Reviews for In the Days of Auld Lang Syne: Fix You
HopesWar chapter 27 . 4/2/2010
I have just read this story in pretty much one sitting, I can't believe I haven't stumbled across it before. It is one of the most touching and beautiful stories I have read. The emotion is so well written, I felt like I have been part of this whole journey with them.
imbatnan chapter 27 . 4/1/2010
Stealthy Elk and the Holy Hand Grenade...I'm gonna miss these kids.

As much as I don't want it to end (I DON'T!), this chap could have been it and I would not have felt cheated in the slightest. Lovely ending to a heart wrenching journey.
luvfaithdream chapter 27 . 3/31/2010
Amazing work! I don't know where to start, it's kinda hard to review 27 chapters at once.

I love the way you write, I don't think I've ever read anything like it. It's like almost every sentence has more than the simple meaning of this situation. There were a couple of lines that I saved with my other favourite quotes because they were so true. Your writing is really sophisticated though never too difficult to read or understand, that it would lessen the joy of the story! In the beginning it felt a little strange, that you put in many quotes or lyrics, but I found it was always so fitting and never disturbed the flow of reading!

I liked the idea of the storyline. Well 'liked' is probably not the right word, but it's hard to describe. The whole story really got to me, the way those events changed and marked Alice. Sometimes while reading, even I didn't know what was real anymore and it felt a lot like a journey throughout all of those chapters.

Usually when I like a story and review it, I say that it's hard to find a good Alice/Jasper one, because it is (which might be cause I'm kinda picky). I've read a couple good ones though in the past month, however yours was different... I've to admitt I saved it for a bit because the first chapter read so different, from what I'm used to, that I didn't know if I'd like it, but was I wrong...this is by far one of the most extraordinary stories I've read and I'm so glad I DID read it!

Oh and it actually got me into . I've been wanting to learn it for a while, but as things are, just never found the time. But after reading I just really felt like learning it and found out it's one of the most relaxing things in the world, so thanks for that!

I also have to admire you referencing. The only people I know who do it this thoroughly and accurate are students of literature or language;-)

So yeah, fantastic work, so refreshing to read! Thanks, really!(I would send you my first scarf, as a gesture of appritiation, but I doubt it will turn out very good;)).
MaleficentKnits chapter 27 . 3/28/2010
such a sad, heartfelt goodbye... *le sigh...*

sora kinomoto chapter 27 . 3/28/2010
What a beautiful chapter! It was very touching, and can't bbelieve is near the end, I really loved it! Thanks for another chapter!
radmeister chapter 27 . 3/28/2010
What a beautiful chapter. I could feel the sunshine and the wind. Thank you.
adoraklutz chapter 27 . 3/27/2010
Do I need to tell you how much I love it? Because it's a lot. So beautiful.

"Cocky little son of a b*tch that loves you," he corrected, and I couldn't help grinning, even with the heaviness of my mother's ashes weighing down my arms and my heart.

not feeling the near-constant vibration of the car's old transmission

(Sure it wasn't a near-constant cover of clouds and rain? *wink*)

"It seemed right," he said, "especially as I did not pass any cities called Dik-Dik."

He peeled off my socks...

(Like TOV! Feisty/BlueBathrobe mashup head explosion. The good kind!)

"You all right there?" Jasper stood at the door of our room wearing only a pair of jeans.

(Hello...that's a lovely image.)

I'm so happy for these two. But so sad that it's almost over!
CharliDenae chapter 27 . 3/26/2010
Very beautiful! Thank you so much for continuing this story! It is so awesome on so many levels. My chest feels heavy, but I found myself smiling... can't ask for more from a great author!
Pyejammies chapter 27 . 3/25/2010
I'm so pleased that Alice is finding peace now that her mother is gone. It sounds like Alice is comfortable in herself and no longer feels that she is going mad. Elk sounds like a good place to scatter someone's ashes. I'm looking forward to seeing how you end this. Alice and Jasper deserve a HEA.
shalu chapter 27 . 3/25/2010
dangit, feisty, i was almost crying right here at my desk! so sad, but happy sad! gah...beautiful:)
philadelphic chapter 27 . 3/25/2010
OH MY GOD YOU HARLOT. I bawled all the way through this. Are you happy now?
elizabethmn chapter 27 . 3/25/2010
Gorgeous. I'm glad for Alice, and for her mother.
Maria Patenaude chapter 27 . 3/25/2010
Beautiful chapter. I've loved every part of this story. :)
idkmuch chapter 27 . 3/25/2010
I think this was a beautiful ending/beginning for Mary Louise. Thank you so much for sharing this amazing story.
rameau chapter 27 . 3/25/2010
When she's ready to let go the old and embrace something new, she'll notice something that'll remind her that her past, and her mother, is always with her.

And I liked the fact that the world has to adjust when she leans on him. Oh, no. Her brain couldn't interpret the change and recalculate the angles. It isn't the world that holds her still, it's him.
651 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »