Reviews for Where Soul Meets Body
This broke me. kudos.
Scherherazade chapter 1 . 6/3/2012
Interesting one shot.
Rachel Indeed chapter 1 . 1/26/2010
Okay, this story is amazing.

"She doesn't have to think before acting because more than just her mind remembers; all of her, some elusive sum of her thoughts and past and all of her essential parts knows Lee." This just rings true and really captures the elated, unhesitating certainty she projects during this scene. "And her, it, whatever she is, moves to do whatever it has to do to stop them from harming him as easily and naturally as someone's hand flinches away from a hot stove without consciously meaning to." Perfect.

You use Zak's ring beautifully, twining it into questions of love, individuality, and destiny.

I like her wry acknowledgement that Sam's Cylonhood has been put on a mental back-burner for her ever since Earth; her own existential crisis took precedence. But I like that she understands and accepts Sam's motivations once she spares a thought for them.

I love their entire conversation, the honesty and courage of it. The moment he finds her tags, and his incredible, intuitive understanding of all their implications, is so well done. Her panic in that moment is much more painful than his, and I love that the first words out of her mouth are "I love you" and the first out of his are "What did you do with the body?" There's something about that contrast that is so shockingly *them,* complementing soft-to-sharp. I love that she's emotional and he's pragmatic, and that both of those reactions are so clearly and unconditionally loving. I think it's great that he pulls himself together and tells her he can handle it, because that's just what Lee does. And I love that she tells him how she feels, because that's just what Kara never does.

The final image of the burden shared, and of faith beyond reason, is very powerful.
Rose's Heart chapter 1 . 3/12/2009
I really like it, but I'm a little confused. Okay, a lot confused, maybe you can help me?

I get that there are a couple of different plots going on, and I think what you were saying was that Starbuck was a Cylon? But otherwise everything else is a little fuzzy! AAH! LOl P

But otherwise, I think it's wonderful. I love your writing style and eveything is very vivid! KUDOS!
Readergirl chapter 1 . 3/4/2009
Great story! I hope you continue it. I always wished that she had told Lee about her 'other self' in that one episode.

I loved his reaction to it...especially how he just put on her second set of dog tags. It was very believable, especially given how he once responded to his father when he questioned if she was a cylon after she came back from 'seeing' Earth.
Annie chapter 1 . 3/1/2009
What a great analysis of what Kara must be going through and what a great take on one possible way Lee might react. I especially like the use of the two chains and the symbolism they represent. It's an excellent little detail that carries the idea of the story forward so beautifully.
StarryEyedGlimmer chapter 1 . 2/27/2009
Very powerful emotions. Really like the idea of how Kara "accidentally" told Lee about who she might be or the fact she doesn't know who she is except for the fact that she loves him. I also liked the symbolism of him wearing the second set of dog tags and ring around his neck bearing her burden as well. I also like the way you have them both thinking that know matter what she is it doesn't matter. That love is enough and if it isn't then nothing should matter in life anyways. There is nothing to lose. Great insight. Thanks.