Reviews for Dark, Yet Lovely
Rat chapter 9 . 5/4/2009
OH! I can't believe you ended it there! SO much angst this season. Great Story.
jenilee chapter 9 . 3/19/2009
Well it may have been not the happiest ending but I liked it. Maybe because underneath all the avoidance the boys are still brothers, still there for each other even if they don’t seem to know how to be that way together, they know how to be there for one another when the chips are down.

I enjoyed the last few chapters. It’s hard to sum them up in a couple of sentences but here goes…great descriptions as usual, very creepy with Sam and the Churel. Loved the confusion and fading in and out during that chapter.

Loved Dean in his panic and worry and the thoughts of how he has already lost Sam intruding.

I love how you show the boys good and bad traits equally. Neither, is a saint or bad to the bone but human with human failings, not perfect (even if they look it) and I love that you show that while still keeping them the boys we love.

Thanks for another great story.
jenilee chapter 6 . 3/17/2009
What I loved about this chapter was Dean’s thoughts skitting back and forth between worrying and trying to stay focused enough to do the research that would tell him where Sam is.
jenilee chapter 5 . 3/17/2009
Well so much for keeping up.

Had to say how much I loved this—“his fingers suddenly clumsy, spilling granules all over the table in a sweet, miniature imitation of a snowdrift”.

Oh crap. Kind of glad I fell behind cos what a place to end. Oh and very creepy scene. Loved that.
Holly Lukeman chapter 9 . 3/15/2009
Nice job alluding to Sam and his powers and how he might have to use them to save everyone, even if it kills him. Reminds me of the promo on the CW (the good part). And of course they danced around the issue - I would expect nothing less from two Winchesters. Very dysfunctional family...

Good story - I had a lot of fun reading it.
Holly Lukeman chapter 8 . 3/15/2009
Dean's thought that he didn't know Sam was a painful one, but I'm glad you threw it in. I feel so bad for both of them, but it makes for good entertainment.

By the way, my ankles physically hurt when I read the part about Dean chopping of the woman's feet. Great job with the imagery.
Holly Lukeman chapter 7 . 3/15/2009
Wow, that creature is...yuck. But it's also very original - nice job with it. Made me shiver just reading it, and that's not too easy to do.

Ouch. Sam's rambling thoughts about needing to find Dean or Ruby were kind of hard to read - I couldn't help but think of how Dean would react to it. But Sam wanted his brother. And the thing where he remembered Dean used to know what to do, and he thought that maybe he still did was painful but very good. Things have changed between them this season, but some things not so much, and you did a great job of capturing that.
Holly Lukeman chapter 6 . 3/15/2009
I liked the comment about Dean being smart (which he completely is), but that Sam had areas where he was particularly gifted. I'd have to agree - he managed to track Lilith like John did Azazel, which according to Ash is practically an impossibility.

Now you've got me all worried for Sam and all riled up like Dean. And dang it, their trusty cellphone tracking plan failed. Poor epileptic brother.

Great chapter.
Holly Lukeman chapter 5 . 3/15/2009
The old jokes that Dean brought up were great to read. But they also made me severely nostalgic for the brothers who can read each other like open books. It makes me want to watch The Usual Suspects with the whole Hilts/McQueen thing.

Another great chapter. The whole attacked in the bathroom thing snuck up on me. Bad things happen to that boy when he stops for a restroom break. You ever notice how dangerous hygiene is on the show? Someone washes their hands or face, takes a shower, brushes their teeth and BAM! they die.

Have to read the next chapter now; I need to know what happened to Sammy.
Holly Lukeman chapter 4 . 3/15/2009
You know what, we barely see Sam actually eat in the series. Maybe we catch a glimpse of him chewing a bite of something, but that's it. Dean on the other hand... well.

The whole weird foot thing has got me creeped out. Now I'm completely confused and hoping they catch the thing before it drags Sam away to its lair and eats him or something.

Once again, you've done a great job with characterization and dialog. Your writing is interesting and keeps me wanting to read more. Nice job.
Holly Lukeman chapter 3 . 3/15/2009
Creepy things in the dark and are not Dean... Poor Sam. He takes to trouble like a duck to water (I know, lame comparison, but it's accurate). Although, reading that part made me very sleepy and creeped out - good job with it.

I'm trying to think of what kind of thing is after Sam, but so far I've narrowed it down to I have no idea. Can't wait to see where you take this.
Holly Lukeman chapter 2 . 3/15/2009
Now you've got me worried about Sam. Normally he's all over the research and such, and this whole tired, coming in at noon thing isn't a good sign in my book.

You write both guys in a very natural light, and that's a lot of fun to read. Great job.
Holly Lukeman chapter 1 . 3/15/2009
Don't like the sound of that chick Sam ran into near the end, there. Yikes.

Your story good so far, especially with Sam. Dean's comment about not being able to stop things right in front of them was painful to read when Sam reacted to it. You have good characterization and your plot has me hooked. Can't wait to read more.
Chiiyo86 chapter 9 . 3/14/2009
The alert didn't work again. I know you can't do anything about it, but it pisses me off. Damn. Thanks for warning me you were going to post (I live in France, so it's still 14 March for me, but late in the evening).

Anyway. The fic. The angst is killing me, but I think I understand why you're doing that. I know I do the same in my own fics. I don't like to resolve in fics the issues that aren't yet resolved in Show.

I liked the obligatory hospital scene. It's never getting old ;) And I like that the conversation at the end shows both the rift between the brothers and the fact that they still care about each other anyway (for what it's worth, I think that it is still the case in Show, but maybe I'm too optimistic).

You're one of my favorite author, and it always annoys me to see that you don't receive as much reviews as you deserve. I'm looking forward to your next story!

Elsa
masondixon chapter 9 . 3/14/2009
Liked the ending, although no good story should really ever end! This is a dark and rather depressing season so far so perhaps your next story could deal with an earlier season...and have a lot of Dean whumping in it? Just a suggestion from an appreciative reader. Thank You.
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »