Reviews for Scars That Make Us Stronger
sRoze chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
This was... such a powerful story. So stirring and captivating from the beginning to the end. In less than 20,0 words, you've crafted a tale that's so real, solid and beautiful. The depth of your story goes so deep. I feel your characters, I feel what they feel. I feel their hurt, and their hopes. I love how everything started with so much despair, gradually paving way for hope, and then the inspiring ending with everything tied in and everyone happy.

This, is the single best short-story I've ever read, I can tell you that. Flawless in the story-telling execution, and compelling in the plot. I dunno why I'm so profoundly affected by this, but tonight I will go to bed with this story playing in my mind, and wish for a happy ending of my own :)

Thank you so much for writing this. I'm slightly breathless right now. Please don't ever stop writing! You have the talent there, not everyone can convey such raw emotions convincingly through words; but you've pulled it off. My limited vocabulary is restricting, but hope you do know that this story has made my day (or rather, night). Thank you again for this piece!
SRAS9 chapter 1 . 10/15/2009
Absolutely great! This is one of the best one-shots i've read! The plot is great and so is your writing! Excelent job! Keep writing!
Nadya Lubov chapter 1 . 10/6/2009
aw that was a cute story :) Loved it :) Great one shot :)
winter051094 chapter 1 . 9/24/2009
AH! that was so cute! plz write a sequel to that story! OMG! AMAZINGNESS! i loved it but in the sequel u should have kenshin finaly ask kaoru to marry him and then possibly have a lemon for their honeymoon! good job!
Brukaoru chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Great one-shot! Very dramatic but a heart-warming end. Enjoyed it. :)
mannd1068 chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Very good story.
Mens Mentis chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Wow. Just wow. I don't think I've cried that much in any of the fanfics that I've read. EVER. That was just... wow. Amazing. I really can't find a word for it. . o.o; Holy epic words, Batman!
Taliko chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
I like your story a lot. Please write more!
shadow of the lost chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
cute! absolutely loved it. ]
summerstar chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
it's a very nice story... and i got misty eyes reading it too :P
Loisen chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
A really good story. You chose my most favourite couple and story idea. The break down of Kaoru. It was interesting to see the diffrent couples interact and then split because of the feeling that they shouldn't belong together.

And then the most important thing: You just wrote this without any editing and changing? Respect. :) I love the way you write and can't wait to read more stories of you. You're a really good writer.
JadeCC chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I like the open ending, and I agree with one of the reviewers. The story was cute in a way but it was also so dramatic and angst filled that it was edging toward the soap-opera box. Nonetheless, this does not necessarily undermine your work or your writing. You kept the usual sweetness that characterizes your pieces (something I really appreciate and love from your fics since most of what one can find now is teenage immature angst, or way too overly tragic and utopian fantasies).

I do feel that you can make your descriptions more concise, though. While details are useful and necessary in some instances, I've noticed that you tend to drag them such that a paragraph of three or five sentences becomes longer than needed.

Other than that, keep up with the good work. It's always a pleasure and a joy to read your fics. :)
Island Heart chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
I'm glad Kaoru didn't marry Sano in the end. Even if she still held some grudges against Kenshin, it would have been a mistake to marry another man, especially a man she didn't love. Sano is a good friend, he took care of her when she was suffering, but that's all he is for her : a friend.

I was angry at Kenshin at first but after reading what happened with Kaoru, I think it was both their fault, they were both afraid of being rejected by the other. So they both lied about their real feelings.

And the rest was a series of tragic events : Kaoru's miscarriage, the death of her parents, Kenshin's departure and his marriage with Tomoe...

It's a wonder she didn't kill herself! After going through so much! I loved Hiko and his preference for Kaoru, haha, poor Kenshin being reprimanded...he was almost disowned...

I was worried it would end like all the dramas, with the characters either killing themselves or living like hermits, alone and hurt, but your end was great!

Kaoru gave another chance to Kenshin and now they finally can start their new life as a couple like they should have years ago! There's no need to stay stubborn and not forgive, especially if the other one is sincerely sorry! Thanks again for this great story! -
poems2songs chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
nice story... really liked it... good job... great work...
miniwoo chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Great fic. lots of emotion,slightly predictable. Good to see your writing again, i'm looking forward to your updates. I never would have guessed that this was an "unpolished" fic.
51 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »