Reviews for Clockwork
The Freaks chapter 1 . 9/19/2019
God I forgot how much I loved this fic
killer123ofs chapter 1 . 5/6/2019
First good fanfic I have found here.
Your writing is really good and immersive. Unlike other works you have the skill and talent for telling not just a story, but a whole world.
Cheers!
Detective Desires chapter 20 . 4/27/2019
Your writing is good. I didn't read the whole story, but what I read was really interesting.
PaulinaDragona chapter 20 . 3/22/2019
I like your fiction !
Dis da Geek chapter 20 . 1/24/2019
whoooooaaaaaaaaa this is absolutely incredible! Taylor's development was impressively well done, and I almost dont have words. I cant wait for more!
Mint Cream chapter 20 . 1/3/2019
Really freaking good! I had no idea what to expect for this story and I had passed over it so many times and I’m really glad I decided to read it. You had me really invested in Taylor and the Joker’s interactions. In the beginning, I was a bit worried that this was going to end badly because I never quite know what to expect with the Joker. I really enjoyed your depiction of his character and it seemed reasonable, a constant struggle with innocence and also facscination and disgust and it was amazing. It is definitely one of the more well, heartwarming as you can get with the Joker. Taylor was absolutely precious! I was so surprised because there are many ways this could have gone and you did a good job (in my opinion) of portraying a child character while at the same time making her really likable. She was constantly doing her best to be such a good kid. And my heart was just. Ahhhhh. That drawing she made of him. Good stuff. One of the most precious scenes. I’ve read enough stories with the Joker and OCs and a lot of times they assassinate his character with a their OC. This. This is completely beautiful. I really enjoyed it. Even when my heart was breaking. You kept me in the edge of my seat until the end. And I wa s just that ending. I did not expect the big bad at the end. Oh man. Thank you so much for writing this!
Natman717 chapter 20 . 9/9/2018
Absolutely marvelous!
Fiqas chapter 1 . 6/7/2018
I am absolutely speechless.

I can't remember when was the last time I got so addicted to such a perfect piece of fanfiction. I can't express how much I've enjoyed reading your work. It is so detailed and and in-canon, I swear I'm considering it a part of a canon now. I was afraid that the Dark Knight's Joker portrayal wouldn't be faithful to the original, especially with a small kid in a mix, but oh god, how I was positively disappointed. It was horrifyingly realistic and it doesn't shy from how a kid and an adult (in the sequel) would behave after going through such ordeals. I've been reading your works in any moment I can for the last few days, I'm halfway through Blackout sequel and I'm dreading finishing the chapters because it is too good to end! Thank you for all your hard work, I'm dusting my old account to subscribe to your updates. You're simply amazing.
Person chapter 15 . 4/30/2018
HE'D BETTER NOT HURT HER! Otherwise, great story so far! :)
Mitchekie chapter 20 . 2/19/2018
This is incredible.

Never in my life have I been so drawn into a work of fan fiction. I went through this entire story in a matter of three days. Couldn't even use the bathroom without bringing the laptop with me so that I could keep reading it. Please forgive me for elaborating, but I must delve into how I even found this story in the first place...

In all my years of being on this site, I had never seriously delved into the Batman section, which, what with me being a huge Batman fan, is quite ironic. However, out of mere curiosity, I gave it a shot and found a story called "Bad Jokes" by author Dr. Harley Quinn and began to eat through it ravenously like a termite to wood. A tale so well told could only be etched by an author will equally good taste in fiction, and so I made to peruse their list of favorites. As it so happened, one of the first that peeked my interest was a piece called "Clockwork".

This is a story that would be absolutely AMAZING to see in cinematic format. I had no trouble whatsoever envisioning everything that happened as it unfolded: how it could be shot, filmed, lit, acted, executed. Everything. This dang story seems so in-tune with the Joker's character that it was scarily fascinating to read. I was drawn to this thing like a moth to the flame and, man, did it deliver. You are an incredible writer, particularly when it comes to dialogue and getting into the mind of an individual. As much as you want to see the Joker completely forsake his hardened, burnt nature and want nothing more than to protect this girl because he genuinely takes on a moral conscience 100%, you know that would never happen to this guy, and I appreciate that you *respected* that and kept him in-character the entire dang time.

Speaking of this, I must speak up on the relationship between Taylor and Mr. J. It's just so... tantalizing - equal parts unsettling and endearing. There's something very warm and charming (albeit uncomfortable) about seeing this vicious predator cradling a helpless child in his arms and actually kind of enjoying it for all the right reasons and for all the wrong reasons. How she behaves towards him is, to me, believable considering all she's known and all she's been through, and it's entrancing to watch this sharp contrast between how the Joker acts around everyone else and how he acts around this little girl. It's sad, really. She genuinely cares for him and loves him even, and, deep down, some form of compassion that's still left, clinging to his soul like a dangling, ripped end of a ragged coat, manages to actually peek out from beneath the Joker's malevolent demeanor. I wanted so bad to see what Taylor needed - that hug. That embrace that she never got. It's so deliciously denied, but in favor of a great plot. Some of my favorite moments were where the guy is really questioning his reasoning and wondering why the heck he's so pulled towards this girl. I love the fact that there's always that appeal, no matter how bad a person may be - the dark attracted to the light, without even knowing why sometimes. And this is the kind of work that I really enjoy reading: where a character is so blatantly thrown into a situation where he is forced to face the exact opposite of what he is, to, to some degree, question his motives, and it's done so brilliantly here. Dang, this story was hard to read, but, blast it all, I couldn't put the thing down.

Trust me, if I was a better illustrator, I would draw out a scene from this piece. Probably the bit where Taylor comments that Mr. J's scars look like caterpillars. Heh. The naivety of this girl. I'd love to think that, by some small chance, he would never have killed her out of compassion.

Pretend that I'm attaching that gif from The Dark Knight of the Joker clapping in the jail cell, 'cause that's all I have left to say about this story. Can't wait to read the sequel. You're a brilliant writer. Just... fantastic.
Roadleader chapter 20 . 6/20/2017
So, as promised:
my final comment is that you did a great job at portraying the Joker as a character - which sure as hell isn't easy, concerning is behaviour and even more his possible mind work. So I have to give you enormous credit for that.
Your building of tension throughout the story was well done and especially Taylor's development was interesting and distressing to watch all the same. Personally, I was hoping that Batman would get her out of this. I'm curious what's gonna happen to her now. But perhaps, that's gonna be answered in the sequel?
After all I can only say: great work! I enjoyed the ride!
Greetings,
Roadleader
Roadleader chapter 9 . 6/20/2017
Hello there,
I just came across your story via the German translation and thought it more appropriate to enjoy it right from the source. As far as I'm right now, you got me absolutely intrigued with your depiction of the Joker, horrifying as it is. And I just have to get a word in right now, because 'Anna' is actually my own name and it's ... special to read through the things the Joker is doing to my "name-alter-ego" - though I wouldn't ever want to be related to her after all the things she's done to Taylor. I'm starting to like your little girl and I'm very curious to proceed further. You're going to hear from me again soon enough!
Greetings,
Roadleader
Guest chapter 9 . 6/7/2017
Ahhhhh I love this story so much! Awesome work :D -9nine9
Guest chapter 19 . 5/23/2017
damn damn damn! Ok first off, this is a great story, its so simple yet complicated. Its a easy to understand plot that stills pulls at your hearts strings and evoke emotion! I love this kind of stories. Man, i just wished Joker, my all time fav. villain, could just . . . learn to love sometimes. Some of my fav. parts in this story is when these two (Joker and Taylor) spend time together and Joker is left wondering why he cares. Like when she gave him a teddy bear or drew a picture, i really love the whole "Do you have a girlfriend?" conversation. Man, i just wished Taylor didn't have it so hard and that she could really have a friend, and sometimes i wish that Joker would be that someone. I know he is crazy, and this isn't the time to dive into my theories, but i think even joker can love and some one like Taylor could pull that out of him. Damn. I love it when he is bad, but sometimes i want to see a soft side you know?
Guest chapter 4 . 4/18/2017
Taylor is too cute! I cried less this chapter so that's good. Child abuse is just the worst... but at least Joker doesn't seem the type.
1,666 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »