Reviews for Once There Was
Sonorous Serendipity chapter 1 . 5/15/2012
.. beautiful character portrayal.
Creative Katherine chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
I really loved this. I love how you portrayed Aizawa and Matsuda's perfectly in character aswell. Awesome.
Eole Larona chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
I really love this one. As all death note stories you wrote.

Thanks you.
Sashocirrione chapter 1 . 5/6/2010
I love the introspective feel of this. It's just so realistic, and sweet, and ended perfectly.
Cizz chapter 1 . 4/15/2010
I love it.

I really like they way you write (and you write them), you do it splendidly.

Thanks for sharing, you did a great job.
Shella chapter 1 . 7/9/2009
Ah, I like this. Quietly moving; contemplative and understated. I kind of want to hug Aizawa and Matsuda too _
IdealSituation chapter 1 . 6/24/2009
I really like how you cpature there characters so well. There fear etc, and how Matsuda feels so stupid, and how aizawa misses Ukita, sohe smokes because Ukita did, most people forget about Ukita. Stunning, loved every bit.
phollie chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
You never fail to give stunning work...this was breathtaking. I absolutely adore Aizawa (favorite task force member, I love him so) and I love a well-written Matsuda because he's so underestimated, so there's no better word to describe this than perfect.

The conversation is so realistic, and when you got inside of Matsuda's head, it was amazing.

"He can't do anything right, even when it's inside his own head."

"Guess what, he thinks, Matsuda's messed up again."

Just...wow. I've always felt for Matsuda, because who can't relate to the feeling of never doing anything right?

I could only hope that my writing would ever have this effect on someone like this did for me. Really, it was just beautiful.
Saros chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
Oh Bialy... simply no proper words, just *YAY*s and *WOOT*s (eloquence totally sucks this time). But I lack worthy AiMatsu fiction so much, so the warmest greetings to a new piece \(o)/

Matsuda's IC has no bounds, hehe. “You think you’re the only one of us who’s afraid,” etc - the scene is full of such a lovely intimate tones of sadness, understanding and unity... Though the next day everything will happily fall back into place.

You are splendid just as usual.
aflaskj chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
Aw, how quaint. :]

I loved it-Aizawa thinks Matsuda's okay. HEE. I think he's okay too. XD

Nice job! Love the imagery. (And the poem rocks-"...and miles to go before I sleep.")
thebookhobbit chapter 1 . 2/24/2009
BIALY -tackle-

Two updates? Hmm, my computer hasn't registered the first. -trots off-

Ahem. Well. Now that I've fangirled, onto the review(technically more fangirling, but y'know.)!

What, there are yet no reviews? BAH.

Huu, this is a timeframe we don't see much of from you recently so it makes me especially happy to read something like this.

This story is so sweetly melancholy. I love the Matsu and Aizawa interaction you explored because that's done so very little.

"It’s not L. L’s footsteps aren’t heavy, L doesn’t wear sturdy cop shoes and L pads instead of clumps. It’s Aizawa who drops down next to him, knees up, arm dropped on top of one casually, loosely."

In a fic full of awesome lines, this is one of the awesomeness. Pads instead of clumps is so genius. I forgot how totally awesome your writing is. That's cool, though, because simply enforces how great you are.

As always, the ending is bloody fantastic. I also like the more-sparse feel of this, it suits the theme very well.

Excellent job! Glad you're back!