Reviews for Life Beyond the Shadow
CSIalchemist chapter 14 . 3/29
Are we ever going to hear from the village of Daerh again? Lord Emon? Wander's brother Kyle? I'd like to see one of them enter the Forbidden Land to see what became of Wander and Mono (and Agro *sniff*). That would be an interesting turn of events.
K double prime chapter 15 . 3/15
Hello,

Im also a user here in ff dot net. I was just too lazy to log in.
Anyway, you sir had made stay up past my bed time despite my obvious need of sleep against hard work. Because this story is very entertaining. I hope you continue in your free time.

I wish you all the best in academics.

Regards,
K
EightEyedSpiderGuy chapter 15 . 8/11/2015
This is awesome can't wait for the next chapters keep it up
mattjason93 chapter 15 . 8/8/2015
Hope you get this, I read this entire story in three days being such a SotC fan...shame that art can't be rushed, but amazing that you've written so much in SIX YEARS. Good on ya for writing this! Please don't be discouraged if you are having writer's block. I'm struggling with a Hey Arnold fan fic myself, but I want you to know you're not alone in dealing with life situations that keep you from what you REALLY love doing. Again, great job! Five stars
fanakatsuki chapter 14 . 7/30/2015
I love your story.
Daimee chapter 15 . 7/11/2015
Just know that I'm still here, ready to read the next chapter whenever you finish it. Of course it's been a loooooooooooong time now, but I understand that it happens. In fact, I'm taking a disgustingly long time with one project as well. Life gets in the way or the writing itself takes more time/thought ... or both. I'll probably need to reread the story when the next chapter does arrive, but I've got time for that. In any case, count on me staying with you until the end, whenever that end may arrive.
vietblueart chapter 15 . 7/10/2015
Great to hear that this story is still in the works (even more so now that I've actually managed to buy the game and am able to appreciate it x200 more)! Just take it easy and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us. I understand that real life often gets in the way of writing, and /especially/ when it involves schoolwork. Hope everything's well on your side, and I'm still looking forward to seeing the next update! See you soon~!
GeorgeWashington chapter 14 . 7/9/2015
"Hopefully it doesn't take as long to get the next chaptar done."
And they were never heard from again...
Janriel chapter 14 . 3/30/2015
It's such a shame you haven't finished this, it's such a great story.

The one thing I really like about Shadows of the Colossus if the fact that it is incredibly vague in terms of character personalities and overall storyline. It's basically inviting anyone interested in it to create their own idea of what that world is like, and I'm so sad to see there aren't many stories out there wanting to explore this world.

I've never played the game either, but I watched Game Grumps play through it and was enraptured by the simplicity of the storyline. The ending was both satisfying and dissatisfying for me, hence why I turned to fanfiction, particularly your story. It took place exactly where I wanted it to and answered a lot of questions I had, even if they are mostly headcanons.

This story is so great, I love it. It's a shame it's only gotten 50 reviews so far! It's so well written and I love the characterizations you have for both Mono and Wander. They're pretty vague as people, but the way you have them written is definitely believable for me. Great work!
The1Herton chapter 14 . 12/3/2014
Dude, this is the best Shadow of the Colossus fic on the net, I can scarcely believe you haven't played the game. So glad to see you return to what I had hoped wasn't a dead fic. Looking forward to more, please update soon!
anonymous chapter 14 . 6/18/2014
Greatest story ever!
SingerMe chapter 14 . 2/15/2014
I do not know these characters, have never heard of them. But from the first paragraph until the last (so far) I found myself drawn into this story. It is sad in some places, uplifting in others and completely compelling all the way through.
SingerMe chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
You got me curious about your writing and although I don't know Shadow of the Colossus I didn't need to see that you are a strong writer. The last paragraph of this chapter is striking.
ThineDreamer chapter 14 . 12/6/2013
(I mentally pronounce Mono like mono, but in my stories I called her Devin because I didn't hear her name in the game, so the point is kind of moot hehe.)

This was a nice surprise that I wouldn't have stumbled upon if not for your kind reminder, for which I thank you humbly. Your writing is so beautiful-color me jealous-and surely my eyes never left the page until the end and I still wanted more. The narrative is wonderful, though I did find Mono's initial reaction to Agro's death a little too brutal. Just a touch, nothing more, and it did not take away from the story. It's a normal reaction to grief, but one not often shown between a mother and son, so perhaps it was just startling for me. I look forward to seeing how Wander deals with his ever-returning memories.

Until the next chapter, I shall wait in the wings.
Wandering Soul chapter 14 . 11/30/2013
I thought that you had stopped writing this all together. I guess I was wrong. I am so glad that you updated this story, it was definately worth the wait. I pronounce Mono a little different. After Wander kills the 8th colossus in the game turn the volume up and before he wakes up he utters her name. It sounds like he pronounces it Moono/Muno. A little strange but I've decided to pronounce that way. Anyhows great chapter. I can't wait til the next chapter. Amazing job :D
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »