|Reviews for The Digimon Omnibus: Piedmon's Absolution|
| combativeThinker chapter 11 . 9/4
This is fuckin' dumb. A champion-level digimon will never be able to defeat an experienced mega-level digimon, no matter how weakened, let alone one of the network defenders. Also, Keramon doesn't "waddle," it levitates. Chrysalimon isn't an insect, it's a virus; it's based off of the Y2K glitch.
| Reihime chapter 26 . 6/10
Rika's crest should be the crest of compassion or kindness. Because it matches with Sakuyamon. Not love.
And I love about Koichi being sincese.
| Hydreigon432 chapter 42 . 1/8/2016
What does Kari being lighter account for? I think an ultimate as strong as MegaKabuterimon would have been able to catch any and all of the three teenagers/adolescents regardless of their weight or accelerated impact. Unless you thought that weight/mass affected gravity's downward pull, which, according to Galileo's second law is wrong.(I understand that you probably know this by now, as it was a long time since you last edited/wrote this.) I'm sorry if I got anything wrong, I'm 10 and my IQ (forecasted in the range of 115-140) hasn't fully developed. P.S.: I'm not trying to diss you, I'm a big fan of your work, and I find it amazing you managed to write an entire trioligy.
| Guest chapter 6 . 2/3/2015
Furry filled everybonein his body? Are you an eight year old?
| Guest chapter 18 . 10/17/2014
Awesome story.I'm sure everybody loves your story but their just to lazy to review
| GallantHazard chapter 46 . 6/20/2013
I think I just realized Gomamon's true mega form. You sir are good.
| draco453 chapter 66 . 6/19/2013
This was an amazing story and a great read. Your characterization and development was great and your plot remains awesome from beginning to end. Great Job.
| Lord Darth Yoda chapter 66 . 6/5/2013
Wow a cool ending tons veryngood story. You resolved the plot nicely, but it was feeling kind of rushed by the end. Seems like you wanted to get everybodybdigivolved without putting much emphasis on details. As Eric said, it got to the point where is was getting overly predictable. Here's hoping youve tried to change this in the next book.
- I do like how you tried to make each partnership different, there's a definite difference between how each interacts. Though as I said in the previous review, it got to the point where no one outside of Eric really contributed. You dropped Rika's issues and attitude (not to mention the romance plot) without ever really resolving it. This can be tributes to the time skip where she changed, but it would have been nice to see some type of interaction between her and Tai.
- On that thought, I really hope you've scaled back the cast in the next book, the ignoring of other characters really stands out. I know you addressed this in an AN, I just had something as it was really bugging me.
- Very good redemption of Piedmon, he manages to stay an ass and makes up for what he's done in the end. Apocalymon seems tacked on, I woulda been happy with a huge fight against the Knights to end it. But he felt tacked onto the end of the original as well so you can't be faulted too much.
- I honestly expected you to bring Henry back as the Savior in the end, with an interesting story for what he'd been up to as the plot of book 2. But Id forgotten that he was never purified of the needle and thus has had a century to let it grow unapposed while he's been alone in the digital world. I'm interested to see what he's up to, and what that has to do with the real man behind the evil curtain. I have an idea, but ill have to research the Ryo games to make sure.
- Kinda wish you'd seperated the last chapter into 2, the goodbye seems rushed like you just wanted to get it over with. Takes away from the impact of things.
Overall this was a good, fun story that was well written and obviously well thought out. Can't wait to see where it goes!
| Lord Darth Yoda chapter 57 . 5/27/2013
I've read most of this and I can say this is a really good story. I'm surprised it has such a relatively small number of reviews.
- This is a great integration of all the DigiMythos. I don't know everything involved with the games and mangas but its obvious you did your research.
- The DigiDestined are very well in Canon character. I can hear their dub voices a lot of the time.
- Your plot is well thought out, I can see you've had a lot of stuff planned out for a long time.
- Biggest problem- Too many characters! Your cast is huge, and its sadly obvious at times where you've forgotten about some or you just separated them so you wouldn't have to figure out something for them to do. Hell i think you completely forgot about Henry. After DeviMyotidmon destroyed his partner it seems everybody forgot he ever existed. I saw in the summary of the sequel he's in it so I figure you have an answer for that.
- You get way too repetitive. I've lost how many times they set off to do something, they get attacked and seperated, someone Digovolves and the evil tamer takes off. You went way too long without anything really going on. And the battles all start reading the same.
- Eric is way too Marty Stu. He's always got answer for something and he's too perfect in situations. A lot of what he does could go to other characters. Im at the point where I want him to just go away. It seems way back you said yoj were going to scale back on him and then turned around and had him doing even more.
- I've gotten tired of DeviMyotidmon. He's gotten boring too and I'm just waiting for him to stay dead. Seems you stopped giving him a reason for constantly coming back. I like how you connected the O1 Holland but I'm tired of seeing this guy. I was hopeful when you talked of resurrecting Piedmon, but you still used Devimon. Kill him off already!
Other than that, like I said a really good story overall. I'm interested in seeing where it ends up!
| GallantHazard chapter 66 . 6/22/2012
The story was amazing (overly long) but amazing. It would have put the original creators/animators to shame at how well done it was and above all there were those hilarious moment by Eric that were the best.
| GallantHazard chapter 60 . 6/22/2012
Good story and great chapter. But technically Hagurumon IS a Royal Knight, Craniamon does digivolve from HiAndromon, am just pointing that out.
| Another-World-For-You chapter 66 . 8/3/2011
damn i total forgot about henry im suprised that the digidestines didn't remember but you know what that means sqeuel YESSSSS anyways i love this story,it is fucking awesome peace :)
| Aklaino2k7 chapter 66 . 3/18/2011
Okay, so awhile ago, I started reading your story because it caught my eye (or, at least the sequel did). I was looking for good fanfiction after getting caught up with CrazyEight's series and thought I'd try this one. At first, I didn't like it too much. Actually, I just had mixed feelings because of the combination of spelling and grammar getting in the way of what looked to be an interesting story. I stopped reading for a bit, and then read some more a little bit ago when I found your fic recommended on TVTropes...
Then, I hit a spot around chapter 30 where the quality of everything just shot way up. Heck, it may have a few problems here and there but all the sudden it got completely epic. I guess you probably started proofreading your story a bit more and whatnot. Whatever the reason, it got good. Heck, between all the references to literature, Lost (believe me, I didn't mind. Thought the ending was terrible but the show alright), and whatever else you put in there. Heck, I'm not even a huge literature buff (right now I'm reading Gabriel García Márquez, but just to improve my Spanish. Still, it's interesting).
I just finished reading it. Gotta say the ending was good. My favorite arcs had to be the ones involving fighting Koichi on the internet and then the Spiral Mountain storyline right afterwards. I have to say that Henry's surprise appearance at the end (I figured he was somewhere for all that time) really took the cake.
Gotta say, I like your OC, even though he steals the spotlight a bit much at times. Ironically, I've got a blond, American OC named Eric too, though the resemblances stop there (believe me when I say that I didn't rip you off).
Anyway, thanks for the awesome story and I hope to read more from you.
| Oapekay chapter 54 . 12/16/2009
Wouldn't it be a better idea to have Patamon Digivolving into a Dominimon? Then you don't have to explain the difference between him and Seraphim.
| Oapekay chapter 1 . 12/16/2009
Right; I've never reviewed before, so here we go (seriously, I've been meaning to get around to it, but...).
I've been reading your story since you released the chapter 'Leviticus', and it by far my favourite story on this site, though it is not without fault. Firstly, the profanities - what's the deal with that? They're twelve. Next, the Digivolution to the next level is episodically arranged; enemy appears, they're too powerful, someone manages to Digivolve.
After Omnimon’s first appearance, Agumon takes a seriously backseat-role (which is a shame, because he’s awesome), and it didn’t fully make sense why Parisimon wanted to control Waro over anyone else, though I will admit Garun’s and his battle was one of the best choreographed in the novel.
Could you make it slightly clearer with what happens to a Digimon after they die – Dynasmon said that the Mummymon wouldn’t be able to remember what they had done, and the Royal Knight partners couldn’t recall their past until they re-became Knights, but Datamon could remember TK and Tai. Can I ask why this seems to vary?
On to my next point – I fail to see the point of Dexmon's appearance, because the battle with it was glossed over, and I'm sure you could have found another way to recreate Apocalymon.
One last complaint: please be careful with words such as “its” and “it’s”, “to” and “too”, and, the biggest culprit, “hear” and “here”.
This review isn’t meant to be all criticisms, though. I mean, your story is incredibly creative, and has a strong background and culture, with mostly realistic reactions.
One of my favourite techniques that you have employed would be the subtle reference to Henry with the MP3-player in ‘the Descent of Man’. It was very effective, because I had largely forgotten him until then. Also, you have had some beautifully-orchestrated plot-twists, and I commend you for them.
I am quite curious about your choice of the Dark Masters, because I feel it would have made more sense with the Seven Great Demon Lords, especially with Apocalymon’s arms representing the same Seven Deadly Sins that the SGDL do, but I’m going to let that one slide, primarily because I’m assuming you’re planning on using them later, and your Dark Masters worked well for what they were.
Finally, a request; could you use the Champion stage more often, because it seems to me that what happens generally goes like this: ‘Oh no! A Pagumon. Kill him, Omnimon!’ or something to that effect.
Seriously though, I don’t want to sound like I’m ridiculing you; I just wanted an effective review. To proves this: good luck with Kalypso.
PS I hate this text-type; it's hard to read.