Reviews for The Vampire in the Basement
Lottie2303 chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
I find it really strange that Bella knows about the Cullens. I never could see one of the Cullens telling Bella the truth without Edward involvement. Furthermore I don't even think Bella would be that perspective and ambitious to figure out the truth without Edward.

Okay, I accepted that fact and I also can understand that you didn't want to have a big pre-story how Bella finds out about vampire. Maybe you should add one, two sentenced were it is explained.

Still, I love your story. I'm feeling so sorry for Edward at the moment. What happened to Edward is the most crucial part. I really want to know how/who and what happened to him exactly. Even when it sounds impossible that Edward can't drink blood - I also thought that all fluids of vampires are replaced and thus no sperms for babys (I liked BD, what Renesmee was simply unnecessary).

I can't wait when Edward starts talking. It is so funny to know that we know his name and it isn't mentioned once in your story yet. Funny indeed ;)

So, I'm really looking forward for future chapters and continue your good work.
robyntj5998 chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
My heart is breaking for Bella and Edward. I hope that he forgives her for making him take the serum. I thought it was good that he allowed her to continue to comfort him. It breaks my heart that he is so broken. I also love how he continued to grip onto her hand. He is using her as a source of strength and I'm not sure if he even knows it.

Will we ever get an EPOV? I'm so curious to see how he feels about Bella right now.
Twogoods chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
I'm still with you! Happy and intrigued. Great update. Shoot..I was hoping this would work. I guess back to the drawing board. Still loving the writing!
Erin chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
I do not usually read vampire fics, but this is amazing. I am hooked on the vulnerable Edward you created, he is fantastic! I can not wait to see where this is going, I hope they find an definitive working antidote soon. Will Edward talk? ... can he speak?

Keep it up! :D
Sheeijan chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
I just feel so BAD for Edward! I mean that poor vampire has been through absolute unimaginable hell. Being what they are, they could have cut him into a million pieces over and over again literally. For all we know they could have rewired his internal organs or something, I can't imagine how much pain Edward has suffered. I do wonder why he can't understand Bella when she's talking, I mean unless he's just so far gone mentally because of the pain and sheer terror he is still feeling?

Beautiful update! I'm glad to see they are trying to do something, and they are trusting him with Bella more and more.
Erin chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
I freaking love this story! I can't believe how skilled you are in ripping my heart to shreds with this version of Edward. I also think it's so great that you aren't rushing to make everything perfect. (Like making round one of the antidote work immediately.) It's the same with Edward and Bella's relationship. There is such an amazing sweetness there, and Edward obviously trusts her, but only to a point. You allow him to have realistic fears and setbacks. I loved how in this chapter Bella thinks she may have seen him trying to communicate by shaking his head, but she's not positive. This is all so suspenseful! Can't wait for the next chapter!
MeiraVoirdire chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
Oh, good, I was waiting for her to 'spoon' him.

As for the rest . . . the not knowing is KILLING me. ;o)
seeingstars42 chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
I am still with you on the science. I think it seems to make sense; separate the inhibitor from the cells then use an antidote to keep the inhibitor from attaching to the cells once again. (At least that is what I got from it...:o) This step in his healing process is so interesting to me. I hope that Carlisle can find success and that what they all need the antidote to accomplish is what it does.

Of course, I loved the interaction between Bella and her vampire. "Our eyes continued their meaningless conversation, his dark and blank and mine pleading. He had no idea what I was saying. He couldn’t understand me. It made each look and touch so much more important. If he couldn’t understand that we only wanted to help him, then we were no better than them in his eyes."

The meaningful conversations come in looks and touches, which in some ways hold much more power and in some ways truer and more trustworthy. It is much harder to fake the feelings and intentions behind a touch or a look than it is to fake the feelings behind words. I hope to see more interactions between the two and to discover who "them" is and what exactly there agenda is. Did the vampire escape or was he released for some purpose?

"As I coaxed his taught lips open with my free hand, I could’ve sworn that I saw his head shake infinitesimally. I’m sure it was my imagination, but I couldn’t help but wonder if he had just made an honest attempt to actually communicate with me."

Could there be something, anything, going on inside his head? Could there be some level of understanding? I look forward to seeing that explored more.

This chapter had so much of what I love about this story all in one, the Bella/vampire interaction, the Cullens and the mystery. Thank you for sharing this wonderful writing with us!
ayartee chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
Great story, I hope they can get him better soon. I love how Bella is so drawn to him and how he only trusts her.
hollandlilies chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
Oh my gosh, I just started reading your story today and it has already brought tears to my eyes many times. I love it though, and you've done such a wonderful job of portraying Bella and her selflesness. I also like it because Bella gets to save Edward and not the other way around. I am so sad for both of them though, and I can't wait until Edward can communicate a little bit. I noticed that it seems like he can still read minds because he predicts the others actions before they arrive in the basement, so that should be interesting later on when he becomes stronger. Please update soon!
Timmer chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
Love how she keeps referring to him as "My vampire" !And I was laughing when she said" I couldn't contain my excitement at the prospect of finally getting some blood into him" ! Love that she's the one that's visiting him and falling asleep with him in this version and not the other way around !Glad he stops growling when he inhales her smell !

When I read the bit about her giving him the antidote and his reaction, I got a feeling as if he was and has been suicidal.I'm probably wrong because we know that he hasn't been able to eat because of the inhibitor in him but I feel like he doesn't even want the antidote in that bit:"I could've sworn I saw his head shake infinitesimally", "His panic stricken eyes burning into mine begging me to release him", but then takes it because of her "Please, please swallow it","His eyes never left mine as his body calmed down,resigned to the fact that he was cornered","My vampire broke my gaze,turning his head away from me and swallowing" . "I let our fingers tangle once more, and this time he grasped them tightly". Does he feel some hope now with Bella there?Seems like it ! Oh and I'm not a scientist but the scientific stuf makes sense ! LOL !
naelany chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
I think I'm with you enough to get the idea of what Carlisle's talking about lol.

I'm actually a little surprised (pleasantly) that Edward didn't put up more of a fight about the vial, and that he grasped her hand afterward. I hope Carlisle figures something out soon though...
Noirr chapter 8 . 3/24/2009
Oh! My heart is breaking for Bella and Edward. How he turned his head and swallowed. Even weak, he should have been strong enough to break her grasp, so it tells me he was fighting with himself to do this for her. The image of them both holding so tightly to each other afterwards is pulling at my heart! And don't worry if you don't get the science down exactly, I am more than willing to suspend disbelief. This is such a beautiful story!
RAEcouter chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I am more than with you and I am loving this story something hard! So creative ... I am on the edge of my seat:) Thank you for writing, RAE
Indredi chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
We're with you! (well, anyway, I am... ;-] )

So the only thing I'm confused about is: does Carlisle know that the "first round" drug worked, or is he just hoping that the second round drug will let it work (and everything could still fail)?

What suspense!

Poor Charlie, hope he doesn't get too suspicious!
11,461 | « Prev Page 1 .. 740 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 760 .. Last Next »