Reviews for Clockwork
Fiqas chapter 1 . 6/7
I am absolutely speechless.

I can't remember when was the last time I got so addicted to such a perfect piece of fanfiction. I can't express how much I've enjoyed reading your work. It is so detailed and and in-canon, I swear I'm considering it a part of a canon now. I was afraid that the Dark Knight's Joker portrayal wouldn't be faithful to the original, especially with a small kid in a mix, but oh god, how I was positively disappointed. It was horrifyingly realistic and it doesn't shy from how a kid and an adult (in the sequel) would behave after going through such ordeals. I've been reading your works in any moment I can for the last few days, I'm halfway through Blackout sequel and I'm dreading finishing the chapters because it is too good to end! Thank you for all your hard work, I'm dusting my old account to subscribe to your updates. You're simply amazing.
Person chapter 15 . 4/30
HE'D BETTER NOT HURT HER! Otherwise, great story so far! :)
Mitchekie chapter 20 . 2/19
This is incredible.

Never in my life have I been so drawn into a work of fan fiction. I went through this entire story in a matter of three days. Couldn't even use the bathroom without bringing the laptop with me so that I could keep reading it. Please forgive me for elaborating, but I must delve into how I even found this story in the first place...

In all my years of being on this site, I had never seriously delved into the Batman section, which, what with me being a huge Batman fan, is quite ironic. However, out of mere curiosity, I gave it a shot and found a story called "Bad Jokes" by author Dr. Harley Quinn and began to eat through it ravenously like a termite to wood. A tale so well told could only be etched by an author will equally good taste in fiction, and so I made to peruse their list of favorites. As it so happened, one of the first that peeked my interest was a piece called "Clockwork".

This is a story that would be absolutely AMAZING to see in cinematic format. I had no trouble whatsoever envisioning everything that happened as it unfolded: how it could be shot, filmed, lit, acted, executed. Everything. This dang story seems so in-tune with the Joker's character that it was scarily fascinating to read. I was drawn to this thing like a moth to the flame and, man, did it deliver. You are an incredible writer, particularly when it comes to dialogue and getting into the mind of an individual. As much as you want to see the Joker completely forsake his hardened, burnt nature and want nothing more than to protect this girl because he genuinely takes on a moral conscience 100%, you know that would never happen to this guy, and I appreciate that you *respected* that and kept him in-character the entire dang time.

Speaking of this, I must speak up on the relationship between Taylor and Mr. J. It's just so... tantalizing - equal parts unsettling and endearing. There's something very warm and charming (albeit uncomfortable) about seeing this vicious predator cradling a helpless child in his arms and actually kind of enjoying it for all the right reasons and for all the wrong reasons. How she behaves towards him is, to me, believable considering all she's known and all she's been through, and it's entrancing to watch this sharp contrast between how the Joker acts around everyone else and how he acts around this little girl. It's sad, really. She genuinely cares for him and loves him even, and, deep down, some form of compassion that's still left, clinging to his soul like a dangling, ripped end of a ragged coat, manages to actually peek out from beneath the Joker's malevolent demeanor. I wanted so bad to see what Taylor needed - that hug. That embrace that she never got. It's so deliciously denied, but in favor of a great plot. Some of my favorite moments were where the guy is really questioning his reasoning and wondering why the heck he's so pulled towards this girl. I love the fact that there's always that appeal, no matter how bad a person may be - the dark attracted to the light, without even knowing why sometimes. And this is the kind of work that I really enjoy reading: where a character is so blatantly thrown into a situation where he is forced to face the exact opposite of what he is, to, to some degree, question his motives, and it's done so brilliantly here. Dang, this story was hard to read, but, blast it all, I couldn't put the thing down.

Trust me, if I was a better illustrator, I would draw out a scene from this piece. Probably the bit where Taylor comments that Mr. J's scars look like caterpillars. Heh. The naivety of this girl. I'd love to think that, by some small chance, he would never have killed her out of compassion.

Pretend that I'm attaching that gif from The Dark Knight of the Joker clapping in the jail cell, 'cause that's all I have left to say about this story. Can't wait to read the sequel. You're a brilliant writer. Just... fantastic.
Roadleader chapter 20 . 6/20/2017
So, as promised:
my final comment is that you did a great job at portraying the Joker as a character - which sure as hell isn't easy, concerning is behaviour and even more his possible mind work. So I have to give you enormous credit for that.
Your building of tension throughout the story was well done and especially Taylor's development was interesting and distressing to watch all the same. Personally, I was hoping that Batman would get her out of this. I'm curious what's gonna happen to her now. But perhaps, that's gonna be answered in the sequel?
After all I can only say: great work! I enjoyed the ride!
Greetings,
Roadleader
Roadleader chapter 9 . 6/20/2017
Hello there,
I just came across your story via the German translation and thought it more appropriate to enjoy it right from the source. As far as I'm right now, you got me absolutely intrigued with your depiction of the Joker, horrifying as it is. And I just have to get a word in right now, because 'Anna' is actually my own name and it's ... special to read through the things the Joker is doing to my "name-alter-ego" - though I wouldn't ever want to be related to her after all the things she's done to Taylor. I'm starting to like your little girl and I'm very curious to proceed further. You're going to hear from me again soon enough!
Greetings,
Roadleader
Guest chapter 9 . 6/7/2017
Ahhhhh I love this story so much! Awesome work :D -9nine9
Guest chapter 19 . 5/23/2017
damn damn damn! Ok first off, this is a great story, its so simple yet complicated. Its a easy to understand plot that stills pulls at your hearts strings and evoke emotion! I love this kind of stories. Man, i just wished Joker, my all time fav. villain, could just . . . learn to love sometimes. Some of my fav. parts in this story is when these two (Joker and Taylor) spend time together and Joker is left wondering why he cares. Like when she gave him a teddy bear or drew a picture, i really love the whole "Do you have a girlfriend?" conversation. Man, i just wished Taylor didn't have it so hard and that she could really have a friend, and sometimes i wish that Joker would be that someone. I know he is crazy, and this isn't the time to dive into my theories, but i think even joker can love and some one like Taylor could pull that out of him. Damn. I love it when he is bad, but sometimes i want to see a soft side you know?
Guest chapter 4 . 4/18/2017
Taylor is too cute! I cried less this chapter so that's good. Child abuse is just the worst... but at least Joker doesn't seem the type.
lala3366 chapter 20 . 3/6/2017
Yes! I just found this and boy am I happy I did! Now I hear a sequel is in order? So is the sequel going to be where is left off or a few years later? What happened to the girl? Foster home? Does she remember Mr. J? Will she be corrupted? When does Mr. J escape again? Can't wait for the next one!
Lizzie Shadows chapter 20 . 3/2/2017
Can't log in right now, but this is amazing! I loved this so much! I eagerly look forward to reading your sequel. :)

Lizzie Shadows
Muteandnowblind2 chapter 20 . 2/19/2017
Idk why but I thought ya were another author for some dang reasonXD
Forgive me for that last question will yaXD
I had a complete brain fart thereXD
I might as well be blind tooXD
Mutebutnotblind chapter 20 . 2/19/2017
Brilliant, as always lol
So what's the sequel's name? Ya have any idea when it'll be out? I'm so excited man! And I know this is bad to do, but ya won't bite my head off if I ask about The Gender Fallacy as well will ya? It was just a really good piece of work and I hate to see it go.
GyreHost chapter 20 . 2/9/2017
! I love this book so much! The premise is equal parts adorable, terrifying, and twisted as fuck. I love it! 3 I'm going to go binge read the sequel (or what you have of it at least). Who needs sleep, amiright?! *stage whispers* I've been up for DAAAAAYYYS! lol
lorisuit chapter 20 . 2/4/2017
I just read this whole story story again (I've read it multiple times because it's just sssssooo goooooddddd) because I wanted jump right into your updated chapters of Blackout. Even though I read them all as you posted them, there's something satisfying about reading in large quantities for me. I think you're a terrific writer and although you say you wrote Clockwork when your were a a little bit inexperienced, this is phenomenal. Coming from someone who is still too terrified to put pen to paper, I think what you do is so incredible and I thank you! Don't take what you have for granted and continue to have courage to write something everyday, even if it is just a ten words. You're an inspiration!
The One Who Reads Too Much chapter 21 . 2/1/2017
Sequel? What with everything, basically, returning to the status quo I had thought this was concluded.
Well, then, at least now I can go check it out then.
1,629 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »