Reviews for Promises Honored
Jhuffy chapter 4 . 10/25/2016
Oh my gosh! Sirius! I am heartbroken and terrified for him!
Jhuffy chapter 3 . 10/25/2016
Lily and James are such sweet parents! And Moody scaring Sirius cracked me up! I really liked the way you showed this day from several different perspectives.
Jhuffy chapter 2 . 10/25/2016
Great chapter! I scared for Sirius, but I love how brave and loyal he is. I really like the way you've written his relationship with Moody.
Jhuffy chapter 1 . 10/25/2016
I'm so excited for this! This series has been highly recommended.
nanaeleanor chapter 23 . 6/27/2016
Entire chapters filled with torture and very nasty imagery is a little OTT, methinks. A few well-written paragraphs would have gotten the point across, and as much as you chose to include feels dirty and sadistic. I didn't need to wallow in this much misery for the plot to advance. Or to show how evil LV is or to continue illustrating Sirius' loyalty and endurance. A little goes a long way.
nanaeleanor chapter 14 . 6/26/2016
A bit too much blah blah blah about their maturing and determination, etc. Its always better to show these things rather than tell everything. We readers should have the opportunity to figure these things out through action and dialog and not by the author shoving it in our faces. Also too much is a little boring especially in a story that has a good solid plot and lots of action. Over sentimentalizing doesn't do any good either. These are men and women at war. Also a tiny thing, we are told in canon that when a Secret Keeper dies, everyone who was in on the secret becomes one of the secret keepers. For example when DD died, all the order were now capable of sharing the secret. So after Sirius was captured James and Lily always had the ability to prove he still lived simply by trying to share the secret. If they couldn't, it meant Sirius still lived.
nanaeleanor chapter 9 . 6/26/2016
Despite all you satay,mchoosing to join the DL means helping him with his agenda and surely even after losing Sirius she can't want to aid his cause. If so, what kind of woman is she? How could Sirius have loved someone that shallow? After all she wasn't being forced in any way. I could understand her not willing to rat out her brother or family, but to join up and be useful? Yuk, I can only hope this is a plot device to get her on the inside and she is doing it on purpose without Lucius knowing.
Rhea Silverkeys chapter 25 . 5/15/2016
This was such a good read. I'm looking forward to reading (and in some parts, re-reading) the rest!
Rhea Silverkeys chapter 16 . 5/13/2016
I started reading Promises Unbroken a long long time ago, I think possibly around the time you were still updating it, in any case it was more than ten years ago! At the time I was never able to finish the massive epic you had written, but I'd always wanted to finish it, so here I am, so many years later. I decided to start with the prologue, so here I am on Promises Honoured.

Your writing, as always, is right on the mark, and so enjoyable to read. I especially love getting to see what happened in between Sirius getting captured by Voldemort and the events of Promises Unbroken. I had always wondered how the war effort went on and how the world became such a dark place. I haven't finished this yet, but you're doing such a good job of a compelling storyline, telling us how that dark world came to be. I'm especially looking forward to finding out more about Gellert Grindelwald and the part he has to play in all this. (If it's mentioned in Promises Unbroken, I have forgotten most of the details by now!)

I wonder if you did ever finish updating all the UU stories to be (mostly) canon compliant?
b.aka-chan xD chapter 25 . 4/21/2016
Another author on this site recommended your "promises"-universe and gosh... it is even more than awesome!
Guitarlover56784 chapter 19 . 3/1/2016
If gellard would move against Tom if he killed dumbledore then why didn't he do anything in the sequal when dumbledore died?
Bookworm chapter 6 . 2/18/2016
This is a great story but you do know that Arabella Figure is a Squib right? It's mentioned in Order of the Phoenix
angeline chapter 25 . 1/27/2016
I have never been a follower of any type of fan fiction...but your work is just, amazing. I have put duty and important work aside to just read One more chapter... just one more. You have constructed a premise almost as engaging as the original, if not indeed, more. thank you, for writing
Guest chapter 25 . 1/8/2016
One of the very best fanfics.. Dark yet moving.. Factual.. Surreal.. And a very fresh fanfic.. Looking forward to read the sequels! Can't believe it took me so long to find this one.
Tyrannitor chapter 25 . 1/3/2016
Wow! Just wow! This sent chills down my spine. You have created a fascinating universe, and it deserves to be recognized. Congratulations on a beautiful end (or rather beginning) to one of the all-time great stories on this site!