Reviews for Scars That Make Us Stronger
Brukaoru chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Great one-shot! Very dramatic but a heart-warming end. Enjoyed it. :)
mannd1068 chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Very good story.
Mens Mentis chapter 1 . 4/2/2009
Wow. Just wow. I don't think I've cried that much in any of the fanfics that I've read. EVER. That was just... wow. Amazing. I really can't find a word for it. . o.o; Holy epic words, Batman!
Taliko chapter 1 . 3/9/2009
I like your story a lot. Please write more!
shadow of the lost chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
cute! absolutely loved it. ]
summerstar chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
it's a very nice story... and i got misty eyes reading it too :P
Loisen chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
A really good story. You chose my most favourite couple and story idea. The break down of Kaoru. It was interesting to see the diffrent couples interact and then split because of the feeling that they shouldn't belong together.

And then the most important thing: You just wrote this without any editing and changing? Respect. :) I love the way you write and can't wait to read more stories of you. You're a really good writer.
JadeCC chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I like the open ending, and I agree with one of the reviewers. The story was cute in a way but it was also so dramatic and angst filled that it was edging toward the soap-opera box. Nonetheless, this does not necessarily undermine your work or your writing. You kept the usual sweetness that characterizes your pieces (something I really appreciate and love from your fics since most of what one can find now is teenage immature angst, or way too overly tragic and utopian fantasies).

I do feel that you can make your descriptions more concise, though. While details are useful and necessary in some instances, I've noticed that you tend to drag them such that a paragraph of three or five sentences becomes longer than needed.

Other than that, keep up with the good work. It's always a pleasure and a joy to read your fics. :)
Island Heart chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
I'm glad Kaoru didn't marry Sano in the end. Even if she still held some grudges against Kenshin, it would have been a mistake to marry another man, especially a man she didn't love. Sano is a good friend, he took care of her when she was suffering, but that's all he is for her : a friend.

I was angry at Kenshin at first but after reading what happened with Kaoru, I think it was both their fault, they were both afraid of being rejected by the other. So they both lied about their real feelings.

And the rest was a series of tragic events : Kaoru's miscarriage, the death of her parents, Kenshin's departure and his marriage with Tomoe...

It's a wonder she didn't kill herself! After going through so much! I loved Hiko and his preference for Kaoru, haha, poor Kenshin being reprimanded...he was almost disowned...

I was worried it would end like all the dramas, with the characters either killing themselves or living like hermits, alone and hurt, but your end was great!

Kaoru gave another chance to Kenshin and now they finally can start their new life as a couple like they should have years ago! There's no need to stay stubborn and not forgive, especially if the other one is sincerely sorry! Thanks again for this great story! -
poems2songs chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
nice story... really liked it... good job... great work...
miniwoo chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Great fic. lots of emotion,slightly predictable. Good to see your writing again, i'm looking forward to your updates. I never would have guessed that this was an "unpolished" fic.
gabyhyatt chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
i love it , it make me cry
Rishtalak chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
Gah, you actually had me rooting for Sano/Kaoru in this one, even though I'm a diehard KxK fan. I sometimes enjoy seeing things like this that are bittersweet. So in the end, I felt kind of let down, but also relieved. I guess I just set myself up for a particular kind of story, but all the clues were there that this would end with KxK.

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Plaridel chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
WONDERFUL! Love it, didn't skip a single thing. _x I wonder if you will be adding another chapter to this fic. _x
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 2/21/2009
amazing story! heart wrenching to the point that i had to find something funny to read twice before i finished it. thoroughly enjoyed reading it though.
47 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »