Reviews for Reflection
Sadie Lane chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
It's nice to see someone extrapolate Bloom's insecurities early on during the first season; they're pretty well passed over, for the most part, even though they're definitely present in the series. But I would suggest that in the future, especially with short fics intended to show some character's emotional turmoil, you try writing from the first person. Or, if not that, at least give a lot more emotional description.

Your use of the song lyrics seems to be an attempt to serve that purpose: getting at the emotional heart of the work. One of the reasons songfics are generally frowned upon is that using the lyrics deprives you, the author, of the opportunity to write out all that emotion yourself, to really, REALLY let readers know what's going on in a more personal fashion (more tailored to the story at hand, as opposed to adapted from another source).

If it helps, I think that one issue with this is that it's mostly description, stuff we already know. Sure, you're focusing on Bloom's inner doubt during this time, which is good, but we kind of knew that already, too. Just how deep did it go? What did we NOT see? That's the kind of thing you can get at with a fic like this. I think you've really got something here, though, and I'd sure like to see you go at it again in the future.
Winx Fairy chapter 1 . 3/3/2009
Really good. But, you do know that songfics are illigal on this site? No one listens to that rule, but anyway. . . . I'd like it if you continued, I liked it. Phoebe.

Kikurukina? I'm pretty sure Kiko's blue. Or, let's just say blue-grey.
Kikurukina Bal Des'cagel chapter 1 . 2/25/2009
This is great but I feel that this should be continued.

Since when is Kiko a purple bunny? I thought he was gray.