Reviews for Blood Loss
Chris chapter 1 . 10/30/2013
It's 2013 and I just saw that movie. Great writing. I love everything. Marlena and Hud too.
Shamangirl1 chapter 1 . 12/18/2012
This was pretty good!
Jan Lee chapter 1 . 1/22/2011
You know, I just watched Cloverfield (Netflix, gotta love it) and I have to say, I was all, O_O, OMG, did she just...explode? LOL. I think Marlena was my favorite character and I did feel upset when she died. I like the way you portrayed Hud's grief; it was very tasteful and heartwrenching.

I also liked the way you overlapped their past conversation as sort of his memories as he's thinking about her, and his helplessness at being unable to prevent her death. I think you've done a good job of making the story readable; a few I've clicked on prior have been, er, written without an editor, so to speak.

My one fuss: I wouldn't necessarily rank this story a K, since you do talk about blood, vomit, and douchebags as a curse. K is like you can tell a preschooler everything and not evoke parent-wrath. ) Otherwise, nicely done.
A Pretty Visitor chapter 1 . 11/3/2010
It was really really unFAIR that as soon as they realize how they feel, they're torn apart.

But then again, the only reason Marlena got bit in the first place is because she was beating up those parasite things and saving him.

...

...so sad.
Dannie chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
God. This is so genius. Really.

This is like exactly what I thought about Hud/Marlena. The scene where they're both screaming each others names? Genius. You brought it to me SO well. I loved the unoutspoken love between them and I tried to imagine what Hud would be feeling like, right after Marlena died and this is, like, it.

Thank you for this, it's brilliant.
Turned Up to Eleven chapter 1 . 1/30/2010
This was... I can't really find words to describe it. I really love this oneshot 3

You...just...awesome!
CheeZFingerSlim chapter 1 . 10/27/2009
Aw! T T Such a sad story... ; ;

Anyhoo... Good insight from Hud; you really get a feeling for how everyone, especially him, is taking Marlena's death considering we didn't much, if any, mouring in the movie.

Loved the little conversaiton between Hud and Marlena from the movie, it made me laugh a bit for some reaosn x3

Overall, great story and keep up the good work! :D
mattie911 chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
That was good. It captured the raw emotion that was missed in that scene. Great job. You should write more.
xlovexmex chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Poor Hud! I really enjoyed reading this. I think you did a great job in capturing the emotions and physical aspects of what he must've felt.
illogical squeeks chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
Hey- Hud/Marlena love. I also think that they were getting close to the point where if either of them survived, they would have become a couple. The scene immediately preceding this fic was the most heartbreaking in the whole movie, I think (ah, forget Rob and Beth!).

Tiny extract that I really liked: "...screaming for him, not asking for help, just his name". Good piece.
Time's Mistress chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
I love this oneshot; I really felt for Hud when she died.