Reviews for In Memoriam
Duckie Nicks chapter 1 . 9/26/2009
I like this a lot. You don't steer clear of the darker aspects of Ben's personality - nor do you go so far as to excuse those parts of him either. You offer explanation and background without making him this teddy bear with a heart of gold who occasionally feels the need to kill people. And I think it takes a lot of skill to tread that carefully - skill that you clearly have.

Your writing is incredibly potent and rich, filled with lovely description and emotionally charged prose. You mix the dialogue from the show in perfectly, and nothing seems out of place. Your words echo and illuminate what is in the show, and you should be really proud of that.

I particularly like how you end it. An eye for an eye is a well-known phrase, but you really illustrate it perfectly here. Great job.
McGrellen chapter 1 . 3/29/2009
Absolutely wonderful. I loved every word of this. You portray Ben really well, and I liked the use of actual lines from the show, they fitted in seamlessly.
Katla chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Beautiful. You really captured how wrenching the loss of Alex was for Ben. You did such a wonderful job of portraying Ben - which is not an easy task. I thoroughly enjoyed this story. :)
Captain Hilts chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I really liked this! You did a good job getting into Ben's character. I've always liked him on the show, even though he switches sides constantly, but...You did a great job! Keep it up.
Shallicoe chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
This is wonderful. So, SO well-written, I could see the whole scene to every detail. You write very vividly, and it's so sad! I'm glad someone wrote about what must have been going on in Ben's head after Alex died since there was no real time to see him mourn, etc.,... The line that was the most heartbreaking:

"The last time Ben had kissed his daughter on the forehead, she had been dead."

Good job! I loved this.
Nyx chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
That was the best Ben mourning Alex piece I have ever read. I loved the idea of Ben feeling a little guilty over killing Penny, because he doesn't have anything against her, and he understands that she does not deserve to die. I think that you showed the human side of Ben very well. Good job, look forward to more of your writings!

Girafe13 chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Beautiful, sad but sweet. I loved it very much.

So sad that Alex is dead! Poor Ben...