Reviews for Desperate Measures
ArwenJaneLilyLyra chapter 4 . 12/31/2010
This was such a wonderful story! The torture almost unreaable at times...I was hooked from the beginning.

This intrigued me mainly because I am writing a piece with a similar theme (though not Alexander, but with the torture aspect) and I always find it interesting to see how other people write similar scenarios.

I am an avid fan of the true history of Alexander, though not the film, and though this was AU of course, I thought it fitted in well, and I really enjoyed it. Though perhaps saying I loved reading about one of my favourite historical figures being tortured isn't a good idea...

Basically, a really wonderful story. I thought it was great.

Love and thanks, ArwenJaneLilyLyra x
purple lolly chapter 4 . 3/3/2009
wow a short but powerful piece n in a twisted way i liked it, you're like me hurting Hephaistion.
Elpis of Hope chapter 4 . 3/1/2009
With every story you write I always find myself wanting more - they are just soo damn good! This newest one by you was no exception. Wow Wee! I loved Alexander's sneaky plan in finding Hephaestion... very creative! The incident with Ptolemy had me rolling with laughter... but at the end love provailed. I am bummed this one is over... however, this just means a new one will be posted from you soon.. cant wait! Thanks a lot for sharing this one. I will fer sure be adding this story to my favorites. :)
toobeauty chapter 4 . 3/1/2009
Dearstella, even though I read this story before, I must tell you that re reading it again is always a pleasure in spit eof Phais toture but the end was more than worth it!

Our beloved ones together after their separation was beautifully described and the love thay sahre could be "seen" easily.

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story with us ! M
LisaT25 chapter 4 . 3/1/2009
This was a beautiful story; very well written. I was in tears reading about Hephaistion's torture and eventual recovery. I am sorry to see the story end.
evave chapter 4 . 3/1/2009
And to think the drug would've gotten them the information they wanted, no muss no fuss.

I liked WHEN Alexander got there, that was inspired.

I thought that the shoulder was dislocated not broken, my bad.

I really did appreciate the ending.

It made me happy and made me smile.

Eva
Elpis of Hope chapter 2 . 2/27/2009
As I read this story I can visually see each scene being played out - this is such a well written story. I love how Odius stepped up sacrificing his happiness for Alexander. And how clever is Ptolemy - no wonder he became such a powerful pharoah... but most of all I loved Hephaestion's sense of humor through his ordeal... great story - its very powerful - it puts Indiana Jones to shame.. Harrison Ford has nothing on the characters you have created in this story. Please more. Well done!
evave chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Whew! I don't understand why Odius isn't telling anybody what happened; Alexander really WOULD understand.

And then go get Hephaistion.

ALSO I am really impressed with the multiplicity of ideas you have written about.

I have reread the last three chapters of Changes (just 'cos I keep hoping somehow that Eurydike and her babies survived just 'cos I like Europa so much) a bunch of times and really enjoy that story so much.

Every one of your stories are so different.

But I somehow think Zahur isn't the nicest little boy in camp because why is he signally Odius to keep quiet.

JUST because he got punished I'd love it if Agis ends up being the hero here.

I never thought you wrote "torture-fic" I just thought your Hephaistion got messed up a lot (like in Theseus) beaten-up some.

So I will wait for more chapters with bated breath.

Eva
Laurensis chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Dear me!dear me! here we go again with poor Phaistion. Two things you can deduce here from you: Either you subconsciously detest the man that you make him constantly suffer or you love him to bits, you constantly want him to be everyone's centre of attention (can't blame you there though). However, if anyone would ask me to recommend a writer who can churn out literary character cruelties without being cheap or tacky, you'd be on top of my list. Aside from that, this seems to be a very promising story of betrayal-quite heavy stuff to tackle. To my mind this puts the serious reader into some kind of a moral dilemma. Condone betrayal for the sake of love, or condemn love for conceiving betrayal. This is a morality tale of the spine tingling kind. I am very curious!
Elpis of Hope chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Oh man - the scene with Alexander riding into the camp and him rushing to see Hephaestion's body brought chills down my spine. Wow... I think I got a strand of gray hair from that mental image.. :) Another story from you! I have been waiting patiently for it. I cant wait to read the rest... I know its going to be great! Now get to your keyboard fast!