 . 7/28/2014
Gorgeous use of dialogue and mood. Simply an astonishingly great piece of work.

-Q
Iowanmom chapter 20 . 4/3/2014
Wonderful story. It was hard to read some passages, due to content and I was cursing at Chakotay wondering where the Hell he was during this horrific ordeal of Tom and Janeway! Had me teary-eyed and desperate for a rescue... great suspense!
Photogirl1890 chapter 20 . 9/13/2013
I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this, but I was fairly sure that as you wrote it, it would be epic. And it was. It took me a while to get through because I had to keep breaking off to read lighter stuff from other writers in between chapters, but there was never any doubt I'd come back to this as I was desperate to know what was going to happen next.
I braced myself for it to be dark, and actually it wasn't quite as disturbing as I feared, but it was still downright harrowing. Yet the violence was never sensationalized. And as much as KJ and TP went through with the physical torture, the part I found the most gut-wrenching was KJ's revelation at the very end of Ch 16 and, of course, Tom's burden after hearing it.
Then this line: "That some disgusting, primal part of me hates her for letting me see her on the verge of breaking at all, when she's the one we're all supposed to be able to look to to be unbreakable, sickens me." - such a great insight.
The level of detail in the slow build up to the peak of the story (chapters 15 - 17 for me) was incredible. Great choice to use the alternating 1st person POVs and to have some POV from a villain.
I really like how they both had secrets being kept from them in the end - TP with the knowledge of it, and KJ without. It was a good bit of symmetry, if that's the right word.
A seriously epic story.
kncrowder88 chapter 20 . 7/3/2013
Love this great job.
Juddysbuddy chapter 20 . 5/18/2013
I don't know how I missed this story when you first posted it. I read everything about Tom Paris. However, this way I could just read the whole thing through in a few days instead of having to wait for updates.
I loved this story! It is so well written and everyone is very much in character. Even when Kathryn was out of her head and we could just "hear" part of the conversations going on around her, it was easy to tell exactly who was talking. I'm also glad that you didn't just have them rescued and then immediately be completely fine. Thank you for an excellent story!
JamieRobs chapter 1 . 12/24/2012
I came on here to read something new, can't even remember what now, and somehow or other I ended up reading this amazing piece for, at least, the second time. Seems I haven't left a comment here, but perhaps somewhere else. In any case, couldn't leave without saying, that I am in awe, AGAIN,...there are no words!
demonchilde chapter 20 . 6/30/2012
...Holy Christ. This story was AMAZING. Just got done reading it, and it is one of the best I've seen on the site, period.
Ninotchka39 chapter 20 . 1/15/2012
Wow, what a spectacularly written story! One of the best I've read, and I was real reluctant in the beginning. I'm glad I decided to go for it. This wasn't just good fanfiction, this was good story! You stepped into the darkness, but never extinguished the light, and in the end you gave us truimph, even at such a cost. This is one of those stories that will stay with me. Thank you for sharing it with us.