Reviews for Evanescent
Charnette x chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I loved this, it was well wrote and the plot was very unique. I liked the way you repeated the first section at the end, it really emphasized Bakura's addiction yet did so subtly.
Also, you captured (in my eyes) Yami's and Bakura's relationship perfectly x

Keep writing.

Charnette x
Nightmother chapter 1 . 1/19/2011
creepy, and yet the normal humans are none the wiser. I like it strange enough
Holly Blossom chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
I loved this story, epscially the ending, I thought it was a nice touch mirroiring the beginning and all. I also love this line "You manage to steal from my Father's tomb, but when it comes to a simple junction, you can't even manage to cross the road? What kind of an idiot are you?" I loled at that part. The whole thing was nicely written and I think you captured the characters all nicely, great job, your writing is fantastic
CalloftheHaunted chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
This was so lovely and so sad too. I have been interested in this concept for a while but I love the way you have written it, pretty much what I think would happen if they had an accident and died or something. Poor Atem and Bakura
Goki Henjin chapter 1 . 3/31/2010
This is different and fresh, bittersweet and yet a kind of dark comedy XD, apparently poor Atemu learned to live with it, since he was about to laugh or maybe it was a frustrated laugh?

Loved it
konnistique chapter 1 . 9/12/2009
This piece is absolutely amazing. So few fics keep you captivated till the very last word, but this one, really-

I loved the repeat of the first paragraph at the end, and the whole overall feel of poignancy. And the timeline is brilliant too.

Thanks for sharing this!
Shakuhachi Jade chapter 1 . 7/2/2009
Please, PLEASE tell me this is not a one-shot...? There's so much left unanswered, so much that even the two main characters don't know even after nearly four hundred years of existence! I was waiting on an author's note that would tell me how epic this fic was going to be by the time you reached its climactic conclusion, but it never came! Where's the explanations?

Make no mistake, though, I was in no way disappointed. (Just crossing my fingers for seconds...) Your depth into Bakura's character was astounding considering you wrote this mostly from Yami's POV. I could relate him to the real people in life who thrill seek like they're suicidal. And Yami's monologue... I was shaking slightly at the beginning. It was so sad I had to force myself to read it (but you know that just means it's too good to handle. )

You also threw something very Anne Rice-ish into your fic. Rice is one of the few authors (in my opinion) who truly managed to accompany the maddening aspect of immortality along with the perks. In writing this, you were added to my tiny list of people with the ability to write that. Bravo!

Immortality and death are two of my *favorite* subject matters, and you threw them together with my two *favorite* yugioh characters, and then topped that off with a slightly-tragic love story. OMGah, wow... Faved x100. Excellent story. I hope to read more darkshipping from you. D I'm as addicted to that pairing as Bakura is to dying - I read (and write) more and more as the months go by...

~;~Shaku
Toxic Hathor chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Bakura is really heartless ::deeply moved by the fic:: This is very pretty, Pheonix...::saves fic to computer to read again and again later::

The prettiest and most moving part was where Yami was talking to Bakura...I almost cried. I liked how you made him...'not die', though the part about Seto made me so sad...::sniffles::

I liked it a lot, Phoenix...you really should write more and more and more...Great job.

Hathor...
YamiRisa chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
I dont know what to say.. It was sad and a bit sweet..
VivaciousDysphoria chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Man,this is a good story. But, why can't Yami and Bakura die? And, why did Yugi and Ryou die?
hanabananana chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
this was so beautiful!

It was so magnificent! I really really loved it and I rarely read any stories with yaoi in but your's was definately much more captivating than most yaoi fics ]

It was deep and spiritual and I liked that you set it in the future and developed how the world would have changed .

I would definitely read this if you decided to write a longer story with it .

x x
Serena6686 chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
nice
dragonlady222 chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
I feel bad for them. They only have each other. I bet Bakura is trying to find a way to end it permanently. They both have to be tired of life. All their friends are dead and they can never know how they are or see them again. Great story.
journey maker chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
I absolutely loved this story.
Parker Stark chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
...Can I Please have your permission to marry this story? It's beautiful! I LOVE IT!

Thanks! :)