Reviews for Tis Not the Fight That Crowns Us, But the End
Shiny chapter 1 . 12/25/2014
I know it's been years since you posted this, and I'm not even sure whether you're on FF or even into Firefly anymore; I just had to say something. This was perhaps one of the best tearjerkers I've read. If you ever end up reading this, thank you for this beautiful piece. On the off chance that you no longer care about Firefly, I sincerely hope you're still writing anyway.

Cheers.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/27/2012
-stifling quiet sobs- That was beautiful. Heart-breaking sad, but beautiful. Gorgeous fic. 10 out of 5.
the handmaiden chapter 1 . 11/8/2009
Great story. The prose was quite good and very believable easy to see the aging mal
hopeisabluebird chapter 1 . 5/5/2009
This is really good! Sad, but sweet. :o) Very beautiful.
Bytemite chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Sad. Sweet.

It's strange for me to try to imagine Mal somehow continuing on without his crew... Or even outliving them, really. But it's something to imagine, his grief as he looses each one, keeps going. The sheer amount of loss finally seems to have had the opposite effect on him, he seems more accepting here.

I wonder if Inara really came back. I mean, you're pretty clear she did, I think, but for some reason I'm imagining him imagining her in the end... Either way, it's beautiful.
xfirefly9x chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
*sniffs* I literally have tears in my eyes right now. Beautiful, powerful stuff.
Katesfriend chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Very nice glimpse into the future. Glad Mal and Inara finally got it right.
writtenwordlover chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
This has a nice flow to it, and a sweet resolution at the end. Mal's a patient man, but he knows what he wants:)
Brown-in-the-Black chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Wow. Well done for a first timer. Had to wipe me eyes, I did.

Well, well done
jane0904 chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Oh, bitter-sweet. All the people he'd found being lost to him again except for River, and then Inara coming back ... I'm not sure if I like best the line about Mal realising the only ones left to him were the ones he hadn't wanted, or the last one ... A family again.