Reviews for The Deepest Cut
Von chapter 1 . 10/15/2014
*mentally replaces part of canon with this fic*
firstcatfish chapter 1 . 12/14/2013
Wow...if they'd actually had this conversation, how much of what happened in the next few episodes could have been prevented? I always like to see them work together and resolving their issues rather than fuming in silent hurt and anger. Good job.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/11/2013
Very good, lovely, yes, much needed discussion between these two guys. You handled it really well. Loved the back and forth between them. The conversation flowed very smoothly and naturally.
Loopylou chapter 1 . 10/10/2013
This is brilliant.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 2/28/2013
Awesome. Just wish the show had given us that when the episode aired as they sure needed talk about things. Totally believable and in character, and you were so inside their heads when you wrote this.
JaniceC678 chapter 1 . 3/24/2012
Yeah, yeah...this one made me cry, too - just a little! Don't know why I was resisting the tag/missing scene stuff ... It's great getting a little closure on some of these really scenes that ended to abruptly.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I applaud your dialogue in this story - it was spot on! I could actually hear the boys saying these things to each other - it could literally have come from an episode, so WELL DONE. It was heartbreaking in the sense that they still weren't completely reconciled (and we know where this ultimately ends up), but you still brought enough openness and forgiveness in there to soothe over the ache. Very good writing;-)
starg8fans chapter 1 . 6/11/2010
OMG, how I wish we could have seen just this scene at the end of the episode! I was really disappointed that the fallout from the brothers' fight wasn't dealt with properly on the show. And I agree with you 100%, I too would have liked for the Winchesters to work through their differences and become a real team again. But Kripke had other plans, even upping the ante at the end of S4, as we all know now.

So thanks for providing this sorely missed scene, and the as usual missing first (or in this case second) aid. The boys patching each other up is one of my favorite themes, which is one of the reasons I'm such a fan of your stories. THe other is the top notch writing, of course.
Little Escapist chapter 1 . 6/5/2010
I just simply love it. This fic works perfectly and you've made such an atmosphere between the brothers that it's almost too real. I can see them in this, and hear them say the words you put in their mouths. This is what the fourth season would have needed. The part where Dean reminds Sam about the being brothers again -thing... there are no words to describe how much I longed for that kind of line when I was watching the season. In this fic, you captured the old characthers underneath, the caring brothers that melt my heart.

It's been long since I saw the episode, but I can still say that it would have needed something like this. Thank you for a great fic.
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 3/24/2010
Well, that's sad they didn't have that kind of conversation in the series XDD

Pretty good job

Kisses and see ya D

Rosetta
amyblair chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
This episode totally threw me and I thought it was so tough to watch, tough to absorb.

Now, so much has happened that I haven't given it a lot of thought recently, but after I read this tag, it just made me hurt all over again. Wow! Just fantastic stuff in this! Love the 'talk', they're better, but still not quite 'good'.

Yep.

Pretty damn good. Thanks.
supernaturalsammy67 chapter 1 . 9/6/2009
OMG!

You wrote this beautifully!

You got Sam and Dean perfect! XD I loved how still Dean helped and worried- that's the way it's sposed to be :)

and you made that spot on

loved it hun, killer episode, killer fic! XD
SammysTeam chapter 1 . 8/7/2009
This? Right here? Is a work of art. YOU should absolutely be a writer for the show. THIS is exactly what I WISH they would say to each other. It's exactly what they would say to each other. So perfectly written and fitting their personalities so well, it's scary. I especially love the two trains metaphor, with both coming down the track heading straight for Sam, and Sam needing Dean to trust him enough to jump off in time. That was beautifully written. You definitely have an awesome imagination, I sure wish the writers for the show would just take this little chapter write here and make it happen, word for word would be good. ;D
IheartSam7 chapter 1 . 8/4/2009
awesomeness.
AJ Wesley chapter 1 . 7/12/2009
Wonderful. I really felt with Sam at the beginning, that ache in the gut at what's been going on between the boys. I love the analogies you used, how you took the lines that were hurled in anger and softened them with the real truths. Excellent writing! And I just love this line:

“Remember when you told me, ‘I wish you’d drop the show and be my brother again?’ Well I’m asking the same of you. Let’s fight this the way we always have … before Ruby, before your powers, before Hell … just you and me – Butch and Sundance with a much better ride.”

They're not so different as they think sometimes. :)

Thanks for this!