Reviews for Recalling Memories of the Past
RionaEire chapter 6 . 9/4/2014
Not only can I no longer suspend my disbelief but this is just getting too confusing. So this is where I finish up reading. I was really giving it a chance but its too confusing at this point, good luck with it though, I bet others are able to follow it and are enjoying it.
Riona
RionaEire chapter 5 . 5/14/2014
Not only does Cassie somehow know everyone on the crew from various experiences, not just because she's Mal's sister, but she seems to have done everything, from companion school to something about the Academy and she's a reader (but she isn't touched), so she's a spy/companion/reader/had involvement in the war/is Mal's sister, that's a bit too much for a reader of this story to go for if I'm honest, that is very approaching Mary Sue territory, everyone likes her and she can do everyone's job. She needs some flaws and some things she's not good at in life, oh, and you mention that she does mechanic work as well, its just too much. I would also suggest cutting back on the Mandarin, it gets better as you go but the first chapter or two is too much of it, perhaps you realized this already and that is why you cut back for the next chapters. I don't mind reworkings of the series though, as long as the Firefly canon charactors are written well. We'll see how you do there and that will determine whether I continue reading. Will River know Cassie? Will she like Cassie? It sounds like Simon already knows her (big surprise, sarcasm). Honestly I'll read most things as long as River is written correctly, which you'll probably do at least during the parts that take place during the series. Some people mistakenly and inaccurately think River is cured after the movie. Even a stable River after the movie is lame and boring because "A completely coherent River means writers don't deliver", Kat Taya and the revelation of a secret you didn't know you knew isn't going to fix a brain that has been cut into and altered. It would cut down a little bit on the nightmare load and I'm glad River now has a better understanding of her abilities after the movie, but that's all that would happen, more empowerment and less scary dreams, a little less that is, she's going to still have some with the trauma she has indured etc. . But I don't have to worry about that yet because you're still at the beginning of the series and most people write her right during the series.
Riona
Psycho17 chapter 4 . 5/29/2011
This is a good story, and i like that Jayne has a little more history. Update soon :)
Nelle07 chapter 4 . 7/21/2009
O If secrets don't make friends..What does it do to lovers & relatives?
lot56 chapter 4 . 7/21/2009
Story has peaked my interest, update soon!
Nelle07 chapter 3 . 6/2/2009
Bahahah I love it! Mal could have some real fun with everything!
Watson-A-Name92 chapter 3 . 3/21/2009
I like it so far, but just a little heads up, Mal's eyes are blue, not brown. Otherwise, awesome. Keep it up.