Reviews for The Vampire in the Basement
divyvicki chapter 6 . 2/10
Another great chapter. Loved it.
divyvicki chapter 5 . 2/10
Very touching chapter.
divyvicki chapter 4 . 2/10
This is just a great story.
666Spektor chapter 32 . 2/10
Oh my god!
I fell completely in love with your story!
I couldn't stop reading it
Bdisbdosks
AAAAAHHHH
I LOVED IT
THAAAAAAANKS
whilewewereyetsinners chapter 32 . 2/9
Since I've read this three times in the past few weeks and it's made me cry every time, I figure at the very least I owe you a review. ;) This story breaks my heart- it would be traumatic enough without already knowing the characters, but I think knowing how Edward *should* be makes it so much more devastating. Other thoughts:

Edward's grandfather: I want to KILL HIM. I realize that he is fictional, and that even if he weren't he would already be dead, but I don't care. I want to dig him up and spit on him and set him on fire. Edward's condition, Edward's treatment- he had control over it for decades and he either allowed or caused his own grandson to be treated worse than an animal- and he had the unmitigated gall to consider turning Edward a success! My grandparents- some of them would have killed for me, and I know without a doubt that all of them would have died for me- I would kill and/or die to protect my children- I just can't wrap my mind around his massive selfish lunacy. And really- "Inject me"!? Did he think Edward's life was so awesome that he wanted the cell next door? What a ...really. Words fail me.

Garrett: I admit it, I'm apparently slow on the uptake- I didn't realize who he was until this reading. He was former military and you even had Charlie saying he was a nomad- I understand why I missed it the first reading since I was so nervous about him, but I don't know why I missed it the second time. LOL If I'd realized who he was I probably would have felt relieved when Charlie remembered his name wasn't Gary!

I like this more self-confident Bella, and all the funny things you have scattered throughout the story, like Bella and Jasper throwing emotions at each other. And Emmett is very Emmetty. The attempted fist bump especially was funny. ;)

I love all the scenes where you can see Edward beginning to do things of his own volition- not just allowing Bella to do things to him or tell him what to do, but to actually initiate contact. And the way he goes to her house to check up on her, when not that long earlier (what would it be, six weeks, two months?) he wouldn't even step over the threshold of his own room without encouragement- I love that. Carlisle or whoever it was that said how strong he is- he was right. To survive ninety years of horrific treatment and still have any courage left is amazing.

The scene from Alice's POV after Edward and Bella are taken and she's on the floor smelling Bella's scent on the sofa- very well-done. That's one of the spots that I cried all three times. I want to cry now just thinking about it. ;)

I'm not sure how I feel about Bella killing the evil head honcho guy. I mean, I don't blame her- at all!- but I sort of wish Edward had been able to do it. Bella saved him from Jane, even though she didn't realize what she was doing when she stood in front of him, and then for her to kill evil-expensive-suit-man- for her to save Edward, and him not to be able to save her or himself at all, I'm not sure what a good thing that is for him as a man. Men in general care about stuff like that more than women do, I think. However, I can see that the evil jerk would fill him with so much terror that even knowing his own capabilities he wouldn't be able to bring himself to do it. I also sort of wish that evil guy had been taken back to Volterra, been pressed for information, and in general treated the way you know Aro and Caius would treat someone who had mistreated the vampire race. I'd like him to have that long plane ride filled with terror. Bella ripping him to pieces was less terrifying and torturous than he deserved.

I love the epilogue- I'm happy that Bella and Edward are still with the Cullens and didn't go off somewhere on their own. Even though it might have been easier for him to be somewhere just with Bella, having to interact with the whole family and more with the outside world is definitely better for him. Maybe in a few hundred years, Edward will stop trembling, at least at home. I hope so.

I don't know if you're still planning on doing EPOV outtakes, but if so I would love to see one of the scene when Alice thinks about Bella being in love with him, when he first hunts, their first kiss, when he runs with Alice, and the scene where he and Bella get taken. We did get a little EPOV- I think it was the end of The Lab chapter?- and that was lovely. :) I'd love to see EPOV when Bella first goes down to him in the basement, but I imagine his thoughts were horribly fragmented and confused at that point and would be hard to write.

Thanks so much for this story! I realize you can't publish it, for obvious reasons, but if it ever becomes possible to get an e- or hard-copy, please let me know. I would love to have easier access to it than on here. :)
divyvicki chapter 3 . 2/9
I really like this.
divyvicki chapter 2 . 2/9
This is truly fascinating. Oh, before I forget, Cris recommended this to me.
divyvicki chapter 1 . 2/9
Had this on my to read list for a while and finally got the chance to start it. The first chapter was great. Can't wait to read more.
prairie loon chapter 32 . 2/7
thank you for the beautiful story. I really enjoyed it. It was so original and really well written.
twilight-absorbed-superwholock chapter 1 . 2/4
I love how she just assumes Emmett is dead. I don't know why, but I find it fucking hilarious.
alexiana75 chapter 15 . 2/4
wow! Humans held him captive? If so, who changed him?
alexiana75 chapter 13 . 2/4
A cage? Poor guy! Yes, I knew, and hoped, it is Edward.
I know you want reviews, but I am not a native english speaker, and is sooo hard for me to find the proper words to describe such beauty. So, once and for all: your story, your imagination, your writing style Is Just Amazing! Wonderfull!
alexiana75 chapter 10 . 2/3
Oh, my. What you do to me...! Is allmost midnight and I have to go to work tomorrow. But, heroin, you said? I want another chapter...And another...and another!
I'm thrilled that he's a little healthier, and glad that he is in Bella's room. Just, wonderfull!
alexiana75 chapter 8 . 2/3
now, I don't have a slighest clue, either...But, it still is the most interesting story!
alexiana75 chapter 7 . 2/3
Yay! Bath time! Well, I did understood a bit about that inhibitors, the basic things, and I'm ok with that. Interesting idea, anyway
11,408 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »