Reviews for Hope Springs Eternally
Kris chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
By the 3 I meant love. Geez, you can't make a proper heart on an ipod :(
Kris chapter 1 . 5/29/2012
I have one word... AWESOME! Seriously, this makes history interesting! Not that Hetalia didn't already manage that :) And I have the sudden erge to punch Germany and he is one of my faves! And I'm a dane, which doesn't make it any better! Still loves this 3 great storyline, great detail; so overall great fanfic!
argella1300 chapter 1 . 1/30/2011
*applauds* bravo! if you wanna read a REALLY good hetalia fic about the same event, click here:

favourites/42760351#/d32vg3j
TheBadlyNamedUser chapter 1 . 12/10/2010
I was reading about Denmark in WW2 in History today, and just now got a massive urge to read a fanfiction about it. I can't believe I found one so perfect!
Shulamit chapter 1 . 10/17/2010
Thank you for this story. Although the story of the king of Denmark wearing the Yellow Star is actually a myth, Denmark's bravery and loyalty is still remembered and applauded!
timidhinata chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
I remember reading a historical-fiction about the Danes helping Jews escape in 1943. I recalled reading about the harsh living conditions of the Danes at that time. I also remember marveling at the bravery of the young heroine (only ten) and her family as they tried very hard to help their Jewish friends escape to Sweden. The novel also mentioned King Christian X wearing the yellow star of David. All of this made me respect the Danes even more than ever.

I'm glad this piece of history has been written as a fanfiction. Now, more people can have a chance to know about this remarkable history of Denmark.
Epicflea chapter 1 . 8/1/2009
I couldn't tear my eyes away from this fanfic. I fell over it by an accident and suddenly I was reading a hetalia fanfic with my own country? You know a lot about Denmark, I'm stunned. How did you know that bonderøv is our word of idiot? It surprised me. But I enjoyed reading this beautiful piece of artwork :) (I LOVE the tension in the phone call.)
IshtarPiccolo chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
This is good, but it seems like, I dunno. . You made Christian X seem like a pansy? I'm pretty sure he said, "We have no Jew problem." Also, he pissed of Hitler a lot, like when Hitler sent him happy birthday greetings, he said, "Thank you, King Chr."

Anyways, I noticed that the German looked kind of weird and was kind of off. It would most likely be "Wollen Sie" not "Willst du," as much as a jerkass Ludwig is being, and the verb you used for will doesn't mean will in English, it means to want.

But what do I know? I've only studied German for 1 1/2 years; I really don't know that much about it. It just looked really weird to me, though.
Silent Nacht chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
I ended up really loving this, despite Denmark being one of those characters I don't know much about. I think you did a wonderful job giving him a personality, and oh, that entire scene at the end, his call to Sweden, is perfect.

Ludwig scared me in this. I really wanted to punch him in the face, but I had to keep reading because, well, because it was well-written, and didn't fall into that trap of being over-the-top and completely unbelievable. AND it's even easier to make characters too sympathetic, and that wasn't this at all. Eh, but it's sticky. Point is, you handled it well. :)

Also, major yes at inclusion of historical figures in Hetalia fic. That's so much fun to see, and King Christian X was awesome.

One typo near the end: "We need you help," should be your, correct? Other than that, beautiful! I really hope to see more from you.