Reviews for Two Out of Three
holydemon00 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
It's kinda depressing really, that when you're 20, you're breaking up left and right, believing in true love, thinking that your boyfriend/girlfriend wasn't "the one", and when you're 30, you just don't care, as long as the sex is good and you have something in common with your lover.

Still, I'm one of those people who can't tell the difference between loving and "being in love". So when Kim told Ron that she still loved him, and went to never talk to him again in the next 6 years, I call bullshit.
Anthony1l chapter 1 . 5/22/2012
This story is heart-breaking, interesting, original, touching, and unique.
Desslock3 chapter 1 . 7/18/2010
Wow, that was an emtionally intense fic there. Between the two, Ron and Tara, I feel the most sorry for Ron. Tara is naive and thinks there is love there. But Ron, he knows better and has known it for a while. Like the saying goes "you don't know what love is until you know what a broken heart is".
animeforever1 chapter 1 . 2/17/2010
Hello again. I've finished the first two stories in the "mat series." Anyways, I just read this one. Nice job. I'm actually a Meatloaf fan myself. It honestly made me tear up a little. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
Rye-bread chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
10 or 15 years ago I would’ve agreed with Ron. “You’re SO the idiot.” The experts of the world say love isn’t what you feel-it’s what you do-and if you can make a life and have kids with a woman who’s crazy for you, then don’t pass up that chance.

Now I’m not so sure. Having seen my own marriage of 24 years end, I can say-it’s a heck of an impediment trying to tough it out on sheer grit. And she can sense the lack of love-no matter how you try to go through the motions or deny it to yourself.

Of course money woes and clinical depression (both) and in law butt-in-sky’s don’t help. I didn’t cheat-or abuse-or booze. I just withdrew. And that was enough.

As Kevin Costner says after his marriage ended: “I try to conduct myself with some dignity, but marriage is a hard, hard gig.”

And the modern culture is not family friendly.

The girl who I felt the closest to really being in love with-she went on to have a wonderful life and mother and wife. How would’ve it had been with me? I hate to admit-probably bad.

One more observation. This thing about one last time for goodbye-it’s a crock-doesn’t assuage the hurt one bit.

That review you got on this page-that this story, though well written has no bearing. I know the man-admire him something fierce. As true a KP man as ever was. But he just called this one pure flat wrong.

I’m here to tell you-as Oscar Wilde says-life imitates art-or visa versa. You told it like it was-and is.
Mr. Wizard chapter 1 . 3/20/2009
Very sad. Have long liked that song, and it just lends itself to these kinds of stories. The characters and dialog were strong and the emotions credible. Too bad for all concerned.
Hashasheen chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
You're a dick for hurting Tara, but It was well written.
MrDrP chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
My usual complaint about song fics is that they're all lyrics and no story, pointless exercises devoid of any creativity. That's not the case here. You clearly took time writing this story and created something original. And, as with your "To the Mat" stories, the writing was strong and clear.

That said, this story doesn't work, and that's because you fell into another song fic trap: rather than making the song work for the characters, you tried to make the characters work for the song. The Kim you portrayed here, for example, just didn't seem real to me; I definitely couldn't see this one being an older version of the one we saw in Season 4.

Ultimately, there was nothing that tied this story to the KP universe other than three names. This tale could easily have been about Sue, Bill, and Jane.
screaming phoenix chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
That song is a favorite of mine as well. A very bittersweet tale of a love never meant to be and the consequences that haunt both of them. Nicely done!
FAH3 chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
DAMN! YOU BEAT ME TO IT! AND THIS IS REALLY, REALLY GOD! I mean it, this is good. It's a song fic and it isn't at the same time. I really did like this. Great work. Nice to know there's another MEat Loaf fan out there.
CajunBear73 chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Looks like 4 out of 6, it was, after all.

Poor Ron, hope Kim did find her 3 for 3.

Tara didn't.

Neither did Ron.

Interesting play on that old ditty.

spectre666 chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Wow, talk about slamming KP with few words. That was masterful. She destroyed at least two lives, of course, you never said if KP was happy. Poetic justice would have been if her new hottie dumped her for someone else, but I guess we can't have everything.

Joe Stoppinghem chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
And justice you did to the song.

Much better than what I tried with Another Old Lang Syne for Christmas. I didn't have enough lyrics from the song in mine.

Kudos and good luck with the Fannies.

(Boy that just doesn't sound right.)
Sentinel103 chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
OH yeah Duccu, I knew somebody would do it. I figured that Kim would have been the one that left him earlier. I just wondered who was going to be the one he left. "on the Bat Out of Heck" album you know.

Larry (Sentinel 103)