Reviews for The Short Straw
bec chapter 1 . 1/18/2013
Great story. Nice rewrite.
SaraBahama chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Beautifully done, Annerb! I enjoyed every moment of it. The description of Carter's self-depreciating huff of laughter was so perfectly HER. Wonderful storytelling.
arquent chapter 1 . 10/29/2011
"Carter!" he bellows.

Three years of working together guarantees that she reacts instantly, her body following the commands of a man her brain hasn't had time to remind her isn't allowed to order her around anymore.

That was my absolute favorite part. Great story.
LAIsobel chapter 1 . 8/16/2011
I guess we all had been thinking about this option... maybe not the end but definitely the Carter pulling the short straw part... wow what an outcome. I guess it would take them a lot more to accept it and deal with it but well... the story itself was kinda good!
Cellar Door 26 chapter 1 . 7/8/2009
This story makes me swoon.
Silverishmoon chapter 1 . 5/31/2009
XD love it!
framework4 chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
Delightful AU. I loved the interaction.
Sarae64 chapter 1 . 3/10/2009
Lovely little twist on Shades of Grey...nicely done. :)
StarnightSam chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Wow! such a simple but great story. You always catch every emotion and feeling just as I think they are between them! Loved this. It was just as good as the series version of Jack and Daniel! Thanks!
i.m. nell chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
What a delightful twist to Shades of Grey.
sapphiretwin369 chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
I always love fic that deal with 'what if Sam had drawn the short straw?' Loved your version of Shades of Gray. I could definitely picture that conversation happening. Jack said what I would have pictured him saying if he was trying to be a jerk to Sam. Nice job!
Bunnylass chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Absolutely fantastic! I loved it...Just like I knew I would! :)
ALIMOO1971 chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
great short story, is Makepeace dead? keep up the good work
dp chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Wonderful Story.
BettyHall223 chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I like your version of this episode.