Reviews for The Deepest Cut
PlatinumRoseLady chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
This was so beautiful. Very in character and so moving.

We need moments like this.

Thanks so much for bringing us one.
Ash8 chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Excellent. Unfortunately we will probably never get this kind of conversation on the show, so it was wonderful to read it here and it was very realistic. The Boys' voices were spot on.

They indeed have a long road ahead and I fear it's leading to brother against brother, BUT I do believe their incredibly strong bond will win out. I'm looking forward to seeing how it will all unfold.

Thanks so much for sharing that.

SupernaturalGeek chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Very nicely done. I agreed with everything you had the boys say, and you kept them completely in character. There were enough 'Winchesterisms' to make me grin now and then, despite the angst, and I liked how you didn't have it all fixed easily because sadly that's not how it can be right now.

This bit I wanted to quote, simply because it is absolutely 100 per cent true:

Sam stared at the road in front of them. They weren’t quite good yet, but they were better. There were plenty of bumps and detours ahead, still some secrets that were bound to test them but, for the first time in a long time, he believed they’d get through it. Because, ultimately, what was holding them together was stronger than anything trying to pull them apart. They were brothers.

I wholeheartedly believe in that, and in Sam still, despite what Kripke is (and will be) doing to them.

Great job. I really enjoyed it.
Klutzygirl33 chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Great fic. At least the boys made up a little.
carocali chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
This is exactly what I needed. I've read too many awful, hurtful "Sam should be killed" tags from this fandom that my love for this show is waning at an alarming rate.

Yes, they have both changed, and the dialogue between them makes me feel so much better:

"I wanna do this our way. Whatever the outcome. I don’t want angels or demons pulling strings, making us dance …” Dean’s jaw clenched. “And I sure as hell don’t want us on opposite sides.”

Dean’s words stole the air from Sam’s lungs. His voice was barely audible. “I’m not evil.”

Dean reached over, resting his hand briefly on Sam’s shoulder before sliding around the back of his neck and turning his brother’s head to face him. “I know that. And that’s my problem with all this, Sam. The Terminator has a heart. You may have changed, but there’s still enough of the old Sam in there for Ruby to prey on … to manipulate … talk you into doing the wrong thing for all the right reasons.”

Sam eyes flashed angrily, pulling from Dean’s hold. “I’m not a stupid kid or a mindless puppet, Dean. I know what I’m doing. I’m not gonna let it go too far.”

Dean’s eyes narrowed. “And where’s the line? How will you know when you’ve gone too far?”

“I don’t, but it’s a risk I have to take,” Sam said, quietly. “So much of my life, I’ve had no say in how things played out. I didn’t choose demon blood. I didn’t choose to become a hunter. I didn’t choose to have abilities.” He looked up at his brother. “But this is my choice. To use what I have and fight back.”

This is so true. I feel like most of Sam's decisions are because he's backed into a corner - Lillith, the Trickster, etc. No, they haven't all been right, but he takes his lumps and moves on.

His relationship with Dean is the MOST important thing, and the venom of the words through through the siren has all but torn them apart. Your version of what happened next makes me feel a whole lot better.

I haven't favorited a story in a long time, but this is going on the list. Thank you!

apieceofcake chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Enjoyed, thank you!
TraSan chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Oh, I almost skipped this because the fics coming out of this have actually been harder to read than the show was to watch. :(

But I just knew that you'd treat both our boys well, Sculls, and I was NOT disappointed.

This scene was not only realistic, it was fair, sad, hopeful, awesome all in one little one-shot.

Loved it!
Star Mage1 chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
I also can't wait for them to get back at being the close brothers they once were.
Merisha chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Sculls, that was absolutely fantastic! I was so heart sore at the end of this epi, and you've just gone and made my day with a perfect missing scene. You covered every unanswered question and worry that was plaguing me ... so thanks for that bud! I just wish Kripke would do the same LOL :D - I absolutely loved the brotherly moments here and the sharing that I so desperately crave for these boys lately :)

Going straight to fav's!