Reviews for A Shorter Story
LoveWritingxoxo chapter 1 . 3/23/2012
I know I'm a little late on this story but I still had to review. I honestly feel like bawling right now. You know the lump you get in your throat when you're trying to hold back your tears? That's how I feel right now. No matter how much I cry, it won't be enough because that lump is still there and this story just makes me want to cry my eyes out.

Get your own show. No seriously, the world needs to see how much of a wonderful writer you are. Write a book man.

This was so heartbrakingly beautiful. When Brooke said he won't have time anymore, I was thinking this was so true. He'd be with Peyton and he wouldn't have time to see her anymore or be her friend, just like Mark so graciously showed us in season 4 and 6. I love Brooke and Jamie's relastionship and I love how it is in here but it's a shame he's her only real confidante.

I kinda hated Haley too when she suggested Brooke see a therapist. I can't believe Mark even pu that in there. Haley's like the mother of wisdom and Brooke really could've used some of that. And it's funny how Peyton did say 'I love you' to other people yet Brooke only loved Lucas until Julian. And it is role reversal with her and Lucas. They throw 'I love you's all around like it's nothing yet Brooke truly meant it when she said it to Lucas.

And "It just does." made me cry even harder. Angst for Brucas is always the best but it's kinda bittersweet for me because it makes me wish I had a time machine and it makes me see Brooke as such a real and hurting person...well I don't feel bad about that.
sfbxfcb chapter 1 . 12/31/2010
Wonderful!
Natasha chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
God this story, it was soo good, so heart breaking. I think you got it exactly right in my view of the Bricas relationship/ Lucas never appricated her, never understood her, and she only said i love you to two guys while peyton has said it more. Brilliant really good, so heart breaking. There is a reason why Sophia Bush/Brooke is the best without a doubt. Great job
tripnfallbri chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
Ok you've heard this from me before and you'll hear it countless times again because your writing always evokes this kind of emotion from me, but your writing truly blows me away. It leaves me speechless, tightens my throat a little, leaves me sad and yet strangely content. You are one hell of a writer.

I just love your style. You write Brooke's angst and pain so well. And I swear it's like you read my mind and put into writing exactly how I feel Brooke's storylines on the show should have gone.

I liked how you jumped around in this one-shot from scenes of her beating to Brooke and Jamie interacting, and to Lucas Scott, the boy who probably broke her before she was even truly broken, it made it different and memorable, distinguishing it from other stories.

I feel like you describe how Brooke felt perfectly. She probably really did hate Haley at that moment when she suggested she see a therapist. And I know she was silently crying out for someone, anyone, (preferably Luke) to wake up and realize that those bruises were not from falling down a flight of stairs. You definitely understand the character of Brooke Davis.

This must sound weird, but there is definitely something a bit magical in the way you describe the brutality of Brooke’s attack, the way you go into such depth and describe the vomit and the breaking of bones, the blood. Something about it, just makes the story all the more better, intriguing, and heart breaking.

And I absolutely love how Jamie won’t accept Peyton as part of the family (or really he won’t accept LP in general for that matter). Brooke will always be Aunt Brooke, but Peyton will just be Peyton to Jamie. I love how loyal and insightful Jamie is. It’s touching and almost heartbreaking at the same time that Brooke’s only confidante is a 5 year old boy.

As usual your last line KILLED me. It was so simple and yet held so much hidden meaning. It revealed the brokenness of Brooke’s spirit and her pain.

Alright, I better wrap this up, it’s getting quite long. Bottom line is, your writing is brilliant. It’s amazing. I can’t get enough of it.

/Bri
only-because3 chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
:( This was realy sad. But it was so beautifully heartbreaking that it made me cry and realize that this show is just... more brutal than meets the eye lol. Fantastic job
awhero chapter 1 . 2/28/2009
That was a very bittersweet story. Loved the ending especially. There were parts were i didn't understand but that's more be being a dense person than anythingelse! lol

It's so weird that OTH/Brooke fans can see how terrible her life truly has been and how battered she must be but it's something that Mark never addresses! Thank you for going into it so beautifuly!

Have a great weekend!
hopelessromantic549 chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
oh this was wonderful. there are actually tears in my eyes.

you write brooke's pain so beautifully
ashstalker chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
!
SparklingIvy chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Oh, Tanya! This story is so wonderful. I made me cry, I'll admit. You know I love the way your portray Brooke's emotions and your narrative style.

I'll say, too, that I definitely see her as feeling alone and distant from everyone else. I think that that's how she must have felt after the attack, with no one there for her. Close in proximity, physically maybe, but not really there. And yeah, I thought Haley was a terrible friend by referring her to a therapist without really talking to her. I feel going to her with Sam, it was just a bit selfish - I know it's not, but it seemed to me that before she gave Brooke a 'project' she should have been more there for her. Then we got a few Baley moments, but I expected more from Haley.

You know, the way you depict Brooke is exactly how I see her. I always gravitate towards the dark side - she just seems so lonely, yes, defeated. Yet she puts on a brave face so as to not let it show.

I really liked the part in which she says that her relationship with Lucas was real, if anything to her - and that yes, Lucas said that he loved her, but she really doesn't have an answer for the question of whether he did love her or not.

10/10. Awesome story. I'm glad you are so inspired to write - I definitely love your stories - the angstier, the better.

Any more stories in store? :)
NothingCharming chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
The last line made me tear up. This was written beautifully.
princetongirl chapter 1 . 2/26/2009