Reviews for The Princes of Ithilien are Dead
Malrin chapter 28 . 1/7/2013
I have never been so emotionally attached to any story I've ever read on this site. This is amazing. I read this in one day. If I had an account, I'd favorite this. Alas, that is not possible. Ah well, I'll bookmark this anyways. I could see this in my mind's eye the entire time(I'm not entirely sure if that is a good thing, considering some of the content...). You, mellon nin, are truly gifted.

Savo 'lass a lalaith. (Have joy and laughter)
Novaer. (Farewell)
StarCaptain299 chapter 28 . 8/30/2012
That is the most awesome presentation of a 'happily-ever-after' that I have EVER read. " ..beyond the end of their days" indeed!
StarCaptain299 chapter 26 . 8/30/2012
This damn story has been making me cry so damn much...

Sorry, it IS a wonderful story..I'm just crying at the moment.
Kiiimberly chapter 28 . 6/5/2012
I loved how you focused on Legolas and Faramir's relationship as well as Legolas and Gimli's. I'm so happy Legolas eventually got his hearing back! This FF was very enjoyable even though it didn't focus on romance, which is a category I usually read. Glad I stuck to this!
Kiiimberly chapter 4 . 6/4/2012
Gwarod is definitely insane. The scene with Arwen and the children was adorable!
Kiiimberly chapter 3 . 6/4/2012
The torture scene was disturbing and gruesome. The men holding them captive are so twisted.
Kiiimberly chapter 2 . 6/4/2012
Very nice sibling moment here.
Kiiimberly chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
How tragic. Very exciting though.
Dorian Herestor chapter 14 . 8/23/2011
Legolas getting revenge! Briliant, awesome, Love it, loved everything about...until you made whats-his-face son of a bitch talk back at Legolas and make his conscious heavy. Yep, ruined it. If it were up to me, Legolas would have given whats-his-face a very slow and painfull death, perhaps including an amputation and a slashed throat, but hey, that's just me *sigh* can't always get what you wish for. Anyway... let me read the rest.
Nellas Aldarion chapter 28 . 8/15/2011
That was by far one of the most amazing fanfics I've ever read. What a great job! Once I started, I had to read it all the way through, even though it ended up taking me three days. Despite this, I never felt the plot drag on or any lull in the narration. I also have to compliment you on the way you blended Tolkien's voice with your own. Your characters, both borrowed and original, fit very believably into the canon of Middle-Earth. I loved all your takes on the characters, though particularly Elladan and Elrohir and their back-and-forth, and the hard, bloodthristy Eowyn. In addition, though I don't know how Tolkien himself would've felt about Gildanlim and Henril, I loved their addition to the story. I can't really see this type of relationship among any of the other races, I would easily believe it among the elves. They seem very driven by emotion and the particularly the value of love, despite gender.

In summary, my favorite parts:

When Elladan threatened to break Elrohir's legs :)

When Gimli told the ill Legolas he should sail :(

My only questions:

I remember Gwarod thinking something about "the One." What was that about?

What happened with Thranduil? I might have liked a bit more father/son interaction.

Overall, though, THOROUGHLY AMAZING!
May Arisa chapter 28 . 7/29/2011
This is one of the most creative and wonderful and original stories I've ever seen!

The plot is *very* good, and you made me cry a lot of times.

I've only one question: What happens with Thranduil? Does he stay in Middle Earth or is he too in Valinor? Or is he planning to go to Valinor?
klester1987 chapter 28 . 7/4/2011
I have never read a LOR fanfic that explores the ideas of 'sea longing' and 'fading' as well as this one. Thankyou for writing it.
Silver-Winged-Saiyajin chapter 28 . 6/19/2011
I just came across this story and read the whole thing from start to finish. I have to say I'm not sure I have ever read a piece of fanfiction that has made me cry as much as this one did. It was absolutely wonderful. The friendship between Legolas and Gimli that it only really touched upon in the books (and movies), you gave real depth to. There were so many heart wrenching parts that I was convinced that there wouldn't be a real happily ever after, but to my surprise and delight there was. I think you wrote a wonderful piece and I am so glad to have stumbled upon it.
Ohtar Vicky chapter 28 . 6/18/2011
A fantastic end to a fantastic story! Very well done!
The Pearl Maiden chapter 28 . 6/18/2011