Reviews for Endgame
Morrigan's Wings chapter 20 . 10/21/2012
...I find myself terribly sad. Not because of the story, that was written well, but because of the Titans. It seems as though so many of you are leaving the Legendsverse behind. Though the new projects you are going to excite me, what will happen to the world I've come to love so much? I don't want to lose the Titans and I don't, dear God, want to lose Noel.
After all, Adam and Ryce will go on into their own series, they'll have a world of their own even if this one stops, but what happens to him? The Titans of the Legendsverse are still my favorites, above and beyond everything else.
And even if you've changed, these stories were most definately worth writing.
I'm very happy to hear about your new work. I think it will suit you well, and I wish you luck in it. But please, while you are achieving your future, don't lose sight of the past.
CerberAsta chapter 20 . 10/11/2012
Impressive ending, with a smooth wind-down. You really hit home the growth of Ryce, at the diminishment of the role of the Titans as a whole (which is fine; they had a lot of time to shine overall). Ryce had some Doctor-ish moments (I AM TALKING) and it was a very good cocnlusion
Sweet Verdandi chapter 20 . 10/10/2012
I thought I was beginning to understand - just barely glimpse the edges, really - what Azrael was about. But after that last, tiny section, I remembered that I should just stop guessing why Azrael does whatever he does.

It was a good ending. I liked how Ryce realized how strong she had become. Ryce trading banter with her siblings was awesome to the extreemeth power. Met coming to the rescue was glorious.

Technical-wise, I think you might have had more typos than usual. As long as you duNt ritE l!k thiS I have a high threshold for poor grammar, so I'm probably not the best judge.

Best of luck for all your endeavors.
SonofNapalm chapter 20 . 10/10/2012
A most excellent ending.
CerberAsta chapter 19 . 8/29/2012
Here's your official review xP

Good wind-down, lotsa fun. Could've been parsed a bit for conciseness, but I'm honestly used to it at this point.

Could've been the ending, but I still await what the real ending will be.
Son of Napalm chapter 19 . 8/22/2012
Uh... wow.
Sweet Verdandi chapter 19 . 8/20/2012
Rob's back and all is right in the world. Except all is not right, and Ryce cannot catch a break. At all. Ever.

I really liked the moments between Ryce and Adam. And the part where Ryce finds Death in the kitchen was very well done and suspenseful. All the parts from Ryce's point of view on her birthday had a different quality to them that felt very right for her character and left me captivated, but I don't know if I can say in words what was so good about them, so I won't try to.

Raven does not appear to appreciate Death. Usually Death is pretty awesome, although now that she's sending Ryce to uncertain doom I guess I'm siding more with Raven on this one.

Cliffhangers are a terrible thing to inflict on someone.
Morrigan's Wings chapter 19 . 8/20/2012
Aww, this was so sweet. ...Well, up until the end bit. But we know they're coming for her.
Go to my Real Account with Ter chapter 19 . 8/19/2012
Wow, that Impressed Reviewer guy seriously hit the nail in the head.
One more to go. This time for real.
I'm quite impressed myself, beautiful.
Impressed Review chapter 19 . 8/19/2012
Hello, I am one Impressed Reviewer. I go around reading stories in the internet and providing my full, detailed feedback to the few worthy ones. I do quite well.
Your story is an Epic of Homeric proportions, and I am amazed by your literally talents. I wait quite eagerly for your obvious next step into the professional writing world.
The drama is overwhelming, and I can scarcely wait for the conclusion.
Good day, talented writers!
Asta chapter 18 . 5/15/2012
I'm not as angry with the the Shieldbreaker DEM as Morrigan, though I confess myself thoroughly meh-annoyed about the Lord. I had expected Azrael to pull some shit to hack off the D'xias fight, but that was obviously foolish (Azrael don't give a shit). The confrontation between Azrael and Ryce was interesting, sorta. I enjoyed it for the most part.

The big reason I wasn't angry with the Shieldbreaker DEM was the aftermath of its usage. Yeah, it was used to stop D'xias, and the bargain made sense. Of course, the pay-off of Lord-death that everyone wants (mostly so he'll stop speeching) will probably be undone. I mean, the Heart of Darkness thing, afterall. I dunno.

Savior romping through Ryce's mind was interesting but ABSTRACT AS HELL. I understand that's the point, but DAMN. I'm certain I'm supposed to be confused, but guhhhhhh it was difficult to read because I kept thinking I must've missed something or just wasn't thinking hard enough about what I was reading.

Still, I do wish to see what happens next.
Asta chapter 17 . 5/14/2012
...And Gauntlet gets his time to shine! Then fall. Shining star fall metaphor here.

Well, that ending was certainly chilling. Onto chapter 18!
Sweet Verdandi chapter 18 . 2/3/2012
If you've killed off Rob... well, "death threat" is such a strong word (and is probably against 's reviewing protocol), but Morrigan when Noel died will look positively cheerful compared to my wrath. (In fact, Morrigan was pretty tame. Maybe she's in denial?) Mine is a less-vocal but still deep and eternal fangirl crush.

...I have to admit that I hope Noel and Ryce live as well.

Well, now that that pleasantness is over, lets talk about the chapter. Er, the chapterems/em. (I wonder if the italics will work.)

It always feels weird to me when an author puts in a paragraph to explain something I asked for, and I'm hypersensitive to it, so I'm probably not the best judge of the section where Tim's thinking about Met. That said, Met drawing his power from his environment makes a ton of sense.

A lot has happened, and it's hard to process it all, so lets make a list!

Things I liked:

-Rob coming to save Ryce.

-Rob striking at D'xias' heart. I think it was in Boogeyman Gaiden where Rob said that he would try his hardest to avoid killing or dying for the Titans, and here he does both, sort of.

-D'xias getting his just desserts.

-Your depiction of the white fires.

-Noel walking in Ryce's mind. I don't think that we learned much that we couldn't have already pieced together, but it's nice to see it.

-I felt it was so like Noel to not care about Ryce's wishes about the D.N.R. He does what he thinks is right, regardless of the consequences or of anyone's opinion. It's almost admirable.

Things I did not like:

-Rob's agonized screams of pain.

-Rob getting choked.

-Rob getting his back broken. (I mean, really, as if everything else wasn't enough.)

-Rob getting drowned. (I refuse to say killed. Except I just did. Oops.)

Things that confused me:

-The sword and the Lord, although I guess that it will make more sense if I re-read everything.

-The rules, and what Azrael and Xavius can't do and won't do. Actually, pretty much everything about them confuses me.

Did I mention that if you kill Rob I'll never forgive you?
Son of Napalm chapter 18 . 2/3/2012
What a cliffhanger to end on! Very good choice of cutoff points for this chapter, along with a tense final battle with D'xias, with an epic culmination.
Morrigan's Wings chapter 18 . 2/1/2012
Half of this chapter I liked... and half I didn't. The beginning, and the last part, were good. Noel being in Ryce's mind was fascinating, beautifully written, and a good character exploration for the both of them; the ending, not knowing if she survived or not, was haunting and fascinating and left me definately wanting to see the next part.

But, and I hate to say it given how much I've liked this story so far, the ending to D'xias wasn't good writing. It was deus ex machina at it's most obnoxious, the sword barely even hinted at if anything, dragging the Lord of the Night into things AGAIN even though Eric himself admitted that he's getting overused. The Titans, despite being the main protagonists of this series, were barely even involved. You had this absolutely amazing buildup, frightening and fascinating, and a fight we were all looking forward to... and then you just tossed in some plot device for the Hell of it and gave the whole thing a vague, unsatisfying ending. It wasn't INTERESTING.

I didn't enjoy it, and it wasn't worth the seventeen chapters of buildup to it. Having seen the rest of your writing, I know that you can do much, much better than this.

I really hope you don't take this as an insult, because I think you're amazing and it's still better than anything on my page. I just wanted to give you my honest opinion. And, as I mentioned, the chapter absolutely ended on a high note and could go wonderful places, so as long as you keep writing I'll keep reading.

Good luck!