Reviews for Life Beyond the Shadow
Daimee chapter 15 . 7/11
Just know that I'm still here, ready to read the next chapter whenever you finish it. Of course it's been a loooooooooooong time now, but I understand that it happens. In fact, I'm taking a disgustingly long time with one project as well. Life gets in the way or the writing itself takes more time/thought ... or both. I'll probably need to reread the story when the next chapter does arrive, but I've got time for that. In any case, count on me staying with you until the end, whenever that end may arrive.
vietblueart chapter 15 . 7/10
Great to hear that this story is still in the works (even more so now that I've actually managed to buy the game and am able to appreciate it x200 more)! Just take it easy and I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us. I understand that real life often gets in the way of writing, and /especially/ when it involves schoolwork. Hope everything's well on your side, and I'm still looking forward to seeing the next update! See you soon~!
GeorgeWashington chapter 14 . 7/9
"Hopefully it doesn't take as long to get the next chaptar done."
And they were never heard from again...
Janriel chapter 14 . 3/30
It's such a shame you haven't finished this, it's such a great story.

The one thing I really like about Shadows of the Colossus if the fact that it is incredibly vague in terms of character personalities and overall storyline. It's basically inviting anyone interested in it to create their own idea of what that world is like, and I'm so sad to see there aren't many stories out there wanting to explore this world.

I've never played the game either, but I watched Game Grumps play through it and was enraptured by the simplicity of the storyline. The ending was both satisfying and dissatisfying for me, hence why I turned to fanfiction, particularly your story. It took place exactly where I wanted it to and answered a lot of questions I had, even if they are mostly headcanons.

This story is so great, I love it. It's a shame it's only gotten 50 reviews so far! It's so well written and I love the characterizations you have for both Mono and Wander. They're pretty vague as people, but the way you have them written is definitely believable for me. Great work!
The1Herton chapter 14 . 12/3/2014
Dude, this is the best Shadow of the Colossus fic on the net, I can scarcely believe you haven't played the game. So glad to see you return to what I had hoped wasn't a dead fic. Looking forward to more, please update soon!
anonymous chapter 14 . 6/18/2014
Greatest story ever!
SingerMe chapter 14 . 2/15/2014
I do not know these characters, have never heard of them. But from the first paragraph until the last (so far) I found myself drawn into this story. It is sad in some places, uplifting in others and completely compelling all the way through.
SingerMe chapter 1 . 1/30/2014
You got me curious about your writing and although I don't know Shadow of the Colossus I didn't need to see that you are a strong writer. The last paragraph of this chapter is striking.
Thine Dreamer Doth Take Flight chapter 14 . 12/6/2013
(I mentally pronounce Mono like mono, but in my stories I called her Devin because I didn't hear her name in the game, so the point is kind of moot hehe.)

This was a nice surprise that I wouldn't have stumbled upon if not for your kind reminder, for which I thank you humbly. Your writing is so beautiful-color me jealous-and surely my eyes never left the page until the end and I still wanted more. The narrative is wonderful, though I did find Mono's initial reaction to Agro's death a little too brutal. Just a touch, nothing more, and it did not take away from the story. It's a normal reaction to grief, but one not often shown between a mother and son, so perhaps it was just startling for me. I look forward to seeing how Wander deals with his ever-returning memories.

Until the next chapter, I shall wait in the wings.
Wandering Soul chapter 14 . 11/30/2013
I thought that you had stopped writing this all together. I guess I was wrong. I am so glad that you updated this story, it was definately worth the wait. I pronounce Mono a little different. After Wander kills the 8th colossus in the game turn the volume up and before he wakes up he utters her name. It sounds like he pronounces it Moono/Muno. A little strange but I've decided to pronounce that way. Anyhows great chapter. I can't wait til the next chapter. Amazing job :D
Daimee chapter 14 . 11/29/2013
Even though I had forgotten some details about the story, it's still worth the wait. The story's just so good and continues being good. I like how Mono handled Agro's death; I think she had to make sure Wander knew what he has done and that it was his fault, but she shouldn't destroy him with that information and crush him. And that's exactly what she did. She really acted like a mother there. It was realistic, how she handled it.
I also think it was good that Agro died. Some powerful emotions came from it, and it would develop - and complicate - Mono and Wander's relation nicely. And last but not least, Agro would have been quite old anyway, so if he just kept living, it probably would seem a bit weird anyway. So, I think you made a good choice.
I saw a few minor typos, I think ("She took one stepped back"?), but again I really enjoyed the chapter.

I pronounce "Mono" with a long 'o' as well. But now that I think about it, I have always associated it with the Greek "μόνος" (I do hope the letters will work here :X ) and every teacher I've had for Greek pronounced that with a short 'o', so wouldn't it actually seem logical for me to pronounce it like that? I never really thought about it, really.
aloof-kokiri chapter 13 . 11/13/2013
No! Agro! Not again!

This is extremely well written. Your well thought out realism and character portrayal is astounding. You are very talented.

Keep up the excellent work!
WorldOfGuertena chapter 13 . 10/4/2013
All them feels D:
Great story btw! Can't wait for ch. 13!
Wandering Soul chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
This is reaally good, i can read it over and over again not getting bored with it, you did a really great job on the story line and characters, I could picture every scene, I hope you make a sequel based on what happens next, i give you two thumbs up :)
DarkDevil88 chapter 8 . 5/26/2013
Hey there,
I recently finished playing Sotc and I must say, I'm really really enjoying this story! I'm only up to chapter 8 at the moment, but after playing the game, I really needed closure, and this is awesome :)
Keep it up!