Reviews for The Price
Queen Daphne Tudor chapter 1 . 2/13
Wow. Just wow.
with chapter 1 . 3/17/2014
you should make a second story of mary she dies and she has to decide to become a angle or demon she choose to become a demon then finds out what her father did then sets out to destroy Elizabeth and anne
verity-moonprincess01 chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Something magnificent... I love that it is long and not a short story. I am also glad that you let Anne live.
MADStar529 chapter 1 . 12/6/2013
Great story! Loved it!
The Slytherin Serpent chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Good story. :)
CrystalEarth chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
BEST STORY EVER!
yuiop chapter 1 . 5/20/2013
That was so good. I got misty eyed at the end.
Nuna Hatem chapter 1 . 12/16/2012
How utterly perfect. I can't say more than that, because this was indescribable. Wow. I love how he calls her Gloriana, how how he looks at Elizabeth instead of Anne, how he get rid of any threats for his Gloriana... ugh! This was too perfect!
pepperjill chapter 1 . 12/7/2012
wow. stunning. amazing what-if fic... It has occured to me that the astrologers who promised all signs pointed to a strong prince before Elizabeth's birth were not mistaken, she was princely and strong.
SpriteBlue chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
That was cool and beautiful :)
Tudor at heart chapter 1 . 2/28/2012
I would've loved to see you turn this into a full story .
Tera Earth chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
I have to say this story was both vaguely disturbing and kinda cool. I mean on the one hand, you have Henry actually acknowledging that a daughter can be a viable and powerful ruler in her own right. On the other hand, killing off mary, making sure all of Anne's future children are miscaried. I give him point for staying with Anne and being supportive after her first miscariage, but if his wife and daughter ever really knew how far he went to see this vision come to pass...chilling. How willing he was to do anything to make sure that Elizabeth became the Gloriana he saw. Thats what chills me. The lengths he went through.

On the other hand, I am really happy to see him be proud of Elizabeth. I always wondered what he would have thought of her reign. How even today, we still remember the Virgin Queen and what she did for her country. I mean for crying out loud, she basically was the Golden Age of England. Not too many rulers have periods of history named after them.

Again, great but very disturbing story.
Fleur24 chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
""and that, after all the time and effort and struggle it had cost him to make Anne his wife instead of his mistress, so that their children might be born legitimate, entitled to succeed him, she would never be able to give him a living son but, oddly, it did not come as a disappointment, as he would have expected it to. Instead, he was proud of Elizabeth, of Gloriana, and certain that she would overcome the handicap of being born female, allowing her to rule England as well as any King and better than any of her predecessors, himself included, had."" Well that is a comfort at least.

I love how you had Henry see how great a ruler Elizabeth would be. Its a very nice change.

"" They walked through the court with his arm threaded through hers in a manner that was not only protective but also a gesture of solidarity, a sign to the courtiers that his marriage to Anne was still strong, that she was still Queen in his heart and that he would not welcome any hint that he might set her aside after her miscarriage. His manner towards her gave Anne confidence, assuring her that she was forgiven and loved and that she did not need to harbour any fears about whether she and Elizabeth might be cast aside and she was much calmer and happier for it."" YAY! I really liked Queen Anne and was very upset when she was killed because she couldn't produce a heir. It was Henry's fault just as much as it was Anne's.

I loved how Henry asked More only for his silence. I'm glad More was released and not killed.

I also lobed how Henry confided in baby Elizabeth about him wanting her to rule.

I found it interesting that that he made sure that Anne micarried all of pregnances after Elizabeth, but it is understandable after seeing the vision of Elizabeth being a great ruler. This is a huge turn around for the man who only wanted heathly sons.

I'm glad that Henry tried to win Mary over with kindness, and show that he still loved and wanting to welcome her to court as his daughter, even if she was a bastard.

""opportunity.

Mary's funeral was a dignified one, attended by the members of the royal family, even little Elizabeth, and by most of the court.

The marble slab placed over her final resting place bore the title that she had persistently refused to accept in life: Lady Mary, the King's Daughter."" Its sad that she died, and that Katherine died two days later, but I'm glad that Mary had a furneral that was dignified as once should be of a daughter of a king.

""In recent years, the vision had come to vary from time to time; sometimes, instead of witnessing the coronation, he could see Gloriana out among her people, whose love and devotion for her was written all over their faces, and once he saw her don armour and ride out among the men who were armed and ready to defend England from invaders, vowing that, in the heat of battle, she was resolved to fight and die amongst them.

He stood by her side, watching with her as the invading Spanish ships were destroyed.

Each vision gave him the strength he needed to keep to the path he and Elizabeth were on, ensuring that he would never grow complacent or slip into his old ways."" That is so cool! I love how he saw a vision of her destorying Spanish ships invading England.

I absolutely love how Henry spent more time managing his country and not trusting anyone with his work.

Absolutely love how Henry did practically eberything to make sure Elizabeth became queen and that the people loved her.

""Elizabeth did a great deal to help her own cause.

The first time he told her of the vision was the day of her seventh birthday, the day she reached the age of reason, and when he told her, he was pleased to see that she recognized how important it was that they should make sure that God's will was done and that they saw to it that she would be Queen one day, the magnificent Queen he saw in his vision.

When they were alone, he sometimes called her Gloriana."" That is really cool. I like how Henry told Elizabeth about his visions.

"" he envied her, as she would be able to witness Elizabeth's coronation in the flesh, something that he would never be able to do, and she would see for herself the great Queen that their daughter would become.

Perhaps then she would truly be able to accept that she had not failed him."" I wish Anne had been truly alive to see her daughter's corination.

Its good reading that he never yeilded to the temptation of pretty young ladies at court.

This story was very well done. I enjoyed reading it a lot!
pansy25 chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Wow if only this really happened maybe my favorite queen wasn't be headed in history. but I think it was Elizabeth's experience that molded her to that way. But this is really good! It would have been a great twist.
the dark euphie chapter 1 . 6/9/2011
That exceedingly chilling and beautiful. Too bad he never really had this vision other wise it would have saved him a lot of trouble.