Reviews for Nice Guys Don't Grow On Trees
Clearly Drank Darks Lemonade chapter 28 . 1/26
This is a really good story. I'm loving the all the twists. Here's hoping for more... Fingers cross!

Ps. The story is on my favourites, so I'm reading even if I'm not reviewing much :)
Yaaaaaaas. LOVE IT
So happy when I checked my email to see that there was finally an update. I hope to see more in the future.
shejams chapter 27 . 5/13/2014
Aww! Where's the next chapter button? I was really enjoying myself.
Ebony, Lex and Jack are my favs on the show. Amber was.. Eh! I didn't not like her, she just was a little annoying at times. I love her in this story. And I love her and Ebony as friends. Which is not really surprising, they do have a lot in common.. That's why they always bumped heads.
Jack and Ebony are growing on me. I think it's adorable.
Yay for KC and Alice!
Please don't give up on this. It's as addicting as the show.
Guest chapter 27 . 12/28/2013
I really like this story I hope that you do continue to update it.
Guest chapter 27 . 11/16/2013
GREAT STORY! Pleas write more.
GhostyGhost chapter 27 . 5/10/2013
Amazing :) I hope you write more
Guest chapter 27 . 10/29/2012
Wow! Great! More please!
RachRox12 chapter 27 . 8/31/2012
This is really good! Update asap!
Francesca chapter 27 . 8/13/2012
oh my goodness! I need more. This is so amazing. You've captured the characters so perfectly, and I've been waiting for a good jack and ebony fanfiction. I also think that your historical research (such as with the victorians and such) is spot on and reminds me alot of the historical references made in the t.v. series. I've been reading this for a while and it only gets better. If it was published I'd buy it! I hope you continue it.
Serenity984 chapter 1 . 8/11/2012
Hi. I started to read this story a few days ago, though I was in an sibling's account and didn't want to reply using their username. Did use it to follow the story, so I could find it. I read this story till a bit past twelve in the morning, soaking in all the chapters.

I had forgotten all about the tribe and to be honest, I believe I quit watching before it actually stopped running. I wasn't in my teens when it started yet but some of the characters were probably my first 'on screen' crushes. I had posters all over my walls! Then my own teenage years hit and off I was and television wasn't in my schedule.

The earlier seasons were the best, in my opinion but after that it seemed like the same story plot was played out but with different characters. I'm not sure what but something brought my mind back to the series and I looked up that old forum that I hung onto and the youtubes. In my younger state of mind, I believed it was so much better than what my adult mind sees it.

I found myself here at fanfiction hoping for something to ease the old memories of enjoying the tribe. Your story has given me that. The memories of the characters came back. The sarcasm of Lex and Ebony oh and how much Ebony would rage with her arms flowing. You captured that.

The amusing antics of Mouse and Sammy. Ram's personal riddles. Trudy's betrayals. You even brought back K.C and Alice! I loved those characters.

Jack though, I loved his geekiness and he was probably, if I must be honest, was the reason I was so into the show. I never liked Ellie. Oh sure I thought Jack was adorable in his first crush and how he stumbled all over himself. But I didn't like Ellie and Jack together. At that time, Ebony and Jack would had been a big NO! She was the bad guy and he was the good guy. In my child mind, that was black and white - you didn't mix them.

Now having gone through my own experiences and after reading your story - I see things a bit differently with a possible Ebony and Jack. They are the two most unlikely people to come together. He is surrounded by light of a good heart. Ebony has only known darkness. Light is illuminated when it is surrounded by darkness. It shines brighter, you cannot help but see it and who isn't drawn to light? Its safety. Its our nature to seek it.

Your Jack and Ebony, they have experienced the same kind of pain and for that they have something to talk about - share scar tales. They think around corners though, coming from different directions to meet at the same destination. I really enjoy reading their relationship and the uncertainty of it. Together they could have a strong story - a wonderful possibilities.

I like Amber and Ram's closeness as well. I'm not sure where you are going with them or even if there is a 'them' - but that makes the story so much more intriguing. Perhaps there is a person waiting for Amber with Alice's homestead. Maybe not. I always seen Amber as the leader. She had strong morals, she reasoned, she thought things through, she challenged herself even when she doubted everything. I never thought, and still don't, that Bray was the right match for Amber. She leaned onto him too much and though everyone leaned on someone, I thought had too much of a hold on her. Ram challenges her. Keeps her mind wise. I think that is why I am trying to pin those two together.

I like your May in this story. I never really felt that I understood May's character. Again, this goes back to the good guys vs. bad guys way of thinking. I don't remember too much about the show at this point, I think this is when I started to veer away. I think she was always switching sides or giving information easily. I wasn't sure where her loyalty lay or even if she had any at all.

The pregnancy of Ebony and the lost of her child I thought was a bit needless but the story of Trudy and Jay coming from her bed rest was very clever!

I think I rambled enough but I'd like to add that I would really love to read more of this story. I know how hard it is to update especially if there isn't a whole lot of people interested in the series but just wanted to let you know - I'm reading it now.
Jess chapter 27 . 7/20/2012
Love it!
Guest chapter 2 . 7/6/2012
good
Guest chapter 26 . 7/5/2012
im glad you started again ive been waiting years!
Guest chapter 26 . 7/5/2012
I love this story! Can't wait to read more! :)