Reviews for Life Beyond the Shadow
Accidental Cougar chapter 14 . 2/15
I do not know these characters, have never heard of them. But from the first paragraph until the last (so far) I found myself drawn into this story. It is sad in some places, uplifting in others and completely compelling all the way through.
Accidental Cougar chapter 1 . 1/30
You got me curious about your writing and although I don't know Shadow of the Colossus I didn't need to see that you are a strong writer. The last paragraph of this chapter is striking.
Thine Dreamer Doth Take Flight chapter 14 . 12/6/2013
(I mentally pronounce Mono like mono, but in my stories I called her Devin because I didn't hear her name in the game, so the point is kind of moot hehe.)

This was a nice surprise that I wouldn't have stumbled upon if not for your kind reminder, for which I thank you humbly. Your writing is so beautiful-color me jealous-and surely my eyes never left the page until the end and I still wanted more. The narrative is wonderful, though I did find Mono's initial reaction to Agro's death a little too brutal. Just a touch, nothing more, and it did not take away from the story. It's a normal reaction to grief, but one not often shown between a mother and son, so perhaps it was just startling for me. I look forward to seeing how Wander deals with his ever-returning memories.

Until the next chapter, I shall wait in the wings.
Wandering Soul chapter 14 . 11/30/2013
I thought that you had stopped writing this all together. I guess I was wrong. I am so glad that you updated this story, it was definately worth the wait. I pronounce Mono a little different. After Wander kills the 8th colossus in the game turn the volume up and before he wakes up he utters her name. It sounds like he pronounces it Moono/Muno. A little strange but I've decided to pronounce that way. Anyhows great chapter. I can't wait til the next chapter. Amazing job :D
daimee chapter 14 . 11/29/2013
Even though I had forgotten some details about the story, it's still worth the wait. The story's just so good and continues being good. I like how Mono handled Agro's death; I think she had to make sure Wander knew what he has done and that it was his fault, but she shouldn't destroy him with that information and crush him. And that's exactly what she did. She really acted like a mother there. It was realistic, how she handled it.
I also think it was good that Agro died. Some powerful emotions came from it, and it would develop - and complicate - Mono and Wander's relation nicely. And last but not least, Agro would have been quite old anyway, so if he just kept living, it probably would seem a bit weird anyway. So, I think you made a good choice.
I saw a few minor typos, I think ("She took one stepped back"?), but again I really enjoyed the chapter.

I pronounce "Mono" with a long 'o' as well. But now that I think about it, I have always associated it with the Greek "μόνος" (I do hope the letters will work here :X ) and every teacher I've had for Greek pronounced that with a short 'o', so wouldn't it actually seem logical for me to pronounce it like that? I never really thought about it, really.
aloof-kokiri chapter 13 . 11/13/2013
No! Agro! Not again!

This is extremely well written. Your well thought out realism and character portrayal is astounding. You are very talented.

Keep up the excellent work!
WorldOfGuertena chapter 13 . 10/4/2013
All them feels D:
Great story btw! Can't wait for ch. 13!
Wandering Soul chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
This is reaally good, i can read it over and over again not getting bored with it, you did a really great job on the story line and characters, I could picture every scene, I hope you make a sequel based on what happens next, i give you two thumbs up :)
DarkDevil88 chapter 8 . 5/26/2013
Hey there,
I recently finished playing Sotc and I must say, I'm really really enjoying this story! I'm only up to chapter 8 at the moment, but after playing the game, I really needed closure, and this is awesome :)
Keep it up!
Super Tifa chapter 13 . 5/17/2013
Amazing. Absolutely amazing!
It's a beautiful story! I could picture every scene with the game's feeling... It was perfect!
Please continue it!
Dell chapter 8 . 2/27/2013
First off, this isn't a review for this chapter, it's a review for the first seven.

When I read things that aren't published and haven't sold a million copies, I have this bad habit of looking for flaws. I suppose it's just the English teacher's son in me coming out, but I like to find out where a written piece can improve, whether that be in grammar or sentence structure.

So when I started reading this story, I was, of course, in the same mindset. I read the prologue and the first chapter, and started to nitpick small little errors that I was finding. However, by the second chapter, I had become so engrossed in what I was reading, I stopped correcting things and started to just read the story like I would a novel. I was enjoying it that much.

I've only gotten to this chapter, as life has a fun way of keeping me from doing things I want to do, but the story has been an absolute blast regardless. You not only writer very well, but specifically what you write is very good; that's something that a lot of people struggle with. They can either put very good ideas down on paper in a way that is nearly unreadable, or they can write like a thesaurus, but it's as boring as a rock. I certainly look forward to continue reading.
Arthur091 chapter 4 . 1/17/2013
Must be a lonely and painful existence
Arthur091 chapter 3 . 1/17/2013
Well at least shes improving, and is that child Wander or something else altogether?
Arthur091 chapter 2 . 1/17/2013
What a fate, isn't it?
Thine Dreamer Doth Take Flight chapter 13 . 12/15/2012
AGRO! T.T

Having lost a dear pet a couple of months ago, I can understand how difficult it would be to write a scene with pets dying. T.T

But anyway, the story is going amazingly! Wander is definitely coming into manhood and having to learn hard lessons along the way, i.e. what death really is when it comes to those close to him. And his visions of the past are quizzical. I wonder where you're taking this, and I'm glad to be along for the ride. D

It would have been interesting if Wander came across one of the places where a colossus fell. Just saying. Would he think it's just stone, or would he recognize the shape from his dreams? Hmm...
48 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »