Reviews for The Vampire in the Basement
Rochelle Allison chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
i'm glad bella made some progress and was able to get her vampire to take the medicine. it's so sweet when he allows her to hold his hand. i wish we knew what he was thinking. does he undertstand her? i feel like he does, even if he shows no sign...
BelleDuJour chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I'm actually with you on the science and I am so not a science person!

Good chapter - Bella's very compassionate towards him.
lvk1978 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
This is definitely rough going for both Edward and Bella. The science is not too difficult to understand so no worries there. I was, however, clutching when Carlisle said he would need a sample from *inside* his stomach - YIKES! I thought for the briefest moment there that Carlisle was gonna try and cut him. Thanks for setting me straight! Boy, I'm glad I'm such a patient person because all this hurry up and wait is pretty nervewracking for everybody involved.

BTW, it's "taut". I'm assuming here that you're not "teaching" Edward's lips although I sure would like to teach those lips a few...nevermind. Um, yeah..."taut lips". Sorry, the mind wanders. And fantasizes. And I'm sure you get my drift.

Anyway, good chappie. I'm hoping for better days ahead for our poor, crazed vamp and his sweet, little vampsitter.
SaraEMC2 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Really enjoy this story and cannot wait for more. I have a suggestion why don't Bella bring like a mini boombox and play some soothing classical music
Wuch chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I LOVE this story! Just stumbled onto it yesterday thanks to Nina over at discerning ficster, and couldn't be happier to indulge this addiction!

I love your take on the characters, especially Bella's fierce compassion and the innate draw she and Edward have towards one another. I also like how you've just thrown Bella in with the Cullens without expounding on the hows and whys of their relationship, it just is, and it's great.

I can't wait to see how this Edward develops, and to learn what happened to him to damage him so horribly.

So original, VERY well written- so addictive!

(also- I'm actually an MD, and what you're saying about this toxin/antidote thing does, in theory, make sense, so no worries!)

Thanks! Can't wait for the next chappie!
tlp chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Aw Poor Edward :(

I'm not surprised that the first trial of the drug didn't work miracles, but I'm SO glad that he and Bella aren't back at square one, and that he seems to be at least somewhat accepting of Bella's actions.

Thanks for the update!
Pastiche Pen chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
So, I remain very intrigued, and am enjoying the flow; however, i raised an eyebrow at Bella not being good at science - she was in AP Bio prior to coming to Forks - but that's very nitpicky - I AM enjoying.
MaleficentKnits chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I have to say this is a little slow but I'm enjoying this process as if it truly is a mystery. I'm dying to know who did this to Edward and if Carlisle will be able to cure him. Keep writing.
Aspenleaf chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
AWE, well he didn't like it, but at least he didn't freak out. That shows alot of trust in Bella, he might even let her feed him blood without going crazy.

Great chapter!
OKtoDelete chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
"His eyes never left mine as his body calmed down, resigned to the fact that he was cornered. I hated cornering him. I was now his captor, he my prisoner, and he had no way of escape. As we both came to realize this, my vampire broke my gaze, turning his head away from me and swallowing."

Yeah, that broke my heart a little. But this made is some better ...

" I let our fingers tangle together once more, and this time, he grasped them tightly."

You're doing a fabulous job with this. I wouldn't touch the medical/science stuff with a ten foot pole. You're a brave woman! :-)
AliciaCullen1901 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Interesting chapter. Can't wait for more.
MeiraVoirdire chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
I'm not in a reviewing mood today, but this story has so few reviews that I'm going to force myself.

It is moving very slowly, and in the midst of this chapter it occurred to me that one of the things I love about Edward is his strong definitive take-charge nature, and I'm wondering if that could possibly come into play in this story. I hope it does.

I also wonder why the Cullens don't pool together their own venom to wipe on his wounds . . . I just read that in another fanfic and it seemed so plausible that now I'm expecting it.

And I'm dying to know if he can understand Bella, and what he's thinking, and if he can read minds . . .

Lastly, I can't believe I got sucked into another unfinished fic, dooming myself to further waiting for chapters. But yes, you've sucked me in. ;o)
Pretty Words chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
So I discovered this story after Angstgoddess rec'd it on her livejournal, b/c I somehow hadn't seen it before, and I have to say that I'm seriously loving this plotline. I'm really glad I decided to try it, I think it's absolutely fantastic and while the baby steps in the plot are a little frustrating it's okay. Because this is definitely the type of story you can't rush. Anyway, you're on my story alert- I'm excited to see what happens next!
missbluejuju chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
I'm really enjoying your story so far. The plot is refreshingly unique, and I'm eager to read what's next. :-)
Noirr chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
I was keeping up with this story on twilighted, but I like the notification system here so I followed your link in the reviews and put you on add. I am very into this and encourage you to keep it up!
11,461 | « Prev Page 1 .. 742 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 762 .. Last Next »