Reviews for The Vampire in the Basement
MaleficentKnits chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
I have to say this is a little slow but I'm enjoying this process as if it truly is a mystery. I'm dying to know who did this to Edward and if Carlisle will be able to cure him. Keep writing.
Aspenleaf chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
AWE, well he didn't like it, but at least he didn't freak out. That shows alot of trust in Bella, he might even let her feed him blood without going crazy.

Great chapter!
OKtoDelete chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
"His eyes never left mine as his body calmed down, resigned to the fact that he was cornered. I hated cornering him. I was now his captor, he my prisoner, and he had no way of escape. As we both came to realize this, my vampire broke my gaze, turning his head away from me and swallowing."

Yeah, that broke my heart a little. But this made is some better ...

" I let our fingers tangle together once more, and this time, he grasped them tightly."

You're doing a fabulous job with this. I wouldn't touch the medical/science stuff with a ten foot pole. You're a brave woman! :-)
AliciaCullen1901 chapter 8 . 3/23/2009
Interesting chapter. Can't wait for more.
MeiraVoirdire chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
I'm not in a reviewing mood today, but this story has so few reviews that I'm going to force myself.

It is moving very slowly, and in the midst of this chapter it occurred to me that one of the things I love about Edward is his strong definitive take-charge nature, and I'm wondering if that could possibly come into play in this story. I hope it does.

I also wonder why the Cullens don't pool together their own venom to wipe on his wounds . . . I just read that in another fanfic and it seemed so plausible that now I'm expecting it.

And I'm dying to know if he can understand Bella, and what he's thinking, and if he can read minds . . .

Lastly, I can't believe I got sucked into another unfinished fic, dooming myself to further waiting for chapters. But yes, you've sucked me in. ;o)
Pretty Words chapter 7 . 3/23/2009
So I discovered this story after Angstgoddess rec'd it on her livejournal, b/c I somehow hadn't seen it before, and I have to say that I'm seriously loving this plotline. I'm really glad I decided to try it, I think it's absolutely fantastic and while the baby steps in the plot are a little frustrating it's okay. Because this is definitely the type of story you can't rush. Anyway, you're on my story alert- I'm excited to see what happens next!
missbluejuju chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
I'm really enjoying your story so far. The plot is refreshingly unique, and I'm eager to read what's next. :-)
Noirr chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
I was keeping up with this story on twilighted, but I like the notification system here so I followed your link in the reviews and put you on add. I am very into this and encourage you to keep it up!
katmom chapter 1 . 3/22/2009
Ah! Found you here too!

I totally love this story...and can hardly wait for the questions to be answered...and yet, I can! The pace of this story is just right.

LOVE our clean Vamp...and the process of getting him so.

Thanks so much for sharing...

Kathie
rat-de-bibliotheque chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
Captivating! I'm loving the connection between Bella and Edward (and, of course, always hopeful that I will find out more).
Indredi chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
This is really good stuff! A great mystery with tantalizing clues and twists... (oh he was tortured AND he can't drink blood? I"m thinking something like a cross between the experiments to see if there is anything Wolverine CAN'T heal from and a Clockwork Orange desensitization to violence?)

Really good characterization... (I love that you kept Bella so true to form, though I do wonder about the circumstances that led to her becoming friends with Alice and finding out about the Vampires... will the wolves play a role in your story?)

and lovely prose (you are a great writer!).

Not to mention I like the fact that you did your research! (the science nerd in me wants the full explanation of the inhibitors, please!)

Enjoy your vacation... I hope you get lots of inspiration while you're gone!
tuhkakoti chapter 7 . 3/22/2009
vampire antibuse. i totally get it, you did a great job. please dont ever abandon this fic, it's too interesting!
crazygirl042787 chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
I stumbled across this story tonight & I'm really glad I did. It's a refreshingly new plot & very well done. :) I can't wait to see where you take this! Please update soon!

Also, I noticed on your profile it says you go to OSU... so from one Buckeye student to another - OH!
seeingstars42 chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
Oh my! I just found this story and I am utterly captivated. I cannot stop thinking about it. The mixture of mystery, emotion, science, relationships and discovery is so enthralling. At first, I was frustrated at the slow pace, but the more I read the more I discovered that with each chapter and each interaction I was getting more out of the slow development than I would have gotten from a quick move through the plot. I have the suspicion that these moments are crucial to the upcoming plot points. I also wasn't sure that I would enjoy the switch of POV, but it makes this story so much more rich. Seeing the situation from all the different characters makes me understand it that much more. I would love to see "the vampire's" POV and see what it is like in his mind. To know more about how much he understands and how much he is aware of.

The synthetic inhibitors made sense to me. The chemicals cause his body to reject the blood. I look forward to learning more about what he went through before the Cullens found him. I wonder if where he was before was some place where testing was being done on vampires to make them less (or more dangerous). As I said, I can't stop thinking about this story.

Thank you for sharing this intriguing world with us. I look forward to finding out more!
cheeky98520 chapter 7 . 3/21/2009
There is just somehting about this story! I'm always checking my e-mail for an update lol. Great job as always! Cant wait for the next ch.
11,454 | « Prev Page 1 .. 742 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 762 .. Last Next »