Reviews for Ilhar
alicelouise58 chapter 1 . 3/13/2010
Great story. It would be interesting to have an expanded story of before she became a Matron.
Pen-Name-Kitsune-chan chapter 1 . 6/21/2009
Cool. I've been interested in the PoVs of the other drow in House Do'Urden, and I think you captured Malice - and what she was, wasn't, and could have been - very well. Also what a mother is to us, and to the drow.
Reinamarie Seregon chapter 1 . 3/24/2009
unusual take. But what do u mean by: This story is probably less about Drizzt's loss than Malice's. ? Malice doesn't care abt him at all.
Morbid Guidance chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
-hug-

you made my day!

This fic is amazing!
Darkrin chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Another epic win on your part, Ziggy.

This fic is beautifully written.

"A lump of unshed sorrow rises in Drizzt Do'Urden's throat, and he determines to put away such barren thoughts. He has emerged from a second birth, spat forth onto Toril's immeasurable crust, and left the violent enigma of Malice Do'Urden far, far behind him..."

...I'm totally tempted to add a mental "OR HAS HE?" onto the end of that.

This is really interesting because I'm in the midst of writing a collection of drabbles about Artemis Entreri and his mother, with some of Drizzt and Vierna's times together thrown in for good measure.
LadyKatherine29 chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I really enjoyed this. A short look into Drizzt's thoughts about his mother. And what it is to have a mother. Even if Malice wasn't a very good mother by our standers. Or the standers of any other living being. I liked this pov into Drizzt's thoughts about Malice.
Celeborn's Concubine chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
I must say, I always have immense trouble reviewing your stories – there are always so many things I want to say and I can't ever find the right way to do just that.

I thought this story remarkably poignant for a number of reasons. I suppose the most obvious one is Drizzt's mourning of his mother; of the child-parent bond they were denied and of the experiences her servitude to Lolth never allowed her to have. It got me thinking, though, not just on how Drizzt was denied Malice, but how Malice was denied all her children - after all, with the possible exception of Briza, the eldest, she wasn't even actively involved in their raising.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there is actually a great deal of complexity and depth in even the simple-seeming and frequently grammatically incorrect (but we love them anyway, don't we?) FR novels, and in this gorgeously-written little ficlet you've seized upon one of those issues and brought it to the fore for all to see. And did it brilliantly, I might add.

I was also delighted (as I am whenever I read any of your stories) with the way in which you consistently work clever little reminders that the drow are in fact /elves/, into the story, such as the mention of Malice's singing voice. It brought instantly to my mind the fact that she was reputed as one of Menzoberranzan's greatest healers, a skill seemingly inconsistent with the 'rabidly evil' image so often associated with drowesses. As a character she has depth, and even though this piece, technically speaking, dealt mostly with Drizzt I think you conveyed that fact masterfully.

I can't offer you a well-deserved cookie 'cause I'm on a health kick, but I think you've definitely earned a sweet, juicy handful of blueberries for your tremendous effort -_
Oracle10 chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
You're very descriptive, it reads beautifully and vividly. I always wished someone would write something from Malice's perspective and I think it captures her situation perfectly.