Reviews for Sparrow in the Snow
liz.barden chapter 9 . 7/25/2013
Very good story so far. I hope it gets finished sometime.
Starfire Dream chapter 9 . 4/29/2012
Love this story - hope there is more to come soon
ShadowCub chapter 9 . 4/13/2010
She is just too much trouble.
tammi chapter 9 . 2/16/2010
I love this story cant't wait for more.
splath1 chapter 8 . 1/7/2010
Great work! I hope you keep at it :)
TheologyDiscography chapter 8 . 10/21/2009
Nice. I really like Sparrow. She's awesome.
chasse0310 chapter 8 . 5/13/2009
very nice story, I really enjoyed reading it so far. Keep up the good work. I like the backstory and how you are tying everything together.
LightningStorms chapter 6 . 3/16/2009
the story plot line was a little hard to follow at first, now is comming clearer. Keep up the good work
ShadowMoonDancer chapter 5 . 3/10/2009
I love this story! can't wait for more.
loretta537 chapter 5 . 3/10/2009
this is a good story so far, i hope to read more soon.
Spots on a Pony chapter 4 . 3/8/2009
I'm not getting this, why does all of Valdemar want to see a child whore dead? Once a person is chosen, the Heralds don't care what he/she was before that. A Herald's job is to help people like Callie who have gotten into a bad situation through no fault of their own. How is what she's done any worse than what Skif has done?

She has just gotten her whites, and the impression I'm getting is about two weeks rather than seven years. She knows about Kerowyn and Alberich, but they don't know her, why is that? Just because she is a tiny doll like girl doesn't mean that she wouldn't get any sort of weapons training. Talia isn't all that big and she can handle a bow and knives, so why can't Callie?

And doesn't Callie think she's special thinking she's the only one who can do what ever she's doing without any sort of back up. Alberich is right sooner or later, her luck is going to run out, and what use is she dead? And what's this about keeping Heralds out of what ever she's doing? This is what Heralds are supposed to do.

Also I doubt that there are any trainee Heralds who are innocents with stars in their eyes when they get their whites. They lose that in training real quick, they soon learn that in the times they are living in mean that they may not live to an old age. How did Callie even manage to earn her whites when she apparently has never learned what it means to be a Herald? She just sees being a Herald as having a pretty horse to ride, and the collegium as a nice place to hideout while she continues with her chosen occupation of tavern dancer.

As it is, Callie is a Mary Sue. She knows better than everyone else, she can defend herself better than the experenced weapons masters, so no one has any right to tell her what to do. This is not how someone just into their whites would act. A newly chosen older trainee, yes. Having her being a newly chosen with this attitude would work better than having her be just into her whites. This would account for her not knowing much about what Heralds do, wanting to handle things herself and not being well known to her weapons instructors.

Other than that, your writing style is very good. Just work her away from being a smart ass, know it all Mary Sue and it will be better.