Reviews for Life Beyond the Shadow
rylek196 chapter 14 . 6/20
"I never meant to drop you". Riiiiighht, whatever ya say, buddy. Gimme a break. Don't give me that BS. You fully intended to just leave this with that rule-breaking non-story chapter, and let the story languish and die. Good thing Cats gave you a much needed kick up the ass.

...Anyways, let's review this. Ironically, despite me writing what's going to eventually be the only completed novelization of SotC on this site (again...) this is the first story in this section I've reviewed. Admittedly, I've forgotten what happened in the rest of this (not my fault, by the way, that's YOURS for taking so damn long to update), so I'll have to take this chapter on its own merits.

How did I think of it, then? Well, I really dug it, to tell the truth. The writing quality is utterly excellent, the two characters are well-realized, and the plot, even if it's taken thirteen chapters to get there, is coming together and is very interesting. However, you seem to fallen victim to several common misconceptions about this game.

For one: Agro is a female. Not male. The reason so many people believe this is all thanks to a stupid mistranslation in the goddamn tutorial, of all places, which is something I REALLY hope gets fixed in the remake.

For two: I haven't forgotten EVERYTHING about this story, and I distinctly remember you describing Mono's hair as black. Once again, this is wrong. Mono is a brunette. Says so in the artbook. Don't believe me, there's some fanart pieces I can link you to (one of which *I* commissioned) where Mono has brown hair, and she also looks very pretty. But overall, it's a good chapter for a good story (the most popular one in this section, if I'm not mistaken). So by all means, keep going, and I'll keep reviewing. But never post an A/N chapter again. I'll have to verbally rip you a new asshole if you do.
catspats31 chapter 15 . 6/19
Just a heads up that the following part of the Content Guidelines is broken so far, despite the good writing quality in the story beforehand:

"The chapter system is not to be used as placeholder for non-story content such as author notes. You can add short author notes to the beginning or at the end of stories but never as individual chapters."

Please add some story content within this chapter or merge it as an author's note within a chapter of your most recently updated story that has story content.
CSIalchemist chapter 14 . 3/29/2016
Are we ever going to hear from the village of Daerh again? Lord Emon? Wander's brother Kyle? I'd like to see one of them enter the Forbidden Land to see what became of Wander and Mono (and Agro *sniff*). That would be an interesting turn of events.
K double prime chapter 15 . 3/15/2016
Hello,

Im also a user here in ff dot net. I was just too lazy to log in.
Anyway, you sir had made stay up past my bed time despite my obvious need of sleep against hard work. Because this story is very entertaining. I hope you continue in your free time.

I wish you all the best in academics.

Regards,
K
EightEyedSpiderGuy chapter 15 . 8/11/2015
This is awesome can't wait for the next chapters keep it up
mattjason93 chapter 15 . 8/8/2015
Hope you get this, I read this entire story in three days being such a SotC fan...shame that art can't be rushed, but amazing that you've written so much in SIX YEARS. Good on ya for writing this! Please don't be discouraged if you are having writer's block. I'm struggling with a Hey Arnold fan fic myself, but I want you to know you're not alone in dealing with life situations that keep you from what you REALLY love doing. Again, great job! Five stars
fanakatsuki chapter 14 . 7/30/2015
I love your story.
Daimee chapter 15 . 7/11/2015
Just know that I'm still here, ready to read the next chapter whenever you finish it. Of course it's been a loooooooooooong time now, but I understand that it happens. In fact, I'm taking a disgustingly long time with one project as well. Life gets in the way or the writing itself takes more time/thought ... or both. I'll probably need to reread the story when the next chapter does arrive, but I've got time for that. In any case, count on me staying with you until the end, whenever that end may arrive.
vietblueart chapter 15 . 7/10/2015
Great to hear that this story is still in the works (even more so now that I've actually managed to buy the game and am able to appreciate it x200 more)! Just take it easy and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us. I understand that real life often gets in the way of writing, and /especially/ when it involves schoolwork. Hope everything's well on your side, and I'm still looking forward to seeing the next update! See you soon~!
GeorgeWashington chapter 14 . 7/9/2015
"Hopefully it doesn't take as long to get the next chaptar done."
And they were never heard from again...
Janriel chapter 14 . 3/30/2015
It's such a shame you haven't finished this, it's such a great story.

The one thing I really like about Shadows of the Colossus if the fact that it is incredibly vague in terms of character personalities and overall storyline. It's basically inviting anyone interested in it to create their own idea of what that world is like, and I'm so sad to see there aren't many stories out there wanting to explore this world.

I've never played the game either, but I watched Game Grumps play through it and was enraptured by the simplicity of the storyline. The ending was both satisfying and dissatisfying for me, hence why I turned to fanfiction, particularly your story. It took place exactly where I wanted it to and answered a lot of questions I had, even if they are mostly headcanons.

This story is so great, I love it. It's a shame it's only gotten 50 reviews so far! It's so well written and I love the characterizations you have for both Mono and Wander. They're pretty vague as people, but the way you have them written is definitely believable for me. Great work!
The1Herton chapter 14 . 12/3/2014
Dude, this is the best Shadow of the Colossus fic on the net, I can scarcely believe you haven't played the game. So glad to see you return to what I had hoped wasn't a dead fic. Looking forward to more, please update soon!
anonymous chapter 14 . 6/18/2014
Greatest story ever!
SingerMe chapter 14 . 2/15/2014
I do not know these characters, have never heard of them. But from the first paragraph until the last (so far) I found myself drawn into this story. It is sad in some places, uplifting in others and completely compelling all the way through.
SingerMe chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
You got me curious about your writing and although I don't know Shadow of the Colossus I didn't need to see that you are a strong writer. The last paragraph of this chapter is striking.