Reviews for Yellow Mums
SiriusFan13 chapter 1 . 12/8/2012
Man, I can't believe I missed this fic when it first came out. "I really like it" doesn't seem powerful enough. First of all, the scene is beautifully painted. I can see and hear and smell everything so clearly that it's amazing. The emotions are powerful. Excellent.

I really like seeing Kenshin from another perspective too. Especially from a outsider. It isn't often that we get to view him as someone who isn't "in the know" would.

Great job!

Sirius:D
Natsu chan chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
I thought this was so lovely. I found the way you used a third person to tell the story interesting, and it certainly worked. I love the decriptions and mood of the fic and the way that they ripple through each part. I really enjoyed reading this and I'm so sorry I didn't see it sooner. I've had a break from fanfiction for awhile now so I'd missed this fic. Haku Baikou was such a talented young woman and I think dedicating such a beautiful, well written one shot to her is fitting. The RK fandom just isn't the same without her.
pikajay chapter 1 . 4/4/2009
Aww ... I love this tribute to Kenshin and Tomoe, and it wasn't even told through their views! I also loved how you presented your imagery as well. It felt so realistic!

I read some of the earlier reviews and almost choked at some of them. They think Tomoe is Haku Baikou ... Man, they're in for a shocker, arn't they? Oh well ...

Anyways, thanks for the great read!
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I was a bit confused on who was the narrator but now I see the boy was Kenshin. At first I actually thought it was Enishi. Wonderful job once again )

Ari chan
RoseCrystal chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
Beautiful piece you've written here, especially the gorgeous details. I also like how you've written through a different point of view and how easily it fitted with the story line itself.
conspirator chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
This was so elegantly done-the way you captured the grief of the young Kenshin, the way you showed him at peace ten years later, the gentle tone of the entire story. It'll take awhile before I get to the acceptance stage he reached at the end. I'll just have to keep rereading this beautiful story until then.
LadyRhiyana chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Gorgeous imagery and wonderful description. I can't quite decide whether this is an AU or a ghost story - but it makes for beautiful reading. (The only thing I could mention is your use of "salt rivers" for tears is just a bit overblown...)

I'd never "met" Haku Baikou, but it seems (she?) had a great influence on the RK fandom.
The Wandering Pen chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
A beautiful and lyrical piece, as always, and a fitting tribute. I love the details of your imagery; I can get such a complete picture of the scene in my head. And I like that Kenshin thanked the attendent for his care of the grave. Thank you for this.
Terry-McElrath chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
Thank you for writing such a lovely tribute to Haku Baikou. She was an incredibly multi-talented woman, whose kindness was given freely. Your imagery is so beautiful, it gave the scenes a very special richness. Your description of Kenshin's grief was depicted so well that my heart ached for him. The juxtaposition of the gaiety of Oban and the attendant's memory of a grief-stricken young man visiting the grave was incredibly well done. I congratulate you for posting such a masterpiece!
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Wow! That was riveting, especially the part about the moonlight breaking through the clouds and showing that glimpse of red.
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
I don't believe it. Ffdotnet finally let me review! After days and days of rejection!

And what a great story to be able to review. Your writing is always a joy, each phrase so delicately rendered. You already know I loved the deer analogy. I also liked the mention of Kenshin sitting in seiza, the properness of the position shows his return to control.

The added detail in the moment when the park flooded with light was a visual masterpiece, the red of Kenshin's hair coming as a nicely shocking contrast.

The 'sweet scent' of the blossoms causing the attendant to discard them was a haunting reminder of Kenshin's grief, still affecting the attendent even later.

Good ending. I like that the attendant decides to do something to show his respect.

Awesome as ever.