Reviews for Soft Skeletons
TheWritingFreak chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Hi- me again!
This was great. Riley/Abigail are so much better together yet not together (if that makes sense) than Ben/Abigail.
Kittyspryde chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This was AMAZING. Please write more abigail/riley!
the woman is a wolf chapter 1 . 11/14/2010
Oh my goodness! I'm enthralled! Your description is really good, and you write in such a way that you really convey the feelings of the characters. Continued? I know *I* would love that!
Sarela Jade chapter 1 . 10/18/2010
This was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. You brought the characters to life, and through first person to boot! And that is a rare gift indeed.

You have a huge talent, and tons of potential, too, so it is my plea as a now devoted fan of yours to ask you to continue this. :) I would very much love to see this fleshed out into a multi-chapter story! :D

SJ
Maria Mikhailovna chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
Oh God! I really loved this one-shot and it's quite... well I don't know how... like so deep and interesting, but please DO continue, I'm dying to see how this ends!
Rachel Mantegna chapter 2 . 8/6/2009
I'm enjoying your story. It's very good, and a really original idea aswell.

Please continue!

xJewson
sweetsimplegirl chapter 2 . 4/23/2009
Oh wow... I can't wait to see what'll happen next!
addictcas chapter 2 . 3/25/2009
Huh, this is pretty similar to mine.
Kyoshi7989 chapter 2 . 3/18/2009
Wow, I love this! :) Very emotional and dramatic. It's too bad Riley/Abigail is such an under-appreciated pairing...Hope you find the time to update soon. ;3
thunderings chapter 2 . 3/12/2009
First off, I love how you changed POV's. It keeps the story fresh. Secondly, I was chewing a big wad of gum while reading this. When Abigail suddenly said she was pregnant, I actually began to choke on it. The plot twist was so unexpected! I love it!

I couldn't help but go 'aw' when Abigail told Riley she was pregnant. The emotion and detail you gave about how he reacted was very heartbreaking; even more so with the whole abortion thing. Now Abigail has to pretend the child is Ben's? I can only imagine how Riley will feel seeing his best friend being the father to his son.

Oh dear, I feel the tears coming. I don't do this but; PLEASE UPDATE SOON OR I'LL GO CRAZY!
BandGeek58407 chapter 2 . 3/10/2009
Excuse me for a second. *clears throat* OH SNAP!

Now that I've got that out of my system...OH MY GOODNESS. (So it wasn't out of my system. Ahem. For real this time.) very interesting plot development you've got there. Curiosity is spiking! But just one suggestion should it ever be an issue later: I would leave the political stuff out so you don't risk alienating anybody. Other than that, loved it! Yay RileyAbigail! _
Some thoughts chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
Hmm. I found this interesting on a number of levels. First, let me say that it is quite well written, you painted the picture with good description and imagery.

Riley seriously annoyed me in this story though. I'll explain why.

I'm not sure if you intended to do this or not, but it was obvious, at least to me, that you were establishing the fact that Abigail really, realy loves Ben. Which makes her loneliness/vulnerability/desperation understandable.

It's Riley I was left feeling very diappointed with. First, he seems to have a really low opinion of Ben but still refers to him as his best friend. Second, there is something that is just extremely bothersome about how much Riley encourages/supports the deterioration of Abigail's marriage. She's hurting and obviously not thinking clearly to do something that desperate, but someone who truly had her best interest at heart (rather than his own) would not encourage his best friend's wife to spend nights at his home, cook her dinner, essentially try to stand in for a role that doesn't belong to him-unless motivated by selfish reasons. She's trying to run away from the pain, but unfortunately it isn't going anywhere if she doesn't deal with it in a productive way. So maybe if he wants to "make things right" he should try harder to get through to his best friend in regard to his marriage and his hurting wife, rather than try to remedy it with actions that are flat out wrong and will just make her feel worse in the end-she loves her husband, she just slept with another man-if she has a conscience she will feel horrible about that. I will get off my moral soapbox now. Thank you. ;)

Obviously, I am not a fan of a Riley/Abigail romantic pairing (under any circumstances); although I do like the character of Riley, he just seems far too immature for her, especially when it comes to romantic involvement. To me it seems a very awkward pairing; an intelligent, ph.d educated archivist, dating a...goofball who has the antics of a 15-year-old boy. Just hard to see.

I thought that you presented a number of issues in this story that you might not have intended to, so it would be interesting to see where you go with it should you continue it.

I hope that didn't sound too negative, because I actually do think it was well-written and emotional. I just wanted to smack Riley several thousand times!
Lennie1984 chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
I like Abi/Riley pairing
thunderings chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
This was amazing. Seriously. You wrote Riley magnificently; his character was truly spot on. I thought the time and effort he put into Abigail's birthday was *so* cute! I truly felt sorry for Abigail, and I could certainly see her turning to Riley for help. The part where she kissed Riley and called him Ben was especially heartbreaking. I really think you should continue this. It's brilliant, and beautifully written. Awesome job!
sadiegrl chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
please continue, you sort of left us hanging there. good so far.